No announcement yet.

Dark Regions Press:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have my Zune. Can't update/upload anything but all my loaded music is there. I have Spotify now and it works great for me.

Comment

Cool. Glad to hear Zune is still working for you. The battery in mine expanded, cracked the case, and then wouldn't hold a charge. I'm assuming the battery was on it's way to exploding but not sure what happened. It would still play if I kept it plugged in however the whole expanded battery thing made me nervous.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      I still have my Zune. Can't update/upload anything but all my loaded music is there. I have Spotify now and it works great for me.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I think I have officially derailed the thread...Sorry.

Comment

I managed to install the Zune software on Windows 10. I can't remember where I found it or which computer. I have 4 Windows 10 devices on my desk and login to a 5th. I think it was my old work laptop which is one of the 4 and just needs to be turned in so I might have deleted it when cleaning up. Pretty sure I was still able to load my music, meaning from MP3s onto my Zunes using it. I honestly don't remember why I tried that whole Zune on Windows 10 experiment. Now I use my iPhone and a mix of Apple music and uploads on my music to Apple Music where they don't have the music I want.

Comment

Anyone have any thoughts on Richard Laymon's book Midnight's Lair? I have never read it but like the vibe from the artwork.

https://darkregions.com/products/ric...on-coming-soon

Comment

I read all the Laymon books back when they were published, but remember "Midnight's Lair" being one of the better ones. I would like them to do another round of three; I would pick "Savage", my favorite, "One Rainy Night" and maybe "Island" or "Body Rides".

Comment

Originally posted by joejets View Post
                I read all the Laymon books back when they were published, but remember "Midnight's Lair" being one of the better ones. I would like them to do another round of three; I would pick "Savage", my favorite, "One Rainy Night" and maybe "Island" or "Body Rides".
                Totally agree. I really enjoyed Midnight's Lair when I first read it and would definitely recommend it if you've enjoyed any of Laymon's books in the past. I also hope that DRP continues publishing Laymon. I was bummed when CD stopped publishing his books and was happy to see someone else picking up where they left off. Also, a lot of his stuff is hard to find in newish condition for a reasonable price on the secondary market. If DRP were to do another round of three, I would like to see them do "Island", "Blood Games" or " A Writer's Tale".

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Totally agree. I really enjoyed Midnight's Lair when I first read it and would definitely recommend it if you've enjoyed any of Laymon's books in the past. I also hope that DRP continues publishing Laymon. I was bummed when CD stopped publishing his books and was happy to see someone else picking up where they left off. Also, a lot of his stuff is hard to find in newish condition for a reasonable price on the secondary market. If DRP were to do another round of three, I would like to see them do "Island", "Blood Games" or " A Writer's Tale".
                  CD was publishing his new books while he was alive, maybe 1 or 2 was posthumous. I would like to see someone collect his Fastback stories in one volume. I think his daughter controls his literary estate.

Comment

MIDNIGHT’S LAIR is quality Laymon, very entertaining.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thank you for all the feedback. I like DRP books and thought I would give this one a try.

Comment

Kelly Laymon was the first person I directly communicated with at Cemetery Dance when started buying from them. Had an issue with a shipment and she was fantastic to deal with. I would really love to see DRP produce an edition of "A Writers Tale"!

Comment

Someone please do "A Strangers Arms". Please.

Comment

Just letting everyone know that MIDNIGHT'S LAIR is the third and final book from Dark Regions - they will not be publishing any other Laymon books. Kelly has said in podcasts and on facebook that she is working on a new edition of A WRITER'S TALE and it would be published by the guys from Deadline. When will it be published? I don't know.

Kelly also said she was planning on ebook reprints for some books - including A STRANGER'S ARMS.

I would really love for someone to come out with more Laymon hardcovers. Are there any reputable small press publishers who always publish on time? Maybe Kelly could be persuaded to try a small press again if she is confident that the hardcovers will be published without any delays.

Comment

"Always Publish on time" Little harsh.....

Comment

"Always Publish on time" Little harsh.....
                                One of the reasons there won't be any more books from Dark Regions is because all three Laymon hardcovers were delayed. I can't imagine she was thrilled that IN LAYMON'S TERMS took ten years to come out either.

People were asking above about other possible Laymon releases (which I would love to see happen too), but let's just say that I am confident Kelly doesn't want another publisher who delays books by years. Hence my question. Are there any small press publishers who are able to consistently publish on time? I honestly don't know. But if there are, Kelly might want to work with them and Laymon fans could get more Laymon books published.

Comment

Working...
                                X