Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splync
    replied
    I have to pass as well, for now at least. I'd love to read the novel, but have overspent lately.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Pass for me too. Jerad has so many good books coming out next year that I'm holding off on anything that's not a must-have.

My daughter's in college now, and just informed me that she's planning on doing a 4+1 program to get her master's degree. Great, good idea (ka-ching!). It's going to feel like I hit the lottery once she's done

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    It's a pass for me unless it lasts until after the New Year. At that point, I might reconsider. Have my eye on some other book purchases over the next few weeks. The story does sound interesting; however, I've only read one or two other things by Ahlborn, and while they were good, neither blew me away to the point where I consider this a must have. All of this means that it will probably sell-out quickly!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Newest Suntup edition.

https://suntup.press/good-and-joyful-things/

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Looks like the Hell House AGE & LE sold out. Glad I grabbed a copy of the AGE at announcement!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

If I had to get into my head, I think I probably figured since I have the Gauntlet slipcased/signed/#d HC, I didn't need another edition, especially one that wasn't even signed by Matheson. For some reason, that rationale rings a bit of a bell, so that's likely correct. Thing is, I now realize that "need" and Centipede don't always have to go together in order for it to be wise buy...I didn't have that wisdom then, unfortunately. At least I had the sense to grab this Suntup edition now, so ten years from now I won't have to type the same exact regret about the Suntup variant.
    I think that's a reasonable to decision to come to, all things considered. All we can do is make the best decision at the time time, right?

After a lot of careful consideration, I have decided to pass on the Suntup edition. Frankly, it really came down to the artwork. It's just not my cup of tea. Even though the production quality on the Suntup edition is surely quite a bit better than the Gauntlet lettered and it's cheaper than the Centipede, I have this gut feeling that I'd be happier in the long run with either of these other editions since they fit in my previously established collecting parameters.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

And it was only like a $100! I can't quite remember if I passed on it because of the facsimile signature or if it sold out right before I heard about it and I used that as a way to make peace with not getting one, but in hindsight I wish that I had grabbed one. I think I've seen two on the aftermarket, but they go for stupid prices ($1000+ if my memory is correct). Maybe one day a reasonably priced one will come available. Heck, I'm missed out on two really good deals lately. The first was the first six books of Centipede's Lafferty set unsigned for $300. The first one goes for that easy! And then the other day, someone listed Earthling's The Boys in the Valley for $125. I hesitated for a brief moment and someone else snagged it. So these things do happen...but clearly for someone else's benefit.

Anyways, still debating on this Suntup offering.
    If I had to get into my head, I think I probably figured since I have the Gauntlet slipcased/signed/#d HC, I didn't need another edition, especially one that wasn't even signed by Matheson. For some reason, that rationale rings a bit of a bell, so that's likely correct. Thing is, I now realize that "need" and Centipede don't always have to go together in order for it to be wise buy...I didn't have that wisdom then, unfortunately. At least I had the sense to grab this Suntup edition now, so ten years from now I won't have to type the same exact regret about the Suntup variant.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I'm not even that big of a Hell House fan and I still picked it up. The look, the letterpress, and the signatures sold me on it.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I wish I could go back to my self that passed on that Centipede offering of the title…to this day. I can’t imagine why I passed on it. Especially with how scarce (have just seen one available on the aftermarket since publication) and expensive that title is now, I’ll never have a copy in my collection.
    And it was only like a $100! I can't quite remember if I passed on it because of the facsimile signature or if it sold out right before I heard about it and I used that as a way to make peace with not getting one, but in hindsight I wish that I had grabbed one. I think I've seen two on the aftermarket, but they go for stupid prices ($1000+ if my memory is correct). Maybe one day a reasonably priced one will come available. Heck, I'm missed out on two really good deals lately. The first was the first six books of Centipede's Lafferty set unsigned for $300. The first one goes for that easy! And then the other day, someone listed Earthling's The Boys in the Valley for $125. I hesitated for a brief moment and someone else snagged it. So these things do happen...but clearly for someone else's benefit.

Anyways, still debating on this Suntup offering.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Man, I'm torn. I'm a big Matheson fan and have been holding out on picking up any edition of this book as I've been torn on what edition. One, Gauntlet lettered since it is signed by Matheson and I've been VERY slowly been piecing together a set of the Gauntlet lettereds; two, the Centipede edition that is not signed by Matheson, but has Centipede's normal production values AND fits into my growing Centipede collection; and now, three, this Suntup edition because, well, the Artist Edition is a heck of a lot cheaper than the other two editions AND it is signed by Mike Flanagan...

I was not expecting this announcement today. Frankly, I don't really keep an eye on when Suntup's announcements are coming as I almost invariably pass. This one, though...
    I wish I could go back to my self that passed on that Centipede offering of the title…to this day. I can’t imagine why I passed on it. Especially with how scarce (have just seen one available on the aftermarket since publication) and expensive that title is now, I’ll never have a copy in my collection.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone else pick-up a copy of "Hell House"? I know that it was pricey, but I couldn't resist. I have always wanted to read this story but could never find a nice hardcover copy. Two birds-one stone! The art also looks amazing, and I'm a fan of all three people who are signing it!
    Yes, I bought a copy. It looks like a nice production, and I've always liked Matheson's work.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Man, I'm torn. I'm a big Matheson fan and have been holding out on picking up any edition of this book as I've been torn on what edition. One, Gauntlet lettered since it is signed by Matheson and I've been VERY slowly been piecing together a set of the Gauntlet lettereds; two, the Centipede edition that is not signed by Matheson, but has Centipede's normal production values AND fits into my growing Centipede collection; and now, three, this Suntup edition because, well, the Artist Edition is a heck of a lot cheaper than the other two editions AND it is signed by Mike Flanagan...

I was not expecting this announcement today. Frankly, I don't really keep an eye on when Suntup's announcements are coming as I almost invariably pass. This one, though...

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Pros: an Artist edition that’s signed by multiple people (I suppose because the artist passed away), intro by his son (whose work I also like), interesting art, printed letterpress.

Cons: priced high, and I already have the slipcased and numbered Gauntlet edition, signed by Matheson himself.

Not sure what to do about this one. It’s moving fast, though, so I need to hurry up and decide.

EDIT: I ended up placing an order. No regrets! :-)

Last edited by RonClinton; 11-16-2023, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    It looks like a great book. I loved the art as well and think fans will be thrilled with this one.

Anyone else pick-up a copy of "Hell House"? I know that it was pricey, but I couldn't resist. I have always wanted to read this story but could never find a nice hardcover copy. Two birds-one stone! The art also looks amazing, and I'm a fan of all three people who are signing it!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Very pleased with this offering. Easy purchase for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X