Dark Regions Press:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I hadn't seen any new updates on the above noted books but I do receive many emails where they try to sell books from other publishers. I wonder how their publication are going.
    Their last updates were in June. Per their website:

The past couple of years have been challenging for our production partners and project queue and we sincerely appreciate the continued patience of our customers on these projects. New Dark Regions Press projects are no longer offered for public retail preorder as a way for us to reduce delays for our customers moving forward. We will continue working until every single preorder item is shipped.

Return of the Old Ones: Apocalyptic Lovecraftian Horror Deluxe Signed Hardcover: the books are complete and with us right now! See above photos. Slipcase production starts this month and due to labor/supply chain issues our slipcase maker expects production to take around 90 days so we expect to start shipping this deluxe hardcover in slipcase by Fall. Thank you to everyone for your continued patience - we are very close to shipping this deluxe hardcover edition!

Malorie: A Bird Box Novel Special Edition by Josh Malerman: production is in process now and we expect the signed & numbered hardcover edition to ship by Fall/Winter! The deluxe lettered edition traycases will take around 90 days to produce so we expect the deluxe edition of Malorie to ship within 90 to 120 days of the numbered edition shipping. Watch for another update with photos when the numbered edition of Malorie is complete!

Offspring 30th Anniversary Edition by Jack Ketchum: the numbered edition hardcover books should be complete and shipping to customers by Fall/Winter! Traycases will take an additional 90 days to produce for the deluxe lettered edition so the deluxe edition should ship within 90 to 120 days after the numbered. Photos will be posted when the numbered edition is complete!

Prisoner of Violence by Joe R. Lansdale and Keith Lansdale: the graphic novel is fully lettered and designed and production is in process now - we expect trade editions to ship by Fall/Winter and deluxe signed hardcover editions to ship within 90 to 120 days after trade editions. Photos will be posted when the trade editions are in stock!

Pirates of the Old World: production is in process now and we expect trade editions to start shipping by Winter! Deluxe signed slipcased hardcovers will ship first half of next year. Photos will be posted when trade editions of Pirates are in stock and shipping!

Tales from Arkham Sanitarium Edited by Brian M. Sammons: ebooks and trade hardcovers will start shipping within 90 days! Deluxe signed slipcased hardcover production starts later this year and we anticipate the deluxe signed hardcover to ship early next year.

Carnacki: Starry Wisdom & Other Stories by William Meikle Deluxe Signed Slipcased Hardcover: printing on this edition starts within 60 days and we expect the books to be complete by Fall with slipcase production starting thereafter. Our objective is to ship this edition by Winter and will post another update when this edition is complete!

Transmissions from Punktown Edited by Brian M. Sammons: after a long trip the signature sheets have now been signed by all contributors and are headed back to us. These sheets will soon be sent to the printer/binder and once they have those sheets printing can start. We expect printing to start this Summer and for this deluxe hardcover with slipcase to be shipping to customers by end of year.

The Cal Wild Chronicles by Gene O'Neill Deluxe Signed Hardcover: this project is next in line at our printer/binder with production slated to start this Summer, we expect this deluxe edition which clocks in at over 1,000 pages to ship to customers by end of year.

Discoveries: Best Of Horror and Dark Fantasy Edited by James R. Beach and Jason V Brock Deluxe Signed Hardcover: this project will be entering production this Summer and is expected to be complete and ready to ship to customers with slipcases by end of year.

Dark Regions Press is committed to delivering all of these projects to our customers and we have significantly reduced new project development until we get caught up on older projects! Thank you again to everyone for your continued patience and watch for more updates in the future as more editions are completed.

Comment

Thanks. So glad to see there wasn't even a whiff of an update on The Cabin at the End of the World. I can't wait to get un-entangled from DRP.

I really like their books when they finally arrive but I cannot see me ordering anything from them in the future.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        Thanks. So glad to see there wasn't even a whiff of an update on The Cabin at the End of the World. I can't wait to get un-entangled from DRP.

I really like their books when they finally arrive but I cannot see me ordering anything from them in the future.
        Yeah, I feel pretty much the exact same way. I really like everything that I have purchased from them in the past, but, it's always felt like a chore getting the books in-hand. I also have a few pending pre-orders that weren't listed as well and am also looking forward to when I will no longer have anything pending with them. They are swiftly becoming some of my oldest pre-orders. Can't see myself purchasing anything else from them unless it is absolutely must have and cannot be purchased anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Yeah, I feel pretty much the exact same way. I really like everything that I have purchased from them in the past, but, it's always felt like a chore getting the books in-hand. I also have a few pending pre-orders that weren't listed as well and am also looking forward to when I will no longer have anything pending with them. They are swiftly becoming some of my oldest pre-orders. Can't see myself purchasing anything else from them unless it is absolutely must have and cannot be purchased anywhere else.
          You don't feel the same way with CD? I just went through my orders and this is what I am still waiting for:
          • Good Story, Good Words by Kevin Quigley - Part of a CDCC membership - email reminder of this from March 2016. I think this was for CDCC 4 maybe. That would have been what, 2014 or 2015? Going on 8 or 9 years.
          • The Judas Tree by Simon Clark - Again part of a CDCC membership - not sure which one. 2015 or 2016
          • Dark Screams - ordered April 2016
          • Interview with the Vampire - Ordered May 2016
          • Graveside Manner Volume 1 - Part of CDCC 7. Ordered September of 2017
          • Caretakers by Tabitha King - Ordered November 2017
          • The Stand - Ordered January 2018
          • Forthcoming Grab bag of 2018 - Ordered April 2018. Not sure if any of these books have ever been released. At this point, how the hell can you keep track?
          • Stephen King Revisted - Ordered March 2020
          I'm sure I'm missing a few. This is not even counting the book orders that I have canceled because of the years I have been waiting on them. I've been part of CDCC for close to a decade and I've probably received half of the exclusive books as promised. I really have no idea what I am owed. 2022 will probably be the last year for me doing the CDCC. The value just isn't there anymore. How many limited editions were produced this year? Not many that I remember.

