No announcement yet.

Lividian Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I’m in for a copy. While I’m not the biggest Hill fan, I absolutely love Heart Shaped Box. Very excited to re-read it upon arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Only in the sense that it has squeezed a couple of announcements closer together than I had wanted, but it's all good. I'm really excited about these projects and I (really) hope I won't be alone in that excitement! Otherwise, I guess I'll have a lot of reading copies of some books I really like.

Brian
      Sounds very exciting. I'll keep my eyes open for the Subterranean Press newsletters! ;-)

Comment

Looking forward to the boat load of items that come with the Patreon support level. I'm really looking forward to the lettered! The 20th CG lettered is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          I really like this model of pre-order and no pre-payment. Just saying.
          It's s beautiful thing.

Comment

Recieved my copy of night country today. Happy to have this one on my shelf. Great work once again. Unfortunately my dust jacket has a very small rip in it but very pleased overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
              Recieved my copy of night country today. Happy to have this one on my shelf. Great work once again. Unfortunately my dust jacket has a very small rip in it but very pleased overall.
              You should email Brian [email protected]. I would expect that he has extras and would be able to replace it.

Comment

Thanks will do

Comment

…aaannd I just broke down and ordered a copy of THE NIGHT COUNTRY. It’s something I should’ve ordered to begin with, so am glad I at last got around to correcting my mistake.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I hadn't read the story but the book is gorgeous. I hope you will be pleased.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    …aaannd I just broke down and ordered a copy of THE NIGHT COUNTRY. It’s something I should’ve ordered to begin with, so am glad I at last got around to correcting my mistake.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I am VERY happy I grabbed Heart-Shaped Box as soon as the email came!!!! Seriously excited about that one! I really hope they do more Hill at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                        I am VERY happy I grabbed Heart-Shaped Box as soon as the email came!!!! Seriously excited about that one! I really hope they do more Hill at some point.
                        Brian has indicated more Hill books are under contract and his plan was to release them about once a year in original release order. If that information remains accurate I expect Horns in 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          I hadn't read the story but the book is gorgeous. I hope you will be pleased.

Thanks, I'm sure I will be...the pics I've seen of the volume definitely appear to do O'Nan's work justice.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            I fully intended and expected to order it, as I had all of Brian's previous releases, and that sucker was gone as soon as I saw the email. Pretty shocked. I immediately put my name on Lividian's Wait List (rather than try to secure a copy from another dealer), and hope that pans out at publication time. Am I a little reluctant to add yet another $100-a-book publisher to the ever expanding list? Yep, but, I'm very impressed with all of LP's books so far, and appreciate Brian's commitment to improve wherever he can.

Comment

You are not alone in being reluctant to add another $100+ publisher. I love LP and will try to hang with Brian but at these price points I am hanging on by a finger. The only reason I can hold on with LP is their preorder and pay later policy. It gives me a chance to fit an expensive book into my budget over time. This however limits me from picking up standard fair small press stuff. This has been difficult for me to contend with. There have been many SST and Earthling titles I've had to skip because I don't have enough saved money in the account.

Struggling to deal with stagnant wages (for 10 years now), inflation, and how all that fits into my hobby.

Originally posted by swintek View Post

I fully intended and expected to order it, as I had all of Brian's previous releases, and that sucker was gone as soon as I saw the email. Pretty shocked. I immediately put my name on Lividian's Wait List (rather than try to secure a copy from another dealer), and hope that pans out at publication time. Am I a little reluctant to add yet another $100-a-book publisher to the ever expanding list? Yep, but, I'm very impressed with all of LP's books so far, and appreciate Brian's commitment to improve wherever he can.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

A Lividian Patreon shipment is scheduled to arrive next Monday. I am very excited to see this one in person!

Comment

Working...
                                X