Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just grabbed the AGE of The Godfather. Very excited as I have never read this novel but have always had it in mind to eventually get-to. Looks like it is already under 500 copies. Anyone else pick this up?
    I skipped it. I must say this was one of the rare books where I preferred the movie.

Comment

Looks like the rumors were true and the AGE for Hex will be signed! Very excited by that and to hear that it will be shipping soon! Have no idea what tomorrow's book will be but it sounds super lavish.

Comment

Looks like the rumors were true and the AGE for Hex will be signed! Very excited by that and to hear that it will be shipping soon! Have no idea what tomorrow's book will be but it sounds super lavish.
        Yes, the signed Hex is nice, and Paul said it should ship within the next 30 days.

Tomorrow's book is an Edgar Allan Poe collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Yes, the signed Hex is nice, and Paul said it should ship within the next 30 days.

Tomorrow's book is an Edgar Allan Poe collection.
          An Edgar Allan Poe collection makes sense. Wonder how well it will sell considering all of the other Poe editions out there. I'm guessing that may be why Paul is making his edition so lavish. That being said, I have the Centipede Press Library of Weid Tales Poe Edition; so, I can't imagine that I will be picking-up the Suntup unless the production design truly blows me away and the price isn't on the high end for a Suntup AGE.

Comment

An Edgar Allan Poe collection makes sense. Wonder how well it will sell considering all of the other Poe editions out there. I'm guessing that may be why Paul is making his edition so lavish. That being said, I have the Centipede Press Library of Weid Tales Poe Edition; so, I can't imagine that I will be picking-up the Suntup unless the production design truly blows me away and the price isn't on the high end for a Suntup AGE.
            I'm pretty sure I'll pass on this one.

Comment

The Poe collection from Suntup is officially announced/available! It's a pass for me. Just can't justify it with the Centipede version already on my shelf. That being said, those interior illustrations are gorgeous!

Comment

The Poe collection from Suntup is officially announced/available! It's a pass for me. Just can't justify it with the Centipede version already on my shelf. That being said, those interior illustrations are gorgeous!
                I'm with you on this one. It's pretty but not for me. Weirdly, when I was looking at the AE, my first thought was that I wouldn't pay that much for a volume of Poe's work. I then had to remind myself that I paid for than that on the aftermarket for the Centipede Press Library of Weird Fiction volume that sits on my shelf. And, no doubt that the Suntup AE will be nicer than Centipede's LoWF volume, considering that Suntup's is triple the price of Centipede's. In light of this, I have to accept that I paid the amount I did for the Centipede volume, not because I'm a love of Poe, but because I wanted that complete set on my shelf. Oh, what we do as collectors...

I'm kinda surprised that "The Tell-Tale Heart" sold out. It looked interesting until I saw that (a) it was softcover and (b) that it was $125. I know that the materials used are top notch, but, man, I cannot see myself dropping that much money on short story.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I'm with you on this one. It's pretty but not for me. Weirdly, when I was looking at the AE, my first thought was that I wouldn't pay that much for a volume of Poe's work. I then had to remind myself that I paid for than that on the aftermarket for the Centipede Press Library of Weird Fiction volume that sits on my shelf. And, no doubt that the Suntup AE will be nicer than Centipede's LoWF volume, considering that Suntup's is triple the price of Centipede's. In light of this, I have to accept that I paid the amount I did for the Centipede volume, not because I'm a love of Poe, but because I wanted that complete set on my shelf. Oh, what we do as collectors...

I'm kinda surprised that "The Tell-Tale Heart" sold out. It looked interesting until I saw that (a) it was softcover and (b) that it was $125. I know that the materials used are top notch, but, man, I cannot see myself dropping that much money on short story.
                  Yeah, I got to be honest, this one is selling way better than I would have guessed. Only 300 copies left at this point. I also find it a bit mind blowing that the short story and photograph both sold out, especially at those prices. Much like yourself, I can't imagine ever spending that much money for a softcover chapbook of a short story. Of course, in all fairness, I've never been high on chapbooks or softcovers. Just too hard to keep in good condition and almost impossible to easily display.

Comment

Yeah, I got to be honest, this one is selling way better than I would have guessed. Only 300 copies left at this point. I also find it a bit mind blowing that the short story and photograph both sold out, especially at those prices. Much like yourself, I can't imagine ever spending that much money for a softcover chapbook of a short story. Of course, in all fairness, I've never been high on chapbooks or softcovers. Just too hard to keep in good condition and almost impossible to easily display.
                    Yes, the ability to keep them in good condition and inability to properly display directly plays into my thought process for chapbooks as well. The offering would have been more enticing if it had been a hardcover of the short story.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      I succumbed to FOMO...

​​​​​

Comment

Excited to hear that next quarter's books will all be horror. Can't wait to see what guesses start being made!

Comment

My guesses:

Legion, William Peter Blatty
                          Amityville Horror, Jay Anson
                          Psycho, Robert Bloch

Comment

Amityville is the only one I'm sure of. I still have my old paperback copy up in the attic.

That movie was playing nonstop on HBO when I first visited the US in the summer of '85.
                            I was sleeping in the basement with my cousin, who worked a late shift. Every night he'd come home and fall asleep with the TV on, and I'd wake up up to either spooky Amityville music or Born in the USA, if he had left it on MTV.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post
                              My guesses:

Legion, William Peter Blatty
                              Amityville Horror, Jay Anson
                              Psycho, Robert Bloch
                              Very solid guesses, ones that fit the descriptions perfectly. I can’t think of anything more apt.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Just received my AGE for Hannibal Rising. Looks phenomenal. Really enjoy how the artwork fits together with these volumes and am very happy to finally have my Suntup AGE Lecter set complete!

Comment

Working...
                                X