Regarding the late books, I have tried to be patient, but 3, 4, 5, or 6 years waiting for a book is beyond ridiculous and is no way to do business. I understand the complexities of a post-covid world but come on...

Comment

Originally posted by Trashy45 View Post

You don't feel the same way with CD? I just went through my orders and this is what I am still waiting for:
            • Good Story, Good Words by Kevin Quigley - Part of a CDCC membership - email reminder of this from March 2016. I think this was for CDCC 4 maybe. That would have been what, 2014 or 2015? Going on 8 or 9 years.
            • The Judas Tree by Simon Clark - Again part of a CDCC membership - not sure which one. 2015 or 2016
            • Dark Screams - ordered April 2016
            • Interview with the Vampire - Ordered May 2016
            • Graveside Manner Volume 1 - Part of CDCC 7. Ordered September of 2017
            • Caretakers by Tabitha King - Ordered November 2017
            • The Stand - Ordered January 2018
            • Forthcoming Grab bag of 2018 - Ordered April 2018. Not sure if any of these books have ever been released. At this point, how the hell can you keep track?
            • Stephen King Revisted - Ordered March 2020
            I'm sure I'm missing a few. This is not even counting the book orders that I have canceled because of the years I have been waiting on them. I've been part of CDCC for close to a decade and I've probably received half of the exclusive books as promised. I really have no idea what I am owed. 2022 will probably be the last year for me doing the CDCC. The value just isn't there anymore. How many limited editions were produced this year? Not many that I remember.

Regarding the late books, I have tried to be patient, but 3, 4, 5, or 6 years waiting for a book is beyond ridiculous and is no way to do business. I understand the complexities of a post-covid world but come on...
            I can't lie, there have been times over the last few years where I have been a bit bummed out by CD's production delays as well; however, for me, the difference is in the level of communication and willingness to refund. CD has a production updates page and are pretty consistent about keeping it updated each month. DRP has a similar page; however, it seems like it is only randomly updated. CD also seems to reply quicker to direct questions, whether they be via direct email or the forum. Finally, at least in my experience, CD has always been willing to cancel/refund orders and does so quickly. DRP's refund policy is much trickier to deal with, especially if you ordered via any of their Indiegogo campaigns and have done add-ons to those campaigns. You do have some orders much older than mine; so, I can get why you might be more frustrated. The only two pre-orders that we currently share are the 2018 forthcoming grab bag and The Stand. Regarding the grab bag, I wish they would just cancel and refund it at this point, and I'm sure I could ask for a refund; however, I just never have. To be honest, will probably never do a CD grab bag again because of the experience with this one. In terms of The Stand, it technically has never been offered for official pre-order yet; so, even though I ordered it back in 2018 like yourself, I'm not as bugged by it not being available yet. Just wish it wouldn't have been pushed back so much by the printer issues. I can't really speak to the CDCC as I have never purchased it. I too have noticed that the number of hardcover limited editions has seemed to plummet over the last couple of years and probably would be a bit bummed about the CDCC during those times as well. Overall, CD seems to really be clearing their backlog this year from what I can tell. I received two of my oldest preorders from them over the last month, and the third, The Southern Reach Trilogy, should ship this month. Hopefully, you'll see some movement on the titles that you listed soon!
            Last edited by sholloman81; 07-11-2022, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Technically I ordered The Stand back in 2015, but it was part of the whole Double Day set so I don't necessarily hold it against them (though promises were made when that line was announced which have not been kept).

And then there's Shocklines, which is so late that the subtitle had to be changed because the "fresh voices" are actually now the seasoned veterans. However, judging by the Production Updates page, that one is ready for the printer and may finally see the light of day.

With the understanding that I know where I'm saying this, both CD and DRP are absolute garbage at getting books out on anything approaching a reasonable schedule and have been for a very long time. The pandemic and subsequent supply chain issues provided a convenient scapegoat, and while that certainly contributed, it was really only compounding an existing problem. Note that similar publishers (Suntup, SubPress, Centipede) have been able to get books out with, at worst, a few months delay. Hell, SubPress has been able to get three Vandermeer limiteds out in the time it's taken CD to do one. CD's saving grace is, as mentioned, their very generous cancellation policy.

