No announcement yet.

BIRD BOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also ordered one from VJ Books. But others have said that their shipping sucks and sometimes they sell phony sigs. So we'll see what's what when I get mine. I'm hoping neither the BAM nor the VJ copies are a bookplate situation.

https://www.vjbooks.com/malorie-josh.../malmalo01.htm

Comment

Didn't see a bookplate in the description on BOM. To me that is like graffiti and I would ask for a refund.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      I also ordered one from VJ Books. But others have said that their shipping sucks and sometimes they sell phony sigs. So we'll see what's what when I get mine. I'm hoping neither the BAM nor the VJ copies are a bookplate situation.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

How would you know it's a fake? lol. Dude just scribbles a line.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

How would you know it's a fake? lol. Dude just scribbles a line.
          His would be EASY to fake. But the claim of buying a phony sig was in relation to a different author. The person who made the claim said that VJ did make good on the error so i'm not too worried.

Comment

His would be EASY to fake. But the claim of buying a phony sig was in relation to a different author. The person who made the claim said that VJ did make good on the error so i'm not too worried.
            I've found VJ to be on the higher end vs. some other retailers.

Comment

I've found VJ to be on the higher end vs. some other retailers.
              That's good to know. Among their shipping options was padded envelope or box. I chose box. So I'll have two signed first editions from 2 different retailers. I plan on unboxing both at the same time and doing a comparison.

Comment

That's good to know. Among their shipping options was padded envelope or box. I chose box. So I'll have two signed first editions from 2 different retailers. I plan on unboxing both at the same time and doing a comparison.
                I meant higher end as far as pricing I should have stated. I've only made one purchase from them but it wasn't a bad experience. Definitely pays to shop around unless they are your only option.

Comment

I meant higher end as far as pricing I should have stated. I've only made one purchase from them but it wasn't a bad experience. Definitely pays to shop around unless they are your only option.
                  Ah ok, got it. The BAM signed first edition was about $10 cheaper. So we'll see if VJ was worth the expense.

Comment

Ah ok, got it. The BAM signed first edition was about $10 cheaper. So we'll see if VJ was worth the expense.
                    Could be well worth it if BAM doesn't ship well. Never have ordered anything from them.

Comment

This is going to be fun. I'll get to compare on speed, packing job, and price. I'll even be fair and offer up that the two different boxes were handled by different people along the way before they made it to my mail carrier.

Comment

Could be well worth it if BAM doesn't ship well. Never have ordered anything from them.
                        I have ordered from BAM and had no issue with the shipping.

Comment

Question for Dan and/or Brian -

Do you know if CD will be getting copies of the DRP limited version of Malorie? I ordered Bird Box from CD directly (back on7/15/2017) so I'm really hoping you do.

Comment

Just realized I hadn't updated you all on how VJ Books stacked up against BAM. For those who haven't seen it: https://youtu.be/1uwjU-RV2DE

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Do you know if CD will be getting copies of the DRP limited version of Malorie? I ordered Bird Box from CD directly (back on7/15/2017) so I'm really hoping you do.
                              We're supposed to be. Has DRP offered it for sale yet?
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

I just confirmed with DRP that we'll be getting Malorie. I can't promise matching numbers though, I'd say if you care about a specific number, you should order directly from DRP.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X