Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Here's what was posted on FB:
    WOW! Did any of you order the Centipede Press titles of FALLING ANGEL and ANGEL’S INFERNO? They come slipcased together. Shipped for $231. The books and slipcase are gorgeously beautiful beyond belief. How does he do it at that price point? I can’t see where he scimped anywhere. Is it just because the print run is 500 or is he a magician?

And:
    Be sure the check out the signature pages for each book once you get them. Jerad outdid himself in that department this time around.

And:
    pics would not do justice. The type of cloth on the boards is awesome with the imprint.
    The wait is killing me! As a subscriber, I usually get a “heads up” for when the book is shipped because I’ll get sent an invoice. I haven’t received the invoice yet...

Due to all the raving, I’m holding off on seeing any pics. No spoilers!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

The wait is killing me! As a subscriber, I usually get a “heads up” for when the book is shipped because I’ll get sent an invoice. I haven’t received the invoice yet...

Due to all the raving, I’m holding off on seeing any pics. No spoilers!
      Me too. I'm avoiding pics today and tomorrow until I slice that box open. I knew this set was going to be something special when Jerad first hinted at it a year ago(?). I'd never read Falling Angel, but I saw Angel Heart and the movie just stuck with me. Though I'm hoping/expecting the novel to be better. And so much time has passed since I saw the movie, I'll be able to read the book without knowing exactly what's coming. Add into that the never before published sequel and this was a no brainer. I'd been planning on getting this set all along but then COVID rolled up on us and started murdering the economy. It opened for preorder just in time and I bought it. Future be damned. I'm sure that's a more accurate forecast than anyone would like.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Me too. I'm avoiding pics today and tomorrow until I slice that box open. I knew this set was going to be something special when Jerad first hinted at it a year ago(?). I'd never read Falling Angel, but I saw Angel Heart and the movie just stuck with me. Though I'm hoping/expecting the novel to be better. And so much time has passed since I saw the movie, I'll be able to read the book without knowing exactly what's coming. Add into that the never before published sequel and this was a no brainer. I'd been planning on getting this set all along but then COVID rolled up on us and started murdering the economy. It opened for preorder just in time and I bought it. Future be damned. I'm sure that's a more accurate forecast than anyone would like.
        The book and movie vary quite a bit from what I recall. You can see the relationship between the two like cousins but it isn’t like FIGHT CLUB where whole swaths of dialogue is pulled from the book. im sure you’ll enjoy the book.

On another note, looks like there won’t be a newsletter today. That bums me out. I always enjoy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          On another note, looks like there won’t be a newsletter today. That bums me out. I always enjoy them.
          I got one today. No new titles. Just shipping update on Falling Angel. Hinting at the possibility of The Midwich Cuckoo's and Neal Asher. And the reflection of what was the best decade to grow up in.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

I got one today. No new titles. Just shipping update on Falling Angel. Hinting at the possibility of The Midwich Cuckoo's and Neal Asher. And the reflection of what was the best decade to grow up in.
            Huh. I haven’t received it yet.

Comment

I haven't, either. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                I haven't, either. Weird.
                Same here. Just checked my spam folder, and it's not there either.

Comment

I think I saw an email sometime ago and Jerad send he wasn't sending notifications out unless they were requested.

Comment

No newsletter for me, either. If we were supposed to opt-in, I must have missed that notification, too.
                    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                      No newsletter for me, either. If we were supposed to opt-in, I must have missed that notification, too.
                      Same here, on all that. I also don’t recall an opt-in change on the newsletter.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Share a screenshot! I don't have one either.

Comment

Thanks! I would have no idea how to do that.....
                          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I didn't get a newsletter either.

Comment

I too did not get a newsletter today. I actually thought Centipede did not send out newsletters every week as it is not uncommon for me to not get one. Since May I have not received a newsletter several times:
                              May 3rd.
                              May 24th
                              June 14th
                              June 28th
                              July 12th
                              August 2nd
                              Since clearly one went out today I assume they have some tiered distribution.

Comment

Working...
                              X