I like the books both presses publish and will continue to buy them...but through Camelot.

Comment

Completely understand you on this. The past few years have been difficult for many reasons and Dark Regions Press is working through a significant production backlog right now. The press almost entirely stopped launching new projects for preorder starting in 2021 because of these delays and we haven't done a crowdfunding campaign in years. There are many Dark Regions Press projects in the works that will not be offered to our customers until they're in-stock and ready to ship or very close to it. I sincerely hope that we can regain faith from collectors like you once we get caught up on the backlog and start offering new projects as in-stock at launch or with very short turnaround times. We got overzealous with launching new projects for a few years which significantly contributed to these delays. The press was trying to ride on the momentum it built previously with big projects like Clive Barker's The Midnight Meat Train Special Definitive Edition and Bird Box by Josh Malerman Special Edition, but at the end of the day we're just a small team of people and these highly detailed projects take time and effort to produce. Right now we're working through our project backlog as quickly as possible while still maintaining a high level of quality. The feedback from customers regarding these delays has been very clear and we're determined to correct course with the press. Our plan is to continue to mostly hold back from launching new Dark Regions Press published projects for preorder until we get the majority of the backlog delivered to customers. It's taking a lot of time, resources and effort to get through this backlog but we are making progress (Return of the Old Ones deluxe signed slipcased hardcover was finally shipped out this month). Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback in this thread, even if it pains me to read some of it, I completely understand it all and will keep working until we make things right.

Comment

Thanks for posting. It's always good to hear from publishers.

Originally posted by Chris_Morey View Post
                  Completely understand you on this. The past few years have been difficult for many reasons and Dark Regions Press is working through a significant production backlog right now. The press almost entirely stopped launching new projects for preorder starting in 2021 because of these delays and we haven't done a crowdfunding campaign in years. There are many Dark Regions Press projects in the works that will not be offered to our customers until they're in-stock and ready to ship or very close to it. I sincerely hope that we can regain faith from collectors like you once we get caught up on the backlog and start offering new projects as in-stock at launch or with very short turnaround times. We got overzealous with launching new projects for a few years which significantly contributed to these delays. The press was trying to ride on the momentum it built previously with big projects like Clive Barker's The Midnight Meat Train Special Definitive Edition and Bird Box by Josh Malerman Special Edition, but at the end of the day we're just a small team of people and these highly detailed projects take time and effort to produce. Right now we're working through our project backlog as quickly as possible while still maintaining a high level of quality. The feedback from customers regarding these delays has been very clear and we're determined to correct course with the press. Our plan is to continue to mostly hold back from launching new Dark Regions Press published projects for preorder until we get the majority of the backlog delivered to customers. It's taking a lot of time, resources and effort to get through this backlog but we are making progress (Return of the Old Ones deluxe signed slipcased hardcover was finally shipped out this month). Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback in this thread, even if it pains me to read some of it, I completely understand it all and will keep working until we make things right.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just wanted to echo Ben's comment. Definitely appreciate you stopping by, Chris, and shedding some light on the what's going on at DRP. I'm also happy to see some movement on books with RETURN OF THE OLD ONES shipping.

Comment

Just received my shipping notice for the LE of Jack Ketchum's Offspring. Ordered this one way back in early 2019; so, I'm finally glad to see a shipping notice. Per the DRP production updates page, it looks like they are finally getting caught up after all this time. I expect to have all my outstanding pre-orders from them by this Summer. Once they are received, I believe my oldest pending pre-orders will be a couple from 2021!

Comment

I have a preorder for Transmission From Punktown from Feb. 2019, glad to see that one will be released later this year.

Comment

Just received my LE of Jack Ketchum's "Offspring". Turned out even better than I was expecting. Really dig the artwork. Also has a bunch of bonus sections that I had forgotten were being included. This was actually my oldest pending pre-order; so, I'm glad to finally have this in hand!

Comment

Just received the LE of Malorie from DRP. Turned out great. Really enjoy how the design for each book (Malorie/Brid Box) compliments the other. Also enjoy how the volumes are oversized but still fit on a standard bookshelf. This was one of my oldest pending orders (08/2019); so, I'm glad to finally have this off of my pending list!

Comment

Just received the LE of Malorie from DRP. Turned out great. Really enjoy how the design for each book (Malorie/Brid Box) compliments the other. Also enjoy how the volumes are oversized but still fit on a standard bookshelf. This was one of my oldest pending orders (08/2019); so, I'm glad to finally have this off of my pending list!
                              I'm really glad that DRP is getting back on track with their books. I've stopped buying from them due to various factors--some related to the delays, others more due to personal buying decisions--but I don't want to see them fail. More successful publishers is always a good thing.

Comment

I have never been disappointed in a release from DRP, they do great work.

Sometimes it just takes them a while to do that work.

Comment

Working...
                                X