Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gauntlet Press (with and w/out Borderlands partnership)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I thought this was interesting: "As long as you use the code we provide, you will get a copy of the book."
    So, how many letters will there be?

I'm leaning towards passing on this one.
    52 lettered copies are if I read correctly. That means 2 of each letter . So they will be Copies A-Z and copies AA-ZZ.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    The Bradbury title is Phoenix 451, a collection of Fahrenheit 451 screenplays.

As suspected, there will be copies signed by Bradbury. The lettered edition features Bradbury's signature on a limitation page with no title. And there will be mix of signed and unsigned copies for the "numbered". The signature sheets for these ones are overrun pages from previously published works, so there likely won't be an actual number.
    I thought this was interesting: "As long as you use the code we provide, you will get a copy of the book."
    So, how many letters will there be?

I'm leaning towards passing on this one.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Probably pass, I still have lots of other Bradbury Titles to track down.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    The Bradbury title is Phoenix 451, a collection of Fahrenheit 451 screenplays.

As suspected, there will be copies signed by Bradbury. The lettered edition features Bradbury's signature on a limitation page with no title. And there will be mix of signed and unsigned copies for the "numbered". The signature sheets for these ones are overrun pages from previously published works, so there likely won't be an actual number.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    One’s my limit.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Hey, Jeff, I went to Half Price Books this afternoon, and look what I found just sitting there smugly on the shelf…
    0D1DE3C2-A6D9-4333-8A05-822837DC261D.jpeg
    Better snag that up! It's a rare signed copy! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Hey, Jeff, I went to Half Price Books this afternoon, and look what I found just sitting there smugly on the shelf…
    0D1DE3C2-A6D9-4333-8A05-822837DC261D.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I drew a cactus with a vulture on it, at the end of that long squiggle on his fake signature.......LOL!
    Perfect!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I drew a cactus with a vulture on it, at the end of that long squiggle on his fake signature.......LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Don't buy every one you see.
    I will buy the one I find where the signature varies.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

You had me at “Powell’s.”
    Valid point. Browsing Powell's is already a hobby so adding this step will really b just an add on.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I hate to admit this but checking any copies of Blake Crouch books for 'signatures' whenever I am in Powell's will be my new hobby.
    Don't buy every one you see.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I hate to admit this but checking any copies of Blake Crouch books for 'signatures' whenever I am in Powell's will be my new hobby.
    You had me at “Powell’s.”

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I think this signature is printed on the page. Perhaps they threw it in as a way for Crouch to sign off on the series? I just wish they would have stated something about it on the copyright page.
    I think you’re exactly correct, Jeff, and I couldn’t agree more that it should have been disclosed on the copyright page as something like “Facsimile signature edition (c) 2017” or whatever the date was. From all appearances, it looks real, very smooth and flowing…there’s no fade or pixilated spots. I didn’t think to check for a rear impression last night, but smart money is on the lack of it…it has to be printed on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X