X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

I talked to Heller's agent about another one and they were really excited but the conversation kind of died off and I haven't circled back... Do you think collectors would want another one?
    I sure would!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Reading today's email and from the artwork it looks like we're getting a limited of Mystery Walk!! I wll need to get myself a copy. Would love to get a hand on a lettered edition, but I doubt that (a) there will copies available and (b) I could afford the price tag. And since we are on the topic of McCammon, I'd also like a limited edition of Mine.
    Saw that email as well.  This book has been mentioned as needing an LE quite a bit; so, I'm sure it will do great for Lividian.  Sign me up!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

I talked to Heller's agent about another one and they were really excited but the conversation kind of died off and I haven't circled back... Do you think collectors would want another one?
    I've read all of Heller's work (save for his new one, BURN, but I do have a signed 1st HC of it in my TBR pile) and count myself as a huge fan...Heller, Stewart O'Nan, and Willy Vlautin are my pop-fiction trinity. That said, while I love his work and would love to see it gain more exposure and readers, his work really doesn't have the vibe -- to me -- of limited-edition broad appeal, save for the one already done, THE DOG STARS. For me, there's a difference between fiction I absolutely love to read and work that feels like it requires high-end collectible archiving.

All that said, if Heller was granted the Lividian treatment again, I'd buy it, as I am such a huge fan. I do wonder, again though, about his broad appeal to the collector market.

If SM is correct about A PRAYER FOR DYING, that's good news as well.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 10-03-2024, 06:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Reading today's email and from the artwork it looks like we're getting a limited of Mystery Walk!! I wll need to get myself a copy. Would love to get a hand on a lettered edition, but I doubt that (a) there will copies available and (b) I could afford the price tag. And since we are on the topic of McCammon, I'd also like a limited edition of Mine.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by brlesh View Post

I’m guessing another Stewart O’Nan book.

B
    Yeah, I thought of A Prayer for the Dying when I read the email.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

It definitely wouldn't break my heart!  Your edition of the Dog Stars was my first exposure to Heller's stuff and I really enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Me too! Made me instantly think of the Heller book they did a while back. Am wondering if we're getting a second Heller book.
    I’m guessing another Stewart O’Nan book.

B

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied

Yes!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Me too! Made me instantly think of the Heller book they did a while back. Am wondering if we're getting a second Heller book.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    From today’s update; “We're working on a Limited Edition of one of my favorite plague stories, a more "literary" take on life in a time of sickness and madness, and it's also moving along nicely at the printer. We will announce this one in November.”

Instantly intrigued.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    From today’s update; “We're working on a Limited Edition of one of my favorite plague stories, a more "literary" take on life in a time of sickness and madness, and it's also moving along nicely at the printer. We will announce this one in November.”

Instantly intrigued.
    Brian James Freeman Presents The COVID Diaries

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Instantly intrigued.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Announcing a trade paperback edition of Seven Shades of Evil by Robert McCammon, the ninth volume in his acclaimed Matthew Corbett series --> https://lividian.com/new-edition-ann...bert-mccammon/

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied

King’s essay was the intro to one of the Pocket Books editions, I think. Other than RC’s essay, there is no other crossover material.
    Cool- thanks, Brian!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post
    This book sounds- and looks!- great, Brian. 2 Questions: Is the King Essay a reprint? And, is there any crossover material from Chizmar's (hopefully forthcoming soon) "Revisited" book?
    King’s essay was the intro to one of the Pocket Books editions, I think. Other than RC’s essay, there is no other crossover material.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X