X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    D'oh. Ron, you are completely right. I just assumed that it was original artwork for the edition, which is my bad. Thank you for the clarification. I will, however, stand by my comment that I love the artwork.
    No disagreement there...those HORRORSTORY series volumes from U/M had fantastic art, each and every one (though I recall there was only three, with oddly vols. 3, 4, and 5 the only ones appearing, no vols 1 and 2...can't remember the why/story on that one), so since Centipede decided to recycle art this time around for that second volume, they couldn't have chosen better than from that series -- this one being from Volume 4.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    D'oh. Ron, you are completely right. I just assumed that it was original artwork for the edition, which is my bad. Thank you for the clarification. I will, however, stand by my comment that I love the artwork.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    ...and:
    wagner2.JPG

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Beautiful volumes...can't wait to get my order in for a copy. That dustjacket and board for Vol. 2, though, actually *is* derivative of the '80s as it was originally used for a couple of volumes from that era...I'm actually kind of surprised Centipede recycled artwork, that isn't usually their style.
    wagner.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Finally, here's the dustjacket for Volume Two, the front board of Volume Two, and the limitation page. I'm a big fan of David Ho's art so I liked his artwork for Volume One quite a bit. But Michael Whelan's artwork for Volume Two's just kinda knocks my socks off. It hits that fantastic 1980s paperback vibe without feeling derivative or without trying too hard to feel like 80s. I really dig it.

Overall, it's a fantastic edition and I'm excited that Grant is getting some more light being shined on him as I feel that his work doesn't get discussed too much of late. Really looking forward to reading this one.

IMG_0280 (2).JPGIMG_0281 (2).jpgIMG_0282 (2).JPG

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Here's the boards of Volume One, the title page, and the table of contents for both Volume One and Volume Two.

IMG_0275 (2).jpgIMG_0276 (2).JPGIMG_0277 (2).JPGIMG_0278 (2).jpgIMG_0279 (2).JPG

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I received my copy of Centipede's two volume Charles L. Grant set in their Masters of the Weird Tale series. These editions never fail to impress and this set is no exception. There's a decidedly different tone in the cover art between the two books, which I absolutely love. It's 1,000+ pages spread over two volumes which should make it a lot easier to read than some of their other larger single volume sets.

Here's the set in the slipcase and the front and back dustjacket art for Volume 1:

IMG_0272 (2).JPGIMG_0273 (2).JPGIMG_0274 (2).JPG

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Looks like the price for 'We Have Always Lived in the Castle' was bumped up to $600.
    Too rich for my blood. I was glad to see that, like THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE, that a small, cheaper volume of WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE is planned for 2024...it'll nicely match my smaller, cheaper copy of THOHH.

Leave a comment:

• JeremyM
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone else order "Cold Moon over Babylon" today? I've been counting down for Centipede to put this up for pre-order and am so excited!
    Yep - I loved 'Blackwater', so was excited to see more McDowell. I haven't read it yet - so this will go towards of the top of my ever increasing 'to read' pile. A bit bummed I missed out on 'The Elementals', so glad I was able to get a copy of this.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Anyone else order "Cold Moon over Babylon" today? I've been counting down for Centipede to put this up for pre-order and am so excited!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Looks like the price for 'We Have Always Lived in the Castle' was bumped up to $600.
      I will be totally upfront about this one, it is going to get bundled and sold to fund my book collecting for the next two years LOL!!  Matching # 96 if anyone is interested, just giving Y'all a heads up.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Yeah, that price tag is gonna sting. I’m super excited about the McDowell and Grant books, as well.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuggers View Post

I love this series but have very few in my collection....and at that price I think I'm going to have to choose between this and the Weird Tales titles coming down the line...despite his output and reputation, I'm just not familiar enough with Grant's work to pull the trigger 
    Eat some Ramen for awhile and get both.  I can't count the number of lunches I skipped to buy books back in the olden days HAHAH!!!

Leave a comment:

• Chuggers
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Also coming in two or three weeks will be our two-volume Charles L. Grant set in the Masters of the Weird Tale series. As you know, this is a more expensive set of books and the signed copies will run about $325 per set.  I'm all in, anybody else??
    I love this series but have very few in my collection....and at that price I think I'm going to have to choose between this and the Weird Tales titles coming down the line...despite his output and reputation, I'm just not familiar enough with Grant's work to pull the trigger 

Leave a comment:

Working...
X