No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New crime book, I’LL SEE YOU IN HELL, announced today via the newsletter. I think Jerad had mentioned this one in the past. Surprised to see it show up already since it hadn’t made the “Forthcoming” section of the Centipede site. Looks like a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      New crime book, I’LL SEE YOU IN HELL, announced today via the newsletter. I think Jerad had mentioned this one in the past. Surprised to see it show up already since it hadn’t made the “Forthcoming” section of the Centipede site. Looks like a winner.
      It does. I found an online reviewer that really liked it, so I ordered a copy.

Comment

...and, according to Jerad, the new Weird Fiction Review is looking more like the early part of 2021, rather than this November or December.

Looking forward to announcing my new Collecting the Modern Macabre feature focus (but want to wait until closer to publication)...I think this one is going to prove especially enticing for many.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Enjoyed the last one Ron, looking forward to the new one!!

Comment

Received my S/L HC of the new McPartland noir reprint. Looking forward to reading it soon...but I do wish the interior rear art would’ve been swapped with the art on the cover. Not a fan of the latter, but the former is terrific.

Comment

Two of my Favorite Centipede Titles, William Lindsay Gresham's, Nightmare Alley and Grindshow: The Selected Writings. Pictured is a third Volume I hope Jerad will do one day, Monster Midway published in 1953, super hard to find. I bought this one at a thrift store for fifty cents. Digging through those piles of romances titles pays off sometimes LOL!!
              Gresham Titles.jpg

Comment

I'd love to see Centipede do that third volume as well...those other two volumes are fantastic. I was thrilled when these came out...NIGHTMARE ALLEY has been a favorite noir for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  I'd love to see Centipede do that third volume as well...those other two volumes are fantastic. I was thrilled when these came out...NIGHTMARE ALLEY has been a favorite noir for a long time.
                  And a slipcase of course lol!!

Comment

They were filming Nightmare Alley here in Buffalo before the world went to hell. It was pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      Received my S/L HC of the new McPartland noir reprint. Looking forward to reading it soon...but I do wish the interior rear art would’ve been swapped with the art on the cover. Not a fan of the latter, but the former is terrific.
                      I really want to read this one. Waiting on my copy. I'm also eagerly awaiting SOMETHING WICKED. Sounds like copies should be shipping soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I really want to read this one. Waiting on my copy. I'm also eagerly awaiting SOMETHING WICKED. Sounds like copies should be shipping soon.
                        Really excited to see this one also. Hopefully my copy will be in an early batch!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Really excited to see this one also. Hopefully my copy will be in an early batch!
                          I will admit that I'm a little iffy on the whole 3D glasses thing for the illustrations. I'm curious as to the reception it will have once it's in people's hands.

Comment

Got my notice yesterday. I hope they do The October Country at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Got my notice yesterday. I hope they do The October Country at some point.
                              Congratulations, you were in the first batch. Hopefully I will get a shipping notice next week. I must admit that I have never read October Country. At some point I will have to remedy that.

Comment

Congratulations, you were in the first batch. Hopefully I will get a shipping notice next week. I must admit that I have never read October Country. At some point I will have to remedy that.
                                I and Joe Lansdale think it's his best work. I'm sure you know it's an updated collection of his first stories published by Arkham House, Dark Carnival 1947. October Country was published in 1955 and to quote Lansdale, "But the October Country was, and is, his finest hour. Had he written only this one volume of stories, his place in the archives library of the darkly fantastic would have been assured. And his disciples no less numerous." Horror: 100 Best Books. I totally agree. I have the Gauntlet 40th anniversary edition (1997). Dennis Etchison wrote the introduction and Robert McCammon the Afterward. It's signed by All three. You can still find surprisingly affordable copies still floating around. However, I would love to see Jeard give it the Centipede treatment. Treat Yo Self Martin LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X