X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Has anyone received any updates regarding Malorie or The Cabin at the End of the Woods? No update on the site as far as I can tell.
    I reached out to them over the weekend about a few books as well and received the response below...

"OFFSPRING and MALORIE are starting in March and likely done in April/May range. LA BELLE will likely be done sometime this summer and shipping out late summer/early fall range. CABIN should be the next one going into production after that I believe and looking at a fall release looks like. Thanks for your patience on the delays with it. Our printers have all been way behind and playing catch up from Covid shutdowns and delays and there is also a paper shortage now affecting everybody and causing delays there"

Leave a comment:

• Dannyb
    replied
    Has anyone received any updates regarding Malorie or The Cabin at the End of the Woods? No update on the site as far as I can tell.
    Last message I got from them was saying the limited and lettered malorie are 4 and 6 months away.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Here is the definitive answer.

https://forum.cemeterydance.com/foru...998#post190998

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Thanks. I had only read the text and did not look closely at the images.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    At some point I joined their mailing list and whenever I clicked over there all I saw were PB's. I eventually just stopped looking.

Since we may have future discussion on Weird House I created their own thread for discussion.

https://forum.cemeterydance.com/foru...ird-houe-press

Originally posted by swintek View Post

That had me scratching my head as the first several offerings were all indeed Signed and numbered hardcovers, but- looking back there, it seems more recent offerings ARE paperback only. I wonder if he's shifting his model? They are very reasonably priced (and, super-limited: 50 copies?!), but, yeah- I'm a HC Guy, so hope those continue. The first few I have are great.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    I thought all their stuff was PBs? Is that not accurate?

That had me scratching my head as the first several offerings were all indeed Signed and numbered hardcovers, but- looking back there, it seems more recent offerings ARE paperback only. I wonder if he's shifting his model? They are very reasonably priced (and, super-limited: 50 copies?!), but, yeah- I'm a HC Guy, so hope those continue. The first few I have are great.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Glad to help. I love a search.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The DJ states signed and numbered. I would assume it's signed by the author but that could mean the illustrator. IDK.

https://www.weirdhousepress.com/wp-c..._dj-scaled.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    The DJ states signed and numbered. I would assume it's signed by the author but that could mean the illustrator. IDK.

https://www.weirdhousepress.com/wp-c..._dj-scaled.jpg

I had actually considered the Clark Holmes collection. I could not find whether the edition was signed or not on the site.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
    I believe they do both though it looks like their new releases are signed trade paperback limited volumes. The Simon Clark Holmes collection is a limited hardback.
    I had actually considered the Clark Holmes collection. I could not find whether the edition was signed or not on the site.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I will have to keep a better eye on them. I don't collect PB's but have looked at their site several times and liked the stories they are selling. If they have HC's on occasion it may be something I would pick up.

I believe they do both though it looks like their new releases are signed trade paperback limited volumes. The Simon Clark Holmes collection is a limited hardback.

Leave a comment:

• Jargendeli
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I thought all their stuff was PBs? Is that not accurate?

Weird House is very impressive. I purchased their Simon Clark TALES OF MYSTERY AND HORROR collection (Sherlock Holmes stories) and the production value is very well done. Add to that the writer and publishing the book very close to the publication date. Well done all around.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Jargendeli
    replied
    Weird House is very impressive. I purchased their Simon Clark TALES OF MYSTERY AND HORROR collection (Sherlock Holmes stories) and the production value is very well done. Add to that the writer and publishing the book very close to the publication date. Well done all around.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    I say it all the time RE: DRP: I keep trying to like and support them. I like their books- when they actually publish them. Mostly, my impression so far is there's just too much smoke- and not enough fire. I am liking his dad's spin-off press so far: Weird House: hardly any smoke- nice, low-key warm fire.
    Last edited by swintek; 12-05-2021, 03:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X