Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gauntlet Press (with and w/out Borderlands partnership)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I hate to admit this but checking any copies of Blake Crouch books for 'signatures' whenever I am in Powell's will be my new hobby.
    Don't buy every one you see.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

You had me at “Powell’s.”
      Valid point. Browsing Powell's is already a hobby so adding this step will really b just an add on.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Don't buy every one you see.
        I will buy the one I find where the signature varies.

Comment

I drew a cactus with a vulture on it, at the end of that long squiggle on his fake signature.......LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            I drew a cactus with a vulture on it, at the end of that long squiggle on his fake signature.......LOL!
            Perfect!

Comment

Hey, Jeff, I went to Half Price Books this afternoon, and look what I found just sitting there smugly on the shelf…
              0D1DE3C2-A6D9-4333-8A05-822837DC261D.jpeg
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Hey, Jeff, I went to Half Price Books this afternoon, and look what I found just sitting there smugly on the shelf…
                0D1DE3C2-A6D9-4333-8A05-822837DC261D.jpeg
                Better snag that up! It's a rare signed copy! ;-)

Comment

One’s my limit.

Comment

The Bradbury title is Phoenix 451, a collection of Fahrenheit 451 screenplays.

As suspected, there will be copies signed by Bradbury. The lettered edition features Bradbury's signature on a limitation page with no title. And there will be mix of signed and unsigned copies for the "numbered". The signature sheets for these ones are overrun pages from previously published works, so there likely won't be an actual number.

Comment

Probably pass, I still have lots of other Bradbury Titles to track down.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                        The Bradbury title is Phoenix 451, a collection of Fahrenheit 451 screenplays.

As suspected, there will be copies signed by Bradbury. The lettered edition features Bradbury's signature on a limitation page with no title. And there will be mix of signed and unsigned copies for the "numbered". The signature sheets for these ones are overrun pages from previously published works, so there likely won't be an actual number.
                        I thought this was interesting: "As long as you use the code we provide, you will get a copy of the book."
                        So, how many letters will there be?

I'm leaning towards passing on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I thought this was interesting: "As long as you use the code we provide, you will get a copy of the book."
                          So, how many letters will there be?

I'm leaning towards passing on this one.
                          52 lettered copies are if I read correctly. That means 2 of each letter . So they will be Copies A-Z and copies AA-ZZ.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                            Probably pass, I still have lots of other Bradbury Titles to track down.
                            Very like the same story here. I got kind of burnt out on the facsimile screenplay format anyhow, so the appeal is already muted. Pretty neatl that the signatures of (now officially the world's oldest person who has gone into space...that was really cool to watch yesterday!) William Shatner and Bradbury will be in the same book, though, but not enough to pay the assumed high lettered pricetag...should be a nice item for those who do, though.

Comment

Gauntlet's newest newsletter actually has me considering Phoenix 451 now...

In addition to the five scripts/screenplays that Bradbury wrote, this collection also includes a facsimile of F451's second manuscript. THAT sounds intriguing to me.

Plus the page count is now at 800 pages. A lot of that will likely be due to the formatting of the scripts/screenplays, but that's still a beast.

Also, how in the hell has it been six months since this title was first announced? Where did six months go?! It feels like it was last month...

Comment

Just received my LE copy of Ray Garton's "Bestial". Am pretty disappointed. When I gave it a quick flip-through, something immediately caught my eye that proves this book was not checked before shipping. It is missing the promised introduction by Ray Garton. In fact, when you open the book and flip the first page, it has the copyright page on the left and immediately launches into the story on the right. No blank page in between like most books, and definitely no intro. This LE was already pretty bare bones; so, not having that new intro really sucks. I also checked their website, and it still has the intro listed as a feature of the book. Also was no mention of the issue in any of their previous newsletters. I did email them and ask for some clarification on this issue, and it not being communicated beforehand, but I can't imagine that there's anything they can do at this point. Gauntlet has had a lot of issues in their past, but I have stuck by them because they find a way to secure contracts for books that I really want, and it felt like their last few releases have been issue-free and that maybe they were turning a corner. This feels like a huge step backward and has me feeling very negative about potential future orders.

Last edited by sholloman81; 06-06-2023, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X