X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

Ah. Didn't know that. Got it. Well, your baby seems to be off to a great start, then!
    Thanks! It's a chance to just do whatever I want, so that's been fun!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

LRB is owed by Rich, I’m just the publisher. LetterPress Publications is all mine.

Brian
    Ah. Didn't know that. Got it. Well, your baby seems to be off to a great start, then!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post
    Brian, something very obvious, which hadn't occurred to my distracted brain until this moment is: with the advent of Letterpress Publications- what does that mean for Lonely Road Press? And, if the latter isn't defunct- why start a whole other boutique press?
    LRB is owed by Rich, I’m just the publisher. LetterPress Publications is all mine.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Brian, something very obvious, which hadn't occurred to my distracted brain until this moment is: with the advent of Letterpress Publications- what does that mean for Lonely Road Press? And, if the latter isn't defunct- why start a whole other boutique press?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    For those who are interested in Dracula: The Transylvania Edition from Amaranthine Books, I have some extra copies now available on a first come, first served basis:

https://letterpresspublications.com/...vania-edition/

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I agree with you. It is a tough business risk in this economy. Hard to know what the right move would be. I applaud Brian for taking a leap.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    I suspect a factor in that was that you weren't required to pay upfront. With the way things are looking, I suspect a larger percentage of customers than is typical are not going to be able to pay when the time comes.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Well, I was WAY off with my guess. Shows how much I know. Kinda shocked at the number, though. If it had hit a thousand, I wouldn't have been surprised, but to hit 1,750 copies for a book with a $125 price tag caught me by surprise. I'm very happy for Brian as this is a HUGE win for his press.
    I suspect a factor in that was that you weren't required to pay upfront. With the way things are looking, I suspect a larger percentage of customers than is typical are not going to be able to pay when the time comes.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Well, I was WAY off with my guess. Shows how much I know. Kinda shocked at the number, though. If it had hit a thousand, I wouldn't have been surprised, but to hit 1,750 copies for a book with a $125 price tag caught me by surprise. I'm very happy for Brian as this is a HUGE win for his press.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I am very happy for Brian and his endeavors but I must say that I'm surprised a Joe Hill book sold more copies than a Stephen King.

In related news, a forthcoming REVIVAL movie was announced today.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/s...ie-1234602287/
    I think Brian knocked it out of the park with his first endeavor and Revival isn't a real popular King novel IMO. So folks didn't hesitate to jump on this one and Hill is pretty popular despite all the crap he gets about signing everything. That being said, the final total was double my guess. I low-balled it due to a limited having been done before, but apparently folks were hungry for a US limited. I can't wait to see how bad ass the Lettered is going to be!

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    I think there'll be 1750 copies. And I think you'll announce the print run at 2:20pm EST on Friday, May 8th.
    Goddamn, I'm good!

Congrats on that print run, Brian!!

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    I am very happy for Brian and his endeavors but I must say that I'm surprised a Joe Hill book sold more copies than a Stephen King.

In related news, a forthcoming REVIVAL movie was announced today.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/s...ie-1234602287/

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    I guessed high, but not high enough. I was 305 short. I did really not expect the total would be so high. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    My mistake. I skimmed the posts and missed those.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    Me and TacomaDiver were both off by 250. No one even got close. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Looks like no one won. If my review of the posts were correct Bookworm 1 was the closest without going over and he was still 300 short. Congratulations Brian! Looking forward to seeing this one and anticipating Heart Shaped Box!
    saginawhorror guessed 1500 so I think he is the closest? Unless I missed something which is entirely possible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X