No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like high retail to me. Were it me, I’d wait for a better deal...one almost always comes around.

of course, it’s the “almost” that can sometimes throw a wrench in the works...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

The Drowning Girl was one of the first Centipede titles I ever bought.

My biggest regret was not getting the signed edition of Kafka on the Shore. I have the unsigned, but damn would it have been great to have Murakami's signature.

I also regret not buying several years of Weird Fiction Reviews. At the time, they didn't interest me. But now I want them all, haha...

Comment

Quite an announcement today!!

Comment

There were a few titles I'm interested in that were announced today. Now it just comes down to price point.

Comment

Lot of great titles in that list!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              There were a few titles I'm interested in that were announced today. Now it just comes down to price point.
              The eternal challenge.

Agree with everyone — a very intriguing list!

Comment

Club Duma, an all time favorite!

Comment

Ender's Game was the first Centipede I bought. I remember being so excited when it arrived, and then devastated that a number of the pages had all sorts of excess glue, so you couldn't even page through them. Jerad did a swap, and the second copy was the same way. At one time I had three copies in my living room, two were glued and useless, but the third I still own.

I also managed to grab A Girl in the Swing. Beautiful book and the closest that I'll ever have to owning a signed Watership Down.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I'm also jealous of that ENDER'S GAME you got on the shelf. Man, that's one of the ones that I wish I hadn't missed out on.

Now it's time for "Sock Monkey's Biggest Centipede Press Regrets", in no particular order:
                  1. Ender's Game
                  2. Fritz Leiber Masters of the Weird Tale
                  3. A Mountain Walked
                  4. The Girl in the Swing
                  5. The Drowning Girl
                  6. All Heads Turn When the Hunt Goes By
                  7. The Collector

All of those are books that I had the opportunity to pick up--maybe not The Girl In The Swing, that might have never made it to the public--but I passed on due to budget or some other dumb reason (money's not important! We don't need food or clothes, or other such nonsense!) BUT I did get to take what would have been the eighth title off the list and it should be delivered on Saturday!

Comment

I'm also jealous of that ENDER'S GAME you got on the shelf. Man, that's one of the ones that I wish I hadn't missed out on.

Now it's time for "Sock Monkey's Biggest Centipede Press Regrets", in no particular order:
                    1. Ender's Game
                    3. A Mountain Walked
                    4. The Girl in the Swing
                    5. The Drowning Girl
                    7. The Collector

All of those are books that I had the opportunity to pick up--maybe not The Girl In The Swing, that might have never made it to the public--but I passed on due to budget or some other dumb reason (money's not important! We don't need food or clothes, or other such nonsense!) BUT I did get to take what would have been the eighth title off the list and it should be delivered on Saturday!

I am going to pretend that I did not see that Centipede released a copy of The Collector that I somehow missed!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am going to pretend that I did not see that Centipede released a copy of The Collector that I somehow missed!
                      Sorry, dude...

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                        Ender's Game was the first Centipede I bought. I remember being so excited when it arrived, and then devastated that a number of the pages had all sorts of excess glue, so you couldn't even page through them. Jerad did a swap, and the second copy was the same way. At one time I had three copies in my living room, two were glued and useless, but the third I still own.

I also managed to grab A Girl in the Swing. Beautiful book and the closest that I'll ever have to owning a signed Watership Down.

A Centipede Press edition of WATERSHIP DOWN would be AMAZING.

Comment

I have too many Centipede regrets to list them all, but I certainly wish I had more of those early crime titles that were released. I also wish I could go back and pick up the first four Library of Weird Fiction volumes (Hodgson, Poe, et al) that someone offered to me for $25 a pop, or $100 for all four, a deal which in hindsight seems inexplicably baffling that I passed on. Same seller offer me the Charles Grant volumes at similar prices, and I passed on those, too. And there were a number of other Centipede titles, all at half-off original list price. God, it truly pains me to think of all those I passed on...fortunately, I had the sense to pick up several others.

1. Ender's Game

I passed on that one, but do have the signed Easton HC, which I try to tell myself is good enough.

I passed on this one, because I essentially had all the stories in the volume in my other volumes from Midnight House, et al. I still look at copies for sale on-line with great longing, but I still think I right decision. Probably. I do have Centipede's Leiber Library of Science Fiction volume, or whatever it's called.

3. A Mountain Walked

This one I have...as a signed/limited antho, it's damn impressive.

4. The Girl in the Swing

I passed on this one...but wish I could have a do-over. :-(

5. The Drowning Girl

I passed. No regrets; Kiernan is just not my cup of tea.

I have this one. In fact, I'm pleased to say I have all the Centipede Farris volumes.

7. The Collector

I passed on this one as well...I have the Easton (Franklin?) signed HC, and that was good enough.

Comment

Sorry, dude...
                            I looked it up this morning after seeing your post. I have the Signed Franklin Library edition so it will have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              I have too many Centipede regrets to list them all, but I certainly wish I had more of those early crime titles that were released. I also wish I could go back and pick up the first four Library of Weird Fiction volumes (Hodgson, Poe, et al) that someone offered to me for $25 a pop, or $100 for all four, a deal which in hindsight seems inexplicably baffling that I passed on. Same seller offer me the Charles Grant volumes at similar prices, and I passed on those, too. And there were a number of other Centipede titles, all at half-off original list price. God, it truly pains me to think of all those I passed on...fortunately, I had the sense to pick up several others.
                              Oh man those would have been some good deals. It’s very easy to look back with hindsight and pick apart our decisions but they were what they were.

I too passed on the first four Library of Weird Fiction titles because I was of the mindset of “why would I want these glorified trade editions; I’ll just Track down the ‘true’ limited MotWT volumes”. Geez, I wasn’t thinking straight at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I looked it up this morning after seeing your post. I have the Signed Franklin Library edition so it will have to do.
                                From the pictures I’ve seen that’s a very nice edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X