X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I've heard a lot of good things about this one and have never read it, so am very tempted...other publishers' releases and a pricetag of $100 is giving me pause, though. Going to have to think about this one.

Also, that upcoming announcement about Nathan Ballingrud -- I'm currently reading his recent first full-length novel, THE STRANGE...I wonder if that's the book they're doing a limited of. Figures that'd happen right after spending $30 for the trade 1st HC...oh well, my copy is a nicely inscribed (to me) copy, will probably just let that suffice for my collection...probably.
    I think I’m the only person that read In the Valley of the Sun that didn’t like it.

B

Leave a comment:

• Chuggers
    replied

I've heard a lot of good things about this one and have never read it, so am very tempted...other publishers' releases and a pricetag of $100 is giving me pause, though. Going to have to think about this one.

Also, that upcoming announcement about Nathan Ballingrud -- I'm currently reading his recent first full-length novel, THE STRANGE...I wonder if that's the book they're doing a limited of. Figures that'd happen right after spending $30 for the trade 1st HC...oh well, my copy is a nicely inscribed (to me) copy, will probably just let that suffice for my collection...probably.
    MIDWORLD does seem to be doing a ton of retreats on THE STRANGE

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Remember when standard limited editions would only set you back like $40-50? It feels like the majority of titles been produced are $100+ now. It's really making me think twice about picking up titles by authors I haven't read before.
      And $100.00 almost feels like a deal HAHA!!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Remember when standard limited editions would only set you back like $40-50? It feels like the majority of titles been produced are $100+ now. It's really making me think twice about picking up titles by authors I haven't read before.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

I hope it's North American Lake Monsters

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
     Just ordered Midworld's In the Valley of the Sun! A favorite Vampire Novel!!

Last edited by RonClinton; 05-08-2023, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
     Just ordered Midworld's In the Valley of the Sun! A favorite Vampire Novel!!
    Really want this one but have just been hammered by other releases lately and am not sure that I can swing it. Am hoping it will last until the end of the month when purchasing it might be a bit more feasible for me. I remember really liking this one and wouldn't mind the upgrade to my trade edition.

(FYI-My May Pre-orders so far already have been both Mccammon books from Lividian, two of the May titles from Thunderstorm books, an unannounced pre-order from SST, and I am also planning for the PS Different Seasons being put up from pre-order this Friday. Too many good books at once!!! )

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Erich View Post
    Also, MidWorld Press said they had a contract for This Book is Full of Spiders, so look out for it in the future.

I don't know where else to ask this, but do people normally have to wait over 3 days for a post to be approved? That must be maddening.
    Until you have 5 approved posts, I believe. After that, you're off the anti-spam/bot probation!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
      Just ordered Midworld's In the Valley of the Sun!  A favorite Vampire Novel!!

Leave a comment:

• Erich
    replied
    Also, MidWorld Press said they had a contract for This Book is Full of Spiders, so look out for it in the future.

I don't know where else to ask this, but do people normally have to wait over 3 days for a post to be approved? That must be maddening.

Leave a comment:

• Erich
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    JDATE is finally up for preorder, with delivery this summer. Awesome!
    I just got that email yesterday. It looks great. Ordered!!

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    JDATE is finally up for preorder, with delivery this summer.  Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my shipping notice for the LE of Christopher Buehlman's The Blacktongue Thief! Very excited to see how this turned out!

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just received the LE of Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman. Looks fantastic! Really like the interior design on this one. Paper quality also look much better than some of Midworld's earlier releases. This will actually be my first Buehlman book. I've only heard great things and decided now was the time to finally give his stuff a go. Can't wait to dig-in!
    Agreed.

Got my copy the other day & thought MidWorld really did a good job with this one.

B

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received the LE of Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman. Looks fantastic! Really like the interior design on this one. Paper quality also look much better than some of Midworld's earlier releases. This will actually be my first Buehlman book. I've only heard great things and decided now was the time to finally give his stuff a go. Can't wait to dig-in!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X