Lividian Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    There was a production update for The Night Country that some may have missed.

https://lividian.com/may-2021-update...-publications/
    I did catch have that one and it has me thinking that the next announcement may be soon. I am hoping for Heart Shaped Box on one side of my brain and am hoping for something completely outside of the box on the other side. Maybe he will announce two books!

Comment

I am happy to see the upgraded board weight for the slipcases. Such gorgeous books deserve a substantial slipcase to house them. Brian continues to do things right. I am eager for forthcoming announcements from Lividian!

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
        I am happy to see the upgraded board weight for the slipcases. Such gorgeous books deserve a substantial slipcase to house them. Brian continues to do things right. I am eager for forthcoming announcements from Lividian!
        Completely agree on all points!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I did catch have that one and it has me thinking that the next announcement may be soon. I am hoping for Heart Shaped Box on one side of my brain and am hoping for something completely outside of the box on the other side. Maybe he will announce two books!
          I'm pretty sure it's The Chill by Michael Koryta. The author posted the signature sheet on his FB page. You can also find it on the Fans of Lividian Publications page.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead View Post

I'm pretty sure it's The Chill by Michael Koryta. The author posted the signature sheet on his FB page. You can also find it on the Fans of Lividian Publications page.
            I had not heard that. I have read three or four Koryta books and enjoyed them. I would be happy with A Lividian Koryta book.

Comment

The next book is 616 pages, which won’t help you at all because that is way different than the trade edition was.

I don’t have a firm announcement schedule yet… I have a fairly firm *production* schedule, but I haven’t decided how far out from publication I actually want to *announce* books.

The next two books have set print runs based on their contracts, so there’s no need for pre-orders to set the print runs like we did with the King and the Hill… One book is being started next week, and the other as soon as the signature sheets are back from England.

So I could announce them sooner than later if I wanted, but I'm leaning toward waiting until the books are done and the cases are at least started...

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Mr. Freeman, any chance you will produce slipcases for Joe Hills 1st editions as you are producing his limited editions?
                Sorry, missed this! I think the LATER slipcase might be a one time experiment, mostly because my plate is so full.

Brian
                Brian James Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Sorry, missed this! I think the LATER slipcase might be a one time experiment, mostly because my plate is so full.

Brian
                  You have your priorities in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                    The next book is 616 pages, which won’t help you at all because that is way different than the trade edition was.

I don’t have a firm announcement schedule yet… I have a fairly firm *production* schedule, but I haven’t decided how far out from publication I actually want to *announce* books.

The next two books have set print runs based on their contracts, so there’s no need for pre-orders to set the print runs like we did with the King and the Hill… One book is being started next week, and the other as soon as the signature sheets are back from England.

So I could announce them sooner than later if I wanted, but I'm leaning toward waiting until the books are done and the cases are at least started...

Brian
                    This is exciting news! Personally, I prefer that you wait to announce them until they are closer to being completed as it makes it seem more seamless that way. Can't wait for the next book announcement!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead View Post

Yes, there were a couple of not-too-subtle photos posted to that group that left little doubt. I will share them here for those who are not on Facebook. The second image was posted by Francois Vaillancourt with a comment that said, "Somebody is getting a cool doodle in a soon to be announced Lividian book."

chill 1.jpg
                      chill 2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

Yes, there were a couple of not-too-subtle photos posted to that group that left little doubt. I will share them here for those who are not on Facebook. The second image was posted by Francois Vaillancourt with a comment that said, "Somebody is getting a cool doodle in a soon to be announced Lividian book."

chill 1.jpg
                        chill 2.jpg
                        Thanks for sharing, love the Vaillancourt doodle. So will Koryta sign it as Scott Carson or use his real name?

Comment

Thanks for sharing, love the Vaillancourt doodle. So will Koryta sign it as Scott Carson or use his real name?
                          The signature sheets are printed with the Carson persona typed on them, so it'd be a bit silly for him to sign them with his normal Koryta signature.

There's a signed trade edition on eBay where he signed it MK/SC, so maybe he'll sign it that way?

Comment

I've been super busy, so I forgot to post some links that might be of interest:

The Night Country photo gallery

Photos from our first day of packing the Lettered Edition of The Night Country

Photos from our first day of packing the Limited Edition of The Night Country

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Comment

The pictures look amazing AND I got a shipping notice. I can't wait to see it in person!!!! Great work Brian!

Comment

Man Oh' Man! Those came out great. Need to check out the library and make some room.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X