Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming that it hasn't been taken already, my guess is 1375

Comment

The odds of it being a nice round number have to be rare. Horseshoes and hand grenades I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        The odds of it being a nice round number have to be rare. Horseshoes and hand grenades I guess.
        I think it's a given that Brian will round it up to get to at least a multiple of 10, if not 25 or 50.

Comment

I'm Guessing 936

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
            I think it's a given that Brian will round it up to get to at least a multiple of 10, if not 25 or 50.
            I agree with that. I doubt the exact number of orders for Revival were 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I agree with that. I doubt the exact number of orders for Revival were 1500.
              True. Still be interesting to know what the actual count is based on the orders alone. More copies will need to be published for replaces, etc also.

Comment

I guess 1,450 copies.

Comment

Comment

True. Still be interesting to know what the actual count is based on the orders alone. More copies will need to be published for replaces, etc also.
                    I will round up to the nearest interval of 25, so 729 becomes 750 or 934 becomes 950, etc. I think the “rounder” numbers look nicer and also there will inevitably be a retailer who ordered 40 copies but meant 50, etc. I’d rather have a few extras than know a collector was told their order had to be canceled and now they don’t get the book.

I keep meaning to write up a blog post about this topic, so I have something to point toward on future projects for easy reference, but it keeps going on the back burner as we adjust to the kids’ schooling moving online, etc, etc.

By the way, I just realized this ruins a lot of people’s guesses... so I’m modifying the contest. If your guess lands within 25 copies of the print run without going over, you get an ARC. So a guess of 826 or 839 or 850 all win on a print run of 850, etc. Sound okay?

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                      I will round up to the nearest interval of 25, so 729 becomes 750 or 934 becomes 950, etc. I think the “rounder” numbers look nicer and also there will inevitably be a retailer who ordered 40 copies but meant 50, etc. I’d rather have a few extras than know a collector was told their order had to be canceled and now they don’t get the book.

I keep meaning to write up a blog post about this topic, so I have something to point toward on future projects for easy reference, but it keeps going on the back burner as we adjust to the kids’ schooling moving online, etc, etc.

By the way, I just realized this ruins a lot of people’s guesses... so I’m modifying the contest. If your guess lands within 25 copies of the print run without going over, you get an ARC. So a guess of 826 or 839 or 850 win on a print run of 850, etc. Sound okay?

Brian
                      Sounds very fair. No matter what, thank you for doing the contest.

Mulleins
                      I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

825 is my guess

Comment

My guess is 950.

Comment

I'll change mine to a $1, hoping you all over bid

Comment

I'll change mine to a $1, hoping you all over bid
                              So based on Brian's rules "If your guess lands within 25 copies of the print run without going over, you get an ARC.", you are guessing he will sell no more than 26 copies?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                So based on Brian's rules "If your guess lands within 25 copies of the print run without going over, you get an ARC.", you are guessing he will sell no more than 26 copies?
                                Every guess would have to go over I guess in order for it to work. My head hurts now.

Comment

Working...
                                X