Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Don't listen to the audiobook. The narrator is horrible.
    Thanks for the heads up. I actually listened to the preview and while he did not sound great, I didn't find him horrible. What about the narration do you dislike?

Comment

I have received my Artist Gift Edition of Horns and will be posting photos in my collectors thread. If you don't want to see it until you receive yours avoid my collection thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        With the comment you wrote following this one, I'm surprised you're torn. Seems like a must have to me. And it being the first limited and first hardcover of this book, it'll etch it's place in collector's history.
        The production quality and exotic materials aside, the price tag on it is high for a relatively unknown author of a generally obscure modern trade-paperback, so it did give me pause, regardless of how much I personally enjoyed it. I don’t give resale potential too much consideration in my purchasing decisions, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t at least a factor…if I just wanted the book, I already have the trade-paperback. I frankly don’t foresee this one retaining its value longterm, so I was torn on what I wanted and what I felt was a wise decision, both as a purchase and an investment.

But in the end the heart won out, and I went for a copy on their payment plan...the plan making it feel like, I suppose, like some sort of middle-ground, of inner compromise, of buying the book but without an unreasonable, ill-considered initial outlay.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          The production quality and exotic materials aside, the price tag on it is high for a relatively unknown author of a generally obscure modern trade-paperback, so it did give me pause, regardless of how much I personally enjoyed it. I don’t give resale potential too much consideration in my purchasing decisions, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t at least a factor…if I just wanted the book, I already have the trade-paperback. I frankly don’t foresee this one retaining its value longterm, so I was torn on what I wanted and what I felt was a wise decision, both as a purchase and an investment.

But in the end the heart won out, and I went for a copy on their payment plan...the plan making it feel like, I suppose, like some sort of middle-ground, of inner compromise, of buying the book but without an unreasonable, ill-considered initial outlay.
          I completely understand you hesitation. Mine comes from the fact I have spent or committed to spent a lot on books recently. I am still thinking about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Thanks for the heads up. I actually listened to the preview and while he did not sound great, I didn't find him horrible. What about the narration do you dislike?
            I don't care for his style of reading and it sounds like he pauses in the middle of sentences, causing unnecessary breaks. I wasted a credit on it so I'll probably finish it. I wouldn't read it otherwise.

Comment

I completely understand you hesitation. Mine comes from the fact I have spent or committed to spent a lot on books recently. I am still thinking about this one.
              Perhaps the payment plan is a solution for us both... ;-)

Comment

I don't care for his style of reading and it sounds like he pauses in the middle of sentences, causing unnecessary breaks. I wasted a credit on it so I'll probably finish it. I wouldn't read it otherwise.
                I think you can exchange it for another title. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Perhaps the payment plan is a solution for us both... ;-)
                  If I chose to buy it I will probably just bite the bullet. What is the charge for the payment plan?
                  Last edited by Martin; 08-12-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I think you can exchange it for another title. Thanks for the input.
                    Might end up doing that.

If I chose to but it I will probably just bite the bullet. What is the charge for the payment plan?
                    I believe it was around $30 for previous books. Not sure if it's based on the amount of purchase.

Comment

I believe it was around $30 for previous books. Not sure if it's based on the amount of purchase.
                      If I chose to but it I will probably just bite the bullet. What is the charge for the payment plan?
                      Per the site, four payments of $68.75

Comment

I'm kind of tempted for this, but I need to start being smarter about my purchases. And if I'm honest, the synopsis of this book freaks me out - I'm not sure I'll enjoy it or if it'll give me nightmares (which would be usual.)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                          Per the site, four payments of $68.75
                          The $30 I mention was the cost of the payment plan on top of the $68.75. Plus shipping and tax. Rough guess, you're probably looking more around $80 to $90 per month for the payment plan.

Comment

Passing, too much coming up from Centipede and others!

Comment

I don’t think it was a $30 fee for the plan, I seem to recall it being a flat 5%...I think. It was fairly nominal, but the shipping was around 35 bucks.

Comment

The $30 I mention was the cost of the payment plan on top of the $68.75. Plus shipping and tax. Rough guess, you're probably looking more around $80 to $90 per month for the payment plan.
                                Ahhhh . . . I misunderstood.

I don’t think it was a $30 fee for the plan, I seem to recall it being a flat 5%...I think. It was fairly nominal, but the shipping was around 35 bucks.
                                That sounds right. That's how I was actually able to get the Eyes of the Dragon art which allowed me to get Misery. Total unexpected bonus!

Comment

Working...
                                X