No announcement yet.

Midworld Press...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been mulling and I think I'm going to the pull the trigger on it today. Good price point and sounds like a good story.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I’m gonna mull this one over a bit.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

The Black Company?? Glenn Cook?? "We are thrilled to announce the first in our line of Legacy Editions: a signed, limited edition of Glenn Cook's The Black Company." I'm in!!

Comment

Not familiar with this author or books however I see some excitement for it. Hopefully this will be a great line of books for them.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        The Black Company?? Glenn Cook?? "We are thrilled to announce the first in our line of Legacy Editions: a signed, limited edition of Glenn Cook's The Black Company." I'm in!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          Not familiar with this author or books however I see some excitement for it. Hopefully this will be a great line of books for them.

One of the first "Dark Fantasy" Series along with Karl Edward Wagner's Kane Series. Dark action, sprinkled with even darker Humor. Loved it. I hope the do the whole series.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Company

Comment

While Mike's mention of it being KEW-like does give me pause, I'll have to pass on this. I'm trying hard to stay focused on not get caught up in the FOMO thing or get distracted by things that, while they may sound interesting (like this one), are just not in my wheelhouse (e.g. fantasy, dark or not) and thus would likely be years, if ever, that I crack them open to read.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I know what you mean Ron.

Comment

I really hope the upcoming announcement is John Dies at the End and This Book is Full of Spiders. Next year is the 15th anniversary of JDATE, so that checks out.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                  I really hope the upcoming announcement is John Dies at the End and This Book is Full of Spiders. Next year is the 15th anniversary of JDATE, so that checks out.
                  This was, in fact, the announcement. I'm very excited for these books.

Comment

Are these a newsletter announcement?

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

This was, in fact, the announcement. I'm very excited for these books.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      Are these a newsletter announcement?

They were announced in a newsletter that I received last night. Let me know if you do not have as I can forward it to you.
                      Here is the test of the announcement:
                      We are excited to announce that we have acquired rights to publish signed, limited editions of the first two books in the John Dies At The End series by Jason Pargin (previously published under his pseudonym, David Wong): John Dies At The End (of course) and the follow-up, This Book Is Full Of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It. Combining horror and humor is a difficult balance to maintain and we think this series gets it right. Next year is the 15th anniversary of the publication of JDATE and we are going create a really special edition of the book to celebrate.
                      We have been in touch with film director Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, Bubba Ho-tep) who scripted and directed the movie adaptation of John Dies At The End. He has agreed to write a Foreword for our edition of the book and is also checking into the possibility of providing some behind-the-scenes photographs taken during filming.
                      We will keep updates coming on these books at various points throughout the project.

Comment

Cool. I must have neglected to sign up for the newsletter. I thought I had but this is easily fixed.

Martin Thanks for the update!

Comment

I'm torn on the new JDATE announcement. I already have CD's lettered edition which I really like so I don't need another edition of the book. I do want the sequel, but if I get one I'll need the other because I'm not a fan of a non-matching set. Something for me to mull over a bit.

The announcement makes it sound like these will be published under the author's real name of Jason Pargin and not under the pseudonym of David Wong as it has in the past. I'm curious as to that decision. I'm assuming this on the request of the author.

Comment

So did a little searching and it looks like the fourth (?) John and Dave book is tentatively titled "David Wong Dies In This One" and will be published under Pargin's real name. So I'm assuming this is a shift to kill off the pseudonym. Hopefully this doesn't come back to haunt him a la THE DARK HALF.

Comment

Pargin decided to quite using the pseudonym as it doesn't serve any purpose anymore. Originally he did it to keep his writing (both fiction and for Cracked) separate from his day job/professional life. Now it doesn't matter, people know he's David Wong and writing is his professional life now.

Comment

Sometimes I think I’m the only person who didn’t much dig JOHN DIES AT THE END…which I admit was odd, given my affinity for Jeff Strand’s horror-humor work.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X