Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    To get ready for this weeks 'The Collector' announcement I watched the movie again. I am also heading to the beach this weekend and may be listening to the audiobook during the drive.
    How is the movie? Never saw it, and don't know anything about it, really. And, more importantly- I need to read this book!

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post

How is the movie? Never saw it, and don't know anything about it, really. And, more importantly- I need to read this book!
      The movie is really good and stays true to the story. I would suggest you read the book first though.

Comment

Order Placed!

Comment

I have the signed (by Fowles) Franklin Library edition, so will pass on this very attractive offering, but I'm glad to see this fantastic novel reaching a new audience. And, man, that lettered edition with its entomological viewing case is really something else.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Order placed as well! I have long wanted a nice copy of this book for my collection and now I will have one. I only wish that I could afford the lettered edition because that viewing case is stunning!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              I have the signed (by Fowles) Franklin Library edition, so will pass on this very attractive offering, but I'm glad to see this fantastic novel reaching a new audience. And, man, that lettered edition with its entomological viewing case is really something else.
              I have the signed Franklin edition thanks to you. I passed on the Centipede edition but I am happy to be able to add the Suntup release to my collection. I, like you, really like getting more eyes on this novel. It is an incredibly well told story.

Comment

I am also please with the fact that the clues Paul put out made sense to me. In all other cases I have reacted with puzzlement when the clues were released. With this book I immediately though of 'The Collector' and am very glad I was right!

Comment

Congrats to all who purchased a copy of The Collector. Looks very nice.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Doesn't look like the AGE for this one is going to sell-out same day, which surprises me a bit. I thought that The Collector would sell out quickly considering that it is, IMO, a legacy horror title and that it has seeped into the mainstream a bit between the movie and other media tie-ins and influences. Then again, I thought that Replay would sell out almost instantaneously and you can still purchase that one over four months later so I'm probably a poor judge of these things.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                      Doesn't look like the AGE for this one is going to sell-out same day, which surprises me a bit. I thought that The Collector would sell out quickly considering that it is, IMO, a legacy horror title and that it has seeped into the mainstream a bit between the movie and other media tie-ins and influences. Then again, I thought that Replay would sell out almost instantaneously and you can still purchase that one over four months later so I'm probably a poor judge of these things.
                      I actually did not expect a quick sellout on this one. I think most of the people who have read it recognize it as a parent to such classics as 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'Misery'. I also think most fans of those books would not even give this a second look as it does not really fit the mold it helped create. I personally do not think of this as a horror story, it is more of a thriller to me. One of the reasons I am so thrilled that Suntup is publishing this is because there are people who read books that they normally would not if Paul releases it. I also believe many of those people will end up singing its praises thus helping spread the word about this fantastic story.

Comment

Not sure if all of you are signed up for the Suntup emails, but, it looks like there will no longer be an 11/04 book announcement/pre-order, see below. Bummer to hear, but my wallet sure appreciates it!

As you may already know, we had two books scheduled to be announced in November 2021. We have decided to postpone the first of the two November book announcements due to some production delays we are experiencing on that title. This book is not as far along as I would like, and I would prefer to wait until it is further along before announcing it.

Therefore, our next book announcement will take place on Thursday, November 18th at 9 a.m. PT. Please note that the Numbered edition of this book is a 250 print run. Owners of The Collector with a designation of 1-250 will be placed on a Matching Pre-Order list with an opportunity to pre-order the book before it goes on sale to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                          Not sure if all of you are signed up for the Suntup emails, but, it looks like there will no longer be an 11/04 book announcement/pre-order, see below. Bummer to hear, but my wallet sure appreciates it!

As you may already know, we had two books scheduled to be announced in November 2021. We have decided to postpone the first of the two November book announcements due to some production delays we are experiencing on that title. This book is not as far along as I would like, and I would prefer to wait until it is further along before announcing it.

Therefore, our next book announcement will take place on Thursday, November 18th at 9 a.m. PT. Please note that the Numbered edition of this book is a 250 print run. Owners of The Collector with a designation of 1-250 will be placed on a Matching Pre-Order list with an opportunity to pre-order the book before it goes on sale to the public.
                          Saw the email. Had to look back in this thread to see which one is being delayed.

Comment

For anyone here that is not a subscriber to Jeff Terry's Youtube channel I thought I would mention it. He has some interesting content including interviews related to Suntup releases. For 'The Collector' he was able to interview Bradford Morrow who writes the new introduction for the Suntup edition. I found the interview very interesting and getting to see the author copy of the book was a great bonus. It did prompt me to look up the definition of gothic literature. Mr. Morrow described 'The Collector' as gothic and I had never thought of it as that. Turns out he was correct.

Anyway, I recommend checking it out: GET OVER YOURSHELF EPISODE 5: Interview with Bradford Morrow about John Fowles's The Collector. - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              For anyone here that is not a subscriber to Jeff Terry's Youtube channel I thought I would mention it. He has some interesting content including interviews related to Suntup releases. For 'The Collector' he was able to interview Bradford Morrow who writes the new introduction for the Suntup edition. I found the interview very interesting and getting to see the author copy of the book was a great bonus. It did prompt me to look up the definition of gothic literature. Mr. Morrow described 'The Collector' as gothic and I had never thought of it as that. Turns out he was correct.

Anyway, I recommend checking it out: GET OVER YOURSHELF EPISODE 5: Interview with Bradford Morrow about John Fowles's The Collector. - YouTube
                              Thank you Martin! My interviews aren't my most viewed videos, but they're the ones I love the most and this one is no exception. Really deepened my appreciation for a book I already loved.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Thank you Martin! My interviews aren't my most viewed videos, but they're the ones I love the most and this one is no exception. Really deepened my appreciation for a book I already loved.
                                I saw your big giveaway video after I posted this link. Pretty cool stuff. So basically if you add about 200 subscribers before the next Suntup announcement someone will be gifted a Signed copy of 'The Collector' with rights to future Suntup limited editions. Nice giveaway to be followed by a signed King book. Anyone on here who is not subscribed may want to join the fun! SUNTUP NUMBERED EDITION GIVEAWAY! - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X