X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by joejets View Post
    I have River City limited and lettered editions of "Speaks" - identical books, just a letter instead of a number.Â
    Really? Was the lettered like a PC thing like PS Publishing's lifetime subscriber "lettered editions"? Hopefully there wasn't a price difference between the numbered and lettered, because I'd be pretty ticked about paying extra for that.

Leave a comment:

• goathunter
    replied
    I have River City limited and lettered editions of "Speaks" - identical books, just a letter instead of a number.Â
    That's because there was no lettered edition. A few years ago, presumably somebody at River City decided to use letters on the remaining (?) stock, probably to try to justify asking higher prices. But there was no lettered state when the limited was produced.

When Camelot Books had this magical stock of "lettered" editions a few years ago, I stated then that they weren't really lettered books, but people ignored what I had to say---and some argued with me---and bought the books at elevated prices anyway. But here's the thing: I was involved with River City during that whole process. They had never done a limited edition before. They didn't even know what a limited edition typically looked like until i explained it to them. They knew nothing about lettered editions, and when they produced the limited, they were just numbered. How many they actually produced is a mystery. They initially wanted to do 5000 copies. I told them they were nuts. I suggested a limitation of 300 to 500. I don't know how many they actually did, but I believe it was around 500. But they never publicly revealed the limitation, so my guess is just a guess based on my conversations and recommendations with them at the time.
    Last edited by goathunter; 04-04-2023, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    I have River City limited and lettered editions of "Speaks" - identical books, just a letter instead of a number. 

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

You are not wrong, River City still owns the rights to Speaks The Nightbird. It's a complicated mess. There have been efforts to try and secure the rights but River City has been unresponsive. It is unclear if they even still exist.
    Makes me a bit sad, but thanks for that info!  Hopefully, it will get straightened out in the future because Speaks the Nightbird truly deserves something better!

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    I'm speaking completely from ignorance here, but I think there may be a rights issue with Speaks the Nightbird which may be why it hasn't been done again. Hope I'm wrong on that!
    You are not wrong, River City still owns the rights to Speaks The Nightbird. It's a complicated mess. There have been efforts to try and secure the rights but River City has been unresponsive. It is unclear if they even still exist.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Now only Mystery Walk and Mine remain to get the limited treatment, hopefully from Lividian. Also would eventually like a better limited for Speaks the Nightbird, a nice Lividian limited and lettered. That crappy River City limited does not fit with all the other limited Corbett books.
    Â
    Yeah, I'd kill for a new LE of Speaks the Nightbird. Have LE's of all the other Corbett books; however, I just can't bring myself to spend the money on an inferior River City edition that was pretty much falling apart at publication. I'm speaking completely from ignorance here, but I think there may be a rights issue with Speaks the Nightbird which may be why it hasn't been done again. Hope I'm wrong on that!

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied
    Now only Mystery Walk and Mine remain to get the limited treatment, hopefully from Lividian. Also would eventually like a better limited for Speaks the Nightbird, a nice Lividian limited and lettered. That crappy River City limited does not fit with all the other limited Corbett books.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

The official annoucement of the book is coming in May, but since ARCs have been sent out there was a pre-announcement posted on Robert McCammon's website and on Facebook.

https://www.robertmccammon.com/2023/...from-lividian/
    I am over the moon about this announcement.  I have wanted a limited of Gone South forever, and to know that Lividian is the one doing it has me ecstatic!

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am not sure if it is the post office that Lividian is shipping from or something else but I continue to receive media mail shipments from Lividian very quickly. Had a shipment from Suntup and Lividian reach the post office on the same day, March 28th. The Lividian shipment had to go cross country and was shipped media mail. The Suntup book had to travel up the west coast and was shipped priority. Both arrived today! I will not say the title of the Lividian book I received today as I do not think it is announced yet, but it is a beautiful book!
    I have had the same experience with Media Mail shipments from Lividian recently. I am amazed at how quickly they arrive.

The official annoucement of the book is coming in May, but since ARCs have been sent out there was a pre-announcement posted on Robert McCammon's website and on Facebook.

https://www.robertmccammon.com/2023/...from-lividian/

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I am not sure if it is the post office that Lividian is shipping from or something else but I continue to receive media mail shipments from Lividian very quickly. Had a shipment from Suntup and Lividian reach the post office on the same day, March 28th. The Lividian shipment had to go cross country and was shipped media mail. The Suntup book had to travel up the west coast and was shipped priority. Both arrived today! I will not say the title of the Lividian book I received today as I do not think it is announced yet, but it is a beautiful book!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    My Fairy Tale slipcase arrived yesterday, and it is beautiful.  I can't find the actual book that goes with it (it's in the library somewhere . . .) but I'm sure it'll look great.

The only knock I have is that I can't afford to spend $60+ on a slipcase every time. It's going to get expensive FAST.  But saying that, the one from Lividian is worth every dollar it cost.  It's a stunning production.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my Fairy Tale slipcase. It's awesome! More than I was hoping for really. As previously stated, it fits the Simon & Schuster special edition perfectly. So happy Lividian decided to make this slipcase as I still feel a bit tricked by Simon & Schuster for not including a slipcase with their special edition. I know I'll never fall for "printed case" in a description again. Thanks again Lividian!!!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Very glad I picked up Lividian's edition of THE STORE. I already had a signed UK 1st HC of it, so had skipped it for a while, but was finally lured by a sweet deal. I should've known better than to hesitate...Lividian's production is really top-notch. A few pics here:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...831674375?s=20

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    That sounds like it's going to be a gorgeous chapbook!!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    The new chapbook for Patreon supporters on the $5 tier and higher will begin shipping in a few weeks (you can still join today and qualify!), and I'm pleased to report this one represents the next evolution of our Patreon chapbook program.

The envelopes that "house" the chapbook will now feature custom artwork printed in silver metallic ink. This is the same style of art as our designer would create for the foil stamping for a Limited Edition book: IMG_4206-1024x768.jpg

The "Doing Dirty Work" chapbook will be perfect bound (not stapled), printed in full color throughout, and features terrific original color cover AND color interior artwork by François Vaillancourt. I'll show off more of that art on my Patreon in the coming weeks.

More news soon!

Brian

Leave a comment:

Working...
X