No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excited that Paul is doing a gift edition of the new book. If it’s 1984 though I will be skipping it. Never was a fan of it. I know that’s probably blasphemous but I just couldn’t get into it. I do love Animal Farm though

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      Excited that Paul is doing a gift edition of the new book. If it’s 1984 though I will be skipping it. Never was a fan of it. I know that’s probably blasphemous but I just couldn’t get into it. I do love Animal Farm though
      I thought this one was Limited and Lettered only?

Comment

I like to take the dust jacket of a book as I read it to avoid damage especially with the AGE of I Am Legend. So I finished the book today and noticed some cat/dog fur on the book. Thinking nothing of it, I rolled a lint roller on it to get the fur off and all was well. Until I went over the black ink where the title is printed. The lint roller took the black ink right off, ugh. Luckily the dust jacket is beautiful and I won't need to look at it, but I'll avoid lint rolling my books in the future lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I thought this one was Limited and Lettered only?
          He said in his live FB feed today that he decided to add a Gift Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead View Post
            I like to take the dust jacket of a book as I read it to avoid damage especially with the AGE of I Am Legend. So I finished the book today and noticed some cat/dog fur on the book. Thinking nothing of it, I rolled a lint roller on it to get the fur off and all was well. Until I went over the black ink where the title is printed. The lint roller took the black ink right off, ugh. Luckily the dust jacket is beautiful and I won't need to look at it, but I'll avoid lint rolling my books in the future lol.
            Brodart is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

He said in his live FB feed today that he decided to add a Gift Edition.
              Thanks, I am allergic to Facebook so I missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Easy pass as well as it's most definitely 1984. I'll pick up an AGE as they are the best bang for the buck.

Comment

It’s a pass for me. Sometimes I get as excited about publishers coming out with books I DON’T want as books that I DO, as it means my wallet can relax.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have read 1984 many times and don't understand how you could interpret that from the teaser. Maybe I'm dense, not in the know, or otherwise deficient.

Not trying to be a jerk but I just don't see it.

If it is 1984 I may be interested but, as I stated elsewhere, I wasn't blown away, by my IAL.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Easy pass as well as it's most definitely 1984. I'll pick up an AGE as they are the best bang for the buck.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      I have read 1984 many times and don't understand how you could interpret that from the teaser. Maybe I'm dense, not in the know, or otherwise deficient.

Not trying to be a jerk but I just don't see it.

If it is 1984 I may be interested but, as I stated elsewhere, I wasn't blown away, by my IAL.

One of the most memorable things from 1984 is how "Big Brother is always watching", which is what is represented from the teaser.

However, it also helps to remember Paul's previous hints about the book. He said the novel is 70 years old and is a dystopian masterpiece that is still relevant today. 1984 also fits both of those conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

One of the most memorable things from 1984 is how "Big Brother is always watching", which is what is represented from the teaser.

However, it also helps to remember Paul's previous hints about the book. He said the novel is 70 years old and is a dystopian masterpiece that is still relevant today. 1984 also fits both of those conditions.
                        This and Paul flat out shoots down wrong guesses. He hasn't said a peep about the speculation surrounding this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          It’s a pass for me. Sometimes I get as excited about publishers coming out with books I DON’T want as books that I DO, as it means my wallet can relax.
                          Me too, Ron. Especially when it comes to Suntup because those puppies aren't gonna be cheap. I'll always be down for the AGE's whether I like the book or not though. Just that crazy collector thing.

Speculation that Hill could be a signer on this one but the asking price will be a factor for me this time. My collecting ways are in Covid mode.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                            No one may have noticed, but Ron's post where he passes on 1984 was actually his 1985th post! Just seems fitting...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Me too, Ron. Especially when it comes to Suntup because those puppies aren't gonna be cheap. I'll always be down for the AGE's whether I like the book or not though. Just that crazy collector thing.

Speculation that Hill could be a signer on this one but the asking price will be a factor for me this time. My collecting ways are in Covid mode.
                              It's probably Hill, but I'm still holding out a little hope that it's Stephen King.

Paul's clarification that "if King were to sign a non-King book the rights would follow the non-King series" seemed a little too coy...

And he said that he'd been working on this one for over a year. Maybe he had managed to convince King to do it over that time?

I won't be disappointed either way, but it would be way too cool if it was King.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

No one may have noticed, but Ron's post where he passes on 1984 was actually his 1985th post! Just seems fitting...
                                Nice lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X