Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this weekend's email with pictures of Brother. I can't believe how beautiful this book looks. As for the announcement for this weekend....I have no idea what anyone is talking about and am waiting till Saturday for the public announcement to see what this talk is all about
    The books look beautiful. I am really looking forward to having that one. You are not alone in the wait.

Comment

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this weekend's email with pictures of Brother. I can't believe how beautiful this book looks. As for the announcement for this weekend....I have no idea what anyone is talking about and am waiting till Saturday for the public announcement to see what this talk is all about
      I have the ARC and even without that stellar cover, the book looks gorgeous. I love the artist he selected. The intro is interesting too. I'd read it after you read the novel. It doesn't spoil anything but it will flavor how you envision one of the main characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        The books look beautiful. I am really looking forward to having that one. You are not alone in the wait.
        I'm with both of you. Very excited to see how this turns out. The pictures look great, but I'm tempering my expectations until I get it in my hands.

On another note, tomorrow is the day the rest of us find out what the next books are. I'm pretty interested to see what they wind up being...

Comment

Just watched the video teaser that Paul’s now released to the public. I see clocks — one at 2:45 — and outer space. I have no idea.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Just watched it and saw basically what you saw. I have no idea either.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Just watched the video teaser that Paul’s now released to the public. I see clocks — one at 2:45 — and outer space. I have no idea.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I have no clue either. I am hoping that it is something I can pass on as I do not want to spend right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I have no clue either. I am hoping that it is something I can pass on as I do not want to spend right now.
                Same. I have two rather large (for me) purchases coming up in the next month or so, so I really can't afford another one. Unless it's an absolute Must Have, I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one just enjoy the anticipation of my AGE of I AM LEGEND and the S/L of BROTHER.

Comment

I have no clue either. Maybe something to do with space and time???????

Comment

From the teaser video I’m thinking the book(s) won’t be on my wheelhouse. We shall see

Comment

No clue here either based on the teaser. I'm kinda hoping I can pass too as one never knows what Paul has around the corner and I'd hate for all my funds to be tied up. On that note however, I have this delusion where I score a Roman numeral copy
                      Last edited by Brian861; 11-09-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

3 minutes to go, and we'll all know. I'm guessing maybe Asimov, Connie Willis, or David Mitchell...but I suspect I'll come back here in a few minutes and have to edit this with a "Damn, not even close."

EDIT: Yep -- damn, not even close. Although I did think yesterday of Wells' TIME MACHINE, of course, with the video inclusion of the clock (suggesting time), but guess I just didn't think Paul was going to get into public domain material and, as well, I was erroneously thinking of a more closely-related trilogy than three standalone books. They look like they'll be lovely productions, but I do plan to pass on these. Congrats to those who spring for them.

EDIT II: That WATCH THE TIME MACHINE BEING PRINTED video was just a joy to behold. My budget may not allow for a good number of Suntup books, but when it does I know I'll be receiving something very special.
                        Last edited by RonClinton; 11-09-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Love to know what the group thinks of this selection.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                            Love to know what the group thinks of this selection.
                            You sounded unsure in your last post, Jeff...have you come to a final decision yet or still weighing it?

Comment

You sounded unsure in your last post, Jeff...have you come to a final decision yet or still weighing it?
                              I think I’m sitting this one out. Buying the set is an all or nothing type scenario. And I’m just not a sci-fi guy. Not at this level, anyway. I read and enjoyed The Time Machine but it’s just outside my flavor zone. I just coined that phrase. Pay me royalties if you want to use it.

Like I said before, I wouldn’t even consider this set from any other publisher.

Of course if there are still copies available in a week, I may break. But it’s probably best to let a real sci-fi/HG Wells fan have the chance for a gorgeous edition.

Comment

I'm passing on this set too. It's beautiful, but not a must-have for me.

I'd love to see Paul do Time and Again, by Jack Finney. That's probably my favorite time travel book.

Comment

Working...
                                X