X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

At least it's just books in the WHP emails.
    Sometimes the Dark Regions newsletters show me cool items that I had not previously heard of, which then prompts me to go buy said item for 30-40% cheaper from the original seller, haha!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    LOL. Very true.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

And, frustratingly, ramped up the incessant inundation of repetitive, daily emails. Something that drove my away from DRP...

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuggers View Post

Once they attached themselves to Weirdhouse Press to aid in their backlog, I believe they've made great strides. Of course, the downside is it's slowed down my Weirdhouse pre-orders lol
    And, frustratingly, ramped up the incessant inundation of repetitive, daily emails. Something that drove me away from DRP...
    Last edited by swintek; 11-20-2023, 02:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuggers
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I 100% agree with you. I think they produce some nice books.

Once they attached themselves to Weirdhouse Press to aid in their backlog, I believe they've made great strides. Of course, the downside is it's slowed down my Weirdhouse pre-orders lol

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I 100% agree with you. I think they produce some nice books.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I have never been disappointed by a DRP book that I have received.!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have come to the conclusion that Malerman's writing is not for me so this one was an easy pass.
    Same on both counts.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Dark Regions announced preorders for a new Malerman collection this morning. I was tempted but have passed. DRP doesn't have the best track record for getting productions done in a timely manner and I already have SIX Malerman limiteds on the shelf that I haven't read yet.

Anyone snag one?
    I grabbed a copy last year via part of a secret pre-order since I had already purchased the previous Malerman books issued by DRP. Their editions of Bird Box and Malorie are fantastic and I am over the moon that this book is being made to match. Really, I have never been disappointed by a DRP book that I have received. While DRP has had issues in the past, they are slowly catching up their overdue projects which should all be out the door by early 2024. That being said, my three oldest pending pre-orders are all from DRP; so, I totally understand the hesitation to pull the trigger. I'm a big fan of Malerman and am very happy by this book announcement!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I passed solely on the slow speed at which DRP moves in. I cannot tie up funds for something that is likely years from being in my hands.

Dark Regions announced preorders for a new Malerman collection this morning. I was tempted but have passed. DRP doesn't have the best track record for getting productions done in a timely manner and I already have SIX Malerman limiteds on the shelf that I haven't read yet.

Anyone snag one?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Anyone snag one?
    I have come to the conclusion that Malerman's writing is not for me so this one was an easy pass.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Anyone snag one?

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Yeah, they've really seemed to turn a corner in my opinion. Pretty much all of their late books will be out by this Summer/Fall. They've also moved away from the goofy online campaigns and moved toward a more traditional model for selling their books. I also like that they have stopped offering books for pre-order unless they are well into production. Their revamped Production Updates page is also a vast improvement to their old page.
    Agreed. I do like that they were trying to do something new with the campaigns, but they just seemed rather convoluted and eventually made engaging with them too difficult. The shift away from offering pre-orders was a very good idea. I don't want to belabor a topic that has already been discussed, but these years-long wait times are a good way to alienate your customers. Frankly, I wish more publishers would move away from pre-orders in general.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

I'm really glad that DRP is getting back on track with their books. I've stopped buying from them due to various factors--some related to the delays, others more due to personal buying decisions--but I don't want to see them fail. More successful publishers is always a good thing.
    Yeah, they've really seemed to turn a corner in my opinion. Pretty much all of their late books will be out by this Summer/Fall. They've also moved away from the goofy online campaigns and moved toward a more traditional model for selling their books. I also like that they have stopped offering books for pre-order unless they are well into production. Their revamped Production Updates page is also a vast improvement to their old page.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I have never been disappointed in a release from DRP, they do great work.

Sometimes it just takes them a while to do that work.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Just received the LE of Malorie from DRP. Turned out great. Really enjoy how the design for each book (Malorie/Brid Box) compliments the other. Also enjoy how the volumes are oversized but still fit on a standard bookshelf. This was one of my oldest pending orders (08/2019); so, I'm glad to finally have this off of my pending list!
    I'm really glad that DRP is getting back on track with their books. I've stopped buying from them due to various factors--some related to the delays, others more due to personal buying decisions--but I don't want to see them fail. More successful publishers is always a good thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X