No announcement yet.

Dark Regions Press:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is always some inconsistency in publishing dates and there are no small press publishers who consistently publish on time. I would say the key, probably/maybe, would be working with a small press publisher who accurately and professionally communicates with the Author and/or estate as well as the consumer.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      There is always some inconsistency in publishing dates and there are no small press publishers who consistently publish on time. I would say the key, probably/maybe, would be working with a small press publisher who accurately and professionally communicates with the Author and/or estate as well as the consumer.
      There's "some inconsistency" and then there's DRP and CD. In Laymon's Terms has already been mentioned; other CD titles have been stuck in limbo (with money already collected from customers, mind you) for even longer. DRP is the lesser of two evils here, but even then my preorder for the three Laymon titles goes back to 2015, so, again, this goes beyond "some inconsistency."

Anyhow to answer kshane's question, SubPress and Suntup seem to hit their target release windows far more often than not. Centipede is also decent, except on the really big titles (looking at you, Dune) - however I suspect that's more a product of Jerad typically not even making an official announcement until the books are rolling at the printers, and not taking preorders until they're en route to him.

Comment

SST!

Comment

I don't know why, but I always forget about SST. And they'd be a great fit for Laymon's works.

Comment

Thanks for those publisher suggestions! I'll remember them and see if I can suggest them to Kelly at some point. Brian's Lividian Publications seems to be making everyone very happy as well, based on the comments I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by kshane View Post
              Thanks for those publisher suggestions! I'll remember them and see if I can suggest them to Kelly at some point. Brian's Lividian Publications seems to be making everyone very happy as well, based on the comments I've seen.
              There is a good chance Kelly is familiar with Brian's work as they have worked together before.
              Last edited by Martin; 05-10-2021, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Or a whole new line of nice Laymon reprints at Thunderstorm Books, that would also be a good fit.

Comment

Laymon and Thunderstorm are a great fit. Paul at TSB has a great record of getting books out in a timely manner as well.

Comment

Anyone else put off by the current sale from DRP that includes some pre-orders? I placed my pre-orders, paid my money, and now they are providing a discount of 20% off.

Seems like I should cancel my original order and replace the order with the 20% discount. That would be $30 right back in my pocket.

Comment

Anyone else put off by the current sale from DRP that includes some pre-orders? I placed my pre-orders, paid my money, and now they are providing a discount of 20% off.

Seems like I should cancel my original order and replace the order with the 20% discount. That would be $30 right back in my pocket.
                      I'm not put off at all as this is a pretty common occurrence in my view. I know that Cemetery Dance also had a black Friday Sale of 50% off that included their pre-orders too. Also, the pre-order items available from both DRP & CD have been available to order for quite awhile; so, I don't blame them for trying to reduce their potential inventory on those pre-order items during their sale. Not sure what DRP's policy is; however, you may want to email them to see if they might be willing to provide a retroactive discount. I know that CD's policy is not to apply discounts retroactively to items already ordered; so, I would be interested to hear what DRP's response is should you ask that question (as I too have a few pre-orders from them that I wouldn't mind being discounted).

Comment

DRP has made it clear that I am not their target customer. I have said before that any sale that requires an 'If, then' statement will lose me before I consider a purchase. Have you tried emailing them to see if they can adjust the orders without you having to jump through hoops? Meanwhile, I will continue giving their offers cursory glances and moving on.

Comment

I'm probably just feeling the holiday money pinch. For whatever reason the offer rubbed me the wrong way.

It's only $30 and I am a supporter of small press. I probably just need a chill pill.

Comment

I've never been a fan of their business model. I still get the emails, but I've never purchased anything from them.

Comment

I say it all the time RE: DRP: I keep trying to like and support them. I like their books- when they actually publish them. Mostly, my impression so far is there's just too much smoke- and not enough fire. I am liking his dad's spin-off press so far: Weird House: hardly any smoke- nice, low-key warm fire.
                              Last edited by swintek; 12-05-2021, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Weird House is very impressive. I purchased their Simon Clark TALES OF MYSTERY AND HORROR collection (Sherlock Holmes stories) and the production value is very well done. Add to that the writer and publishing the book very close to the publication date. Well done all around.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X