No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Weather already had 4 novellas, so that seems unlikely. I would like to see that 1000 page epic fantasy be Barker's Imagica. The Last Illusion qualifies as a novella
    , but can't think of 2 more.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
      A lot of folks are speculating Joe Hill for the May release, but I really hope it isn't. Given that it's a collection of 4 novellas, that would indicate Strange Weather. So if Suntup were doing Strange Weather, it'd really be an insult to Cemetery Dance.

What's interesting to me is that the author of the May title is signing all of the editions, but there is no mention of an artist. I take this to mean that the is either no artist or that the author IS the artist.

Has Clive Barker done four novellas? I can only think of The Hellbound Heart...
      Since Strange Weather contains four novellas and this one is identified as three previously published novellas and one new one I expect it is not Strange Weather. I do not believe the book of Novellas is by Mr. Hill. I think Barker, assuming he has three previously published novellas, is a possibility as there is no mention of a artist signature and Barker could be the artist.

Comment

I think it could be Barker. My guess is the 1000+ page book is his as well.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Since Strange Weather contains four novellas and this one is identified as three previously published novellas and one new one I expect it is not Strange Weather. I do not believe the book of Novellas is by Mr. Hill. I think Barker, assuming he has three previously published novellas, is a possibility as there is no mention of a artist signature and Barker could be the artist.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

One has sold for over $1,600 and the other two both have bids, so it appears they will sell at that level. None are being sold with rights as they will be sent to the buyer on release. It is possible a person could get a higher price were they to include rights transfer.
          Saw one on the FB group with rights for $2000.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post

Does anyone get the feeling that we've seen the Suntup "Peak", with Blood Meridian being the tipping point? I mean, why isn't this book selling for $2600, just following the basic math of the crazy prices of the last year. Didn't Silence of the Lambs sell for $2300 or some insane price right after sellout? Just wondering.
            I can't speak to that but I like the few titles that I've picked up from. I haven't sprung for any of the high end editions, so I've been happy with what I've paid for some really nice books.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I can't speak to that but I like the few titles that I've picked up from. I haven't sprung for any of the high end editions, so I've been happy with what I've paid for some really nice books.
              I feel the same way. I will probably never be able to afford more than the gift editions, and even with those I am choosy; however, I have absolutely loved every gift edition that I have purchased from Suntup and plan to purchase more should the tittles interest me.

Comment

Since I never heard of anything, I doubt I won. Oh well, can't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I feel the same way. I will probably never be able to afford more than the gift editions, and even with those I am choosy; however, I have absolutely loved every gift edition that I have purchased from Suntup and plan to purchase more should the tittles interest me.
                  Apologies- by "Peak", I meant insane aftermarket prices, not quality of the books- which have been uniformly excellent, and I expect that to continue. I've just been wondering if the influx of newer "collectors" that have been driving the market this past year may be mellowing out a little.

Comment

Wow the post office got the Heinlein set to me a day early this time. So excited.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post

Apologies- by "Peak", I meant insane aftermarket prices, not quality of the books- which have been uniformly excellent, and I expect that to continue. I've just been wondering if the influx of newer "collectors" that have been driving the market this past year may be mellowing out a little.
                      Yeah. With multiple releases each month, more artist editions, and an eye toward increased print runs, the secondary will mellow in my opinion. Some titles will still skyrocket. But I doubt the rights system will be as ironclad. We saw a bunch of people react after the price point of Blood Meridian followed closely by the announcement that 5 books would be up for sale in the next 3 months. Sure a lot of people will pick up those rights but I’m not sure they’ll be as steadfast in keeping them. We’ll see.

Comment

DRP has 5 sets of artist editions of Heinlein up for $355. If anyone is interested

Comment

Received the Heinlein limited set today. They are fantastic. The numbers are written in. Not sure if Seed was a one off or if it is just a timing thing.

Comment

Any guess as to what tomorrow's book may be? Wondering what the forum thinks as I'm drawing a blank after watching the facebook teaser today.

"This is a classic work of literature that has been frequently requested by our customers. After receiving repeated requests for it, we decided to make it happen!"

Comment

No idea either. Looking forward to seeing the production.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I had been thinking The Island of Doctor Moreau prior to today's video, but now I'm thinking this isn't the case. I'm thinking that guesses for Frankenstein or Lord of the Flies may be more accurate. And I really hope that it ISN'T Frankenstein. I love that novel, but I don't need any more editions...

Comment

Working...
                                X