Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lividian Publications

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I have made the choice that I’m not an artwork portfolio collector (lines have to be drawn somewhere) but this is one that tempted me. I really like the art.

    I also really like the Letterpress lettered editions in general, or at least pictures of REVIVAL and the design of 20th CENTURY GHOSTS. There’s a lettered for sale on EBay that I keep eyeing, but I have to remind myself I’m not a big King collector and that I’d be being it solely for the design aesthetics. I will have to be content with my limited editions.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      I have made the choice that I’m not an artwork portfolio collector (lines have to be drawn somewhere) but this is one that tempted me. I really like the art.

      I also really like the Letterpress lettered editions in general, or at least pictures of REVIVAL and the design of 20th CENTURY GHOSTS. There’s a lettered for sale on EBay that I keep eyeing, but I have to remind myself I’m not a big King collector and that I’d be being it solely for the design aesthetics. I will have to be content with my limited editions.
      Keith, the lettered Revival is a masterpiece and no photos could ever do it justice. You must own it, feel it, caress it. It's calling to you......

      Comment


        Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

        Keith, the lettered Revival is a masterpiece and no photos could ever do it justice. You must own it, feel it, caress it. It's calling to you......
        Brian, if you caress it too much or too often, it will lose value!!!

        Comment


          Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post

          Brian, if you caress it too much or too often, it will lose value!!!
          No doubt lol.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

            Keith, the lettered Revival is a masterpiece and no photos could ever do it justice. You must own it, feel it, caress it. It's calling to you......
            Don't tempt me. I keep telling myself that I missed out on the 20th CENTURY GHOSTS lettered so if I buy this one, I'll be disappointed I don't have the next. This tactic is working so far. We'll see if I have the endurance to hold out for the long haul.

            Comment


              I’m really happy to share some news that has been in the works for a while now:

              We’re changing our name from LetterPress Publications to Lividian Publications. Our new website address is Lividian.com and my new email address is brian@lividian.com — although the old addresses will continue to work for a while.

              The press logo remains the same, so the SPINES of all the current and past books will match on the shelf, and this doesn’t change anything about the projects we’ve announced.

              Right before the announcement of Revival by Stephen King, we changed direction as a company to focus on publishing beautiful special editions that were also as affordable as possible. There are a number of terrific publishers specializing in letterpress printed books, and we felt it was important to try to do something different.

              Nothing else will be changing in terms of how we’re doing things, just our name, but we wanted to get this announced before the 20th Century Ghosts review copies ship since they do have the new press name on them. Speaking of those review copies, they turned out beautifully. Here’s a photo I took this weekend:



              More news to come soon! Thank you again for all of your support and enthusiasm!

              Best,
              Brian
              Brian James Freeman
              brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

              Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
              Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
              Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

              Comment


                Onward and upward! I like the new name, Brian. It is more unique and distinctive. I'm sure everyone is glad that the logo will stay the same. You know how us book collectors are. ;-)

                I still love, love, love my limited edition of REVIVAL and I'm looking forward to everything you will be doing in the future. Those review copies of 20th Century Ghosts look wonderful!

                Comment


                  Lividian...


                  (Sorry for the font. Don't know how to change it.)

                  Are you able to tell us the meaning behind the name and how to pronounce it?

                  Either way I am thankful you kept a name consistent with your prior publication in regards to the book(s) appearance.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    Lividian...


                    (Sorry for the font. Don't know how to change it.)

                    Are you able to tell us the meaning behind the name and how to pronounce it?

                    Either way I am thankful you kept a name consistent with your prior publication in regards to the book(s) appearance.

                    https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1213169

                    Comment


                      Okay. Hopefully this can be put over here. I don't visit that site and will not click on it.

                      I appreciate the link though.



                      Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                        Okay. Hopefully this can be put over here. I don't visit that site and will not click on it.

                        I appreciate the link though.




                        Here is Brian's post:

                        I wish I could say it means something awesome in Latin or ancient Greek, but Lividian was just one of the names for a bad guy in a book I wrote in high school.

                        I always liked the name, and when I needed something for the press that started with "L" (to keep the logo the same), it popped into my head again. I still liked the "ring" of the name, and the domain name Lividian.com was available (I've always wanted a shorter domain name), so I decided it was a sign to make the change.

                        Brian

                        Comment


                          I started this comment and then got pulled away... but I'll still be copying my answer from the DT board even though it's already been done!

                          I wish I could say it means something awesome in Latin or ancient Greek, but Lividian was just one of the names for a bad guy in a book I wrote in high school.

                          I always liked the name, and when I needed something for the press that started with "L" (to keep the logo the same), it popped into my head again. I still liked the "ring" of the name, and the domain name Lividian.com was available (I've always wanted a shorter domain name), so I decided it was a sign to make the change.

                          As to how I pronounce it, here's a little audio example:



                          Brian
                          Brian James Freeman
                          brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                          Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
                          Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
                          Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                          Comment


                            Thank you for the replies. It's appreciated!
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X