No announcement yet.

Lividian Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received my 20th Century Ghosts today and it really is a great edition. I think I like it better than REVIVAL. I'm looking forward to revisiting the collection. I remember reading it years back and unlike most, I found it to be "okay". I thought--and do still think--that the title story is phenomenal but I wasn't blown away by the rest of it. Mind you, I didn't think it was bad. Maybe it was just all the hype. So now, I'm looking forward to settling down with it again and seeing how I feel. Now, Heart Shaped Box blew my socks off...

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Well the Chapbook Brian mailed back on December 5th has finally left the post office in PA.

Label Created 12/05 Mechanicsburg, PA
      Accepted 01/15 Mechanicsburg, PA
      Arrived 01/15 Jersey CIty, NJ
      Expected Delivery 01/23
      Nice. I'll have to check to see if mine was scanned along with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        I received my 20th Century Ghosts today and it really is a great edition. I think I like it better than REVIVAL. I'm looking forward to revisiting the collection. I remember reading it years back and unlike most, I found it to be "okay". I thought--and do still think--that the title story is phenomenal but I wasn't blown away by the rest of it. Mind you, I didn't think it was bad. Maybe it was just all the hype. So now, I'm looking forward to settling down with it again and seeing how I feel. Now, Heart Shaped Box blew my socks off...
        Being the Hill fan that I am; I didn't care too much for 20th CG. I didn't care for Revival either, but Brian's productions of both are outstanding. The Revival Lettered is a point of pride next to my Lettered Suntup Horns. 20th CG will be as well.

I can't remember if it was mentioned here, but someone suggested Duma Key. I'd love to have a limited of that!
        Last edited by Brian861; 01-15-2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          I definitely liked 20th Century Ghosts better the second time I read it, though for the life of me I still can't understand the fascination with 'Pop Art'?!

Will probably give it a third reading sometime this year, especially if Hill doesn't publish any new fiction.

B

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Being the Hill fan that I am; I didn't care too much for 20th CG. I didn't care for Revival either, but Brian's productions of both are outstanding. The Revival Lettered is a point of pride next to my Lettered Suntup Horns. 20th CG will be as well.

I can't remember if it was mentioned here, but someone suggested Duma Key. I'd love to have a limited of that!
            I absolutely love the stories in 20th Century Ghosts!

Comment

On a related note, I just checked my copy of 20th CENTURY GHOST, the PS Pub. S/L HC, and it's number 119, and that rang a bit of a bell...can someone remind me what the deal was r.e. numbers 1 to 200, and numbers 210 to ?? Do I recall correctly that the 1 - 200 limitations are preferred and have greater aftermarket value? If so, can someone remind me why? Were the 201+ copies effectively 2nd printings or...?
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

#1-#200 were slipcased and also signed by Christopher Golden. #201-#500 were not slipcased and only signed by Joe. Both published on the same date so the later numbers aren't 2nd printings. The rarest are the 20 copies sold at the Britisch Fantasy Con. Numbered with the prefix F'con.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  On a related note, I just checked my copy of 20th CENTURY GHOST, the PS Pub. S/L HC, and it's number 119, and that rang a bit of a bell...can someone remind me what the deal was r.e. numbers 1 to 200, and numbers 210 to ?? Do I recall correctly that the 1 - 200 limitations are preferred and have greater aftermarket value? If so, can someone remind me why? Were the 201+ copies effectively 2nd printings or...?
                  I could be wrong but I thought the first 200 added a few stories, a slipcase and a signature form the Christopher Golden that were not included in the rest.

Comment

Nice. I'll have to check to see if mine was scanned along with yours.
                    Nope. Still in a van, down by the river I guess

Comment

Nope. Still in a van, down by the river I guess
                      Hopefully yours will not be far behind.

Comment

If anyone is looking to buy 20th Century Ghosts Lividian has them available. 20th Century Ghosts (Limited Edition) – Lividian Publications

Comment

#1-#200 were slipcased and also signed by Christopher Golden. #201-#500 were not slipcased and only signed by Joe. Both published on the same date so the later numbers aren't 2nd printings. The rarest are the 20 copies sold at the Britisch Fantasy Con. Numbered with the prefix F'con.

Oddly, mine is numbered 119, but is neither slipcased nor signed by Golden (just Hill).
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Mine was updated to deliver today. Woot!

I have seen this message before and it is 50/50 that it will actually show up today. However it will either be today or Monday!
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Hot damn. Received my copy today. No red box but that is okay. Not really sure what that was about but I'm assuming something to do with Patreon (sp?)? Maybe someone can fill me in.

I am not just blowing smoke when I say this is one of the nicest looking books I own.

There is a timeless look to the book cover itself and then I opened it up and was struck by the quality of the book. The weight, binding, and paper are all just very pleasing and give an attitude of quality workmanship. Then the little touches such as the border around the pages elevates it a little more when coupled with the artwork.

I am really pleased with this purchase.

Thank you, Brian.Very well done.

-Tim

edit: This guy has poor grammar.
                              Last edited by Ben Staad; 01-16-2021, 04:56 PM.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                Hot damn. Received my copy today. No red box but that is okay. Not really sure what that was about but I'm assuming something to do with Patreon (sp?)? Maybe someone can fill me in.

I am not just blowing smoke when I say this is one of the nicest looking books I own.

There is a timeless look to the book cover itself and then I opened it up and was struck by the quality of the book. The weight, binding, and paper are all just very pleasing and give an attitude of quality workmanship. Then the little touches such as the border around the pages elevates it a little more when coupled with the artwork.

I am really pleased with this purchase.

Thank you, Brian.Very well done.

-Tim

edit: This guy has poor grammar.
                                I'm thinking the red box was for Patreon supporters on the level to receive the limiteds.

Comment

Working...
                                X