Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Did the Drive-in Multiplex ever get released?

I've only ordered from Thunderstorm a time or two, and always remembered the books were pretty quick to arrive. The listing says estimated to come out Fall of 2023 - https://thunderstormbooks.com/thunde...-in-multiplex/ - my order is from April of 2023.

Not worried - just curious.
    It has not. I think the signature pages were part of the issue.

I don’t think it’s been formally announced, but Paul now has a production update page for previously announced books. It’s under the “Pre-Order” tab at the top of the Thunderstorm homepage. Currently there’s only the Lansdale anthology and one of Keene’s Labyrinth books listed, but still a good resource.

Comment

Thanks for helping me make sure I wasn't going crazy.

My list of pre-orders has gotten quite a bit smaller so it's just something I was more aware of recently.

Comment

No problem and glad to help!

Comment

Always a good day when Paul posts new books! Am very happy with this month's offerings and, after apologizing to my wallet, purchased two or three. Also interested to eventually hear what's going on with his Drive-In book as it sounds like there might be some weirdness going on behind the scenes, but that's pure conjecture on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
            Always a good day when Paul posts new books! Am very happy with this month's offerings and, after apologizing to my wallet, purchased two or three. Also interested to eventually hear what's going on with his Drive-In book as it sounds like there might be some weirdness going on behind the scenes, but that's pure conjecture on my end.
            I'm in for two of the three.  I'm still trying to figure out if I splurge and get I DIED TOO, HEAVY OCEANS, and THE BEDMAKERS.  I might be able to only swing one or two of those in addition to the new announcements, if that.  Where's that "unlimited book budget" button again?

Comment

I had to pass as I knew there was an LP edition I needed to buy.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Already getting the lividian as I upped up my patreon pledge. I think I'm only getting one this month.

Comment

Just received my copy of Edward Lee's "The Television". As usual, Thunderstorm's production values are top-notch. The cover-art is a little plain (though I'm sure it fits the story), but the interior features more than make up for it. Love the endpapers, and I was very happy to see multiple pieces of interior art for the novel which I was not expecting. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase and can't wait to dig into the story sometime soon.

Comment

Just received my copy of Edward Lee's "The Television". As usual, Thunderstorm's production values are top-notch. The cover-art is a little plain (though I'm sure it fits the story), but the interior features more than make up for it. Love the endpapers, and I was very happy to see multiple pieces of interior art for the novel which I was not expecting. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase and can't wait to dig into the story sometime soon.
                    I've heard rumors about interior art in Thunderstorm titles, but have yet to see one.  I am very scattershot with my Black Voltage purchases so that may be the reason why I haven't seen any.

I'm very curious as to your thoughts when you get done reading it.  I have not read much of Lee.  Only one story and that was enough for me.  I'm not into ultra-hardcore gross-out horror and Lee's work seems to live there. 

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I've heard rumors about interior art in Thunderstorm titles, but have yet to see one. I am very scattershot with my Black Voltage purchases so that may be the reason why I haven't seen any.

I'm very curious as to your thoughts when you get done reading it. I have not read much of Lee. Only one story and that was enough for me. I'm not into ultra-hardcore gross-out horror and Lee's work seems to live there.Â
                      I've probably started collecting Thunderstorm a little more seriously over the last year or two. Much like yourself, I'm a bit scattershot as to what I purchase from them due to my monthly book budget and what other presses may be offering that month. That being said, this is one of the first times that I can recall seeing interior art which is why it stuck out to me so much. I hope future books include it where possible as it truly is a nice feature.

In terms of Lee's work, you're right on the money. It's pure splatterpunk/ultra-hardcore gross-out horror. Totally understand why that may not be your cup of tea. While I don't read the majority of works that come out of the splatterpunk arena, there are a few authors such as Lee whom I love and grab their stuff religiously. Funny enough, I tend not to enjoy the more splatter side of horror films such as Saw or Hostel.

Comment

I was a dedicated and enthusiastic Lee fan back in the '90s and early '00s, but sometime around MONSTROSITY (2002) and GAST (2007) -- so that early '00 period -- a switch flipped to Off and I was done with his work and that extreme-horror niche. Haven't been back since. But I sure did like his stuff back in the day...though some of his stuff was even a bit much for me (e.g. THE BIGHEAD and several others).
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Paul of Thunderstorm Books took a poll of members a while back. People said they wanted interior art. So he has started to do that recently in some books. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by kresby View Post
                            Paul of Thunderstorm Books took a poll of members a while back. People said they wanted interior art. So he has started to do that recently in some books. I love it.
                            Thanks for the heads up, kresby.  I’m looking forward to seeing some of that interior art!

Comment

SO happy with the March pre-orders! Just placed an order for all of them. Between this and PS's Stehen King book last week, my book budget has been completely destroyed.

Comment

SO happy with the March pre-orders! Just placed an order for all of them. Between this and PS's Stehen King book last week, my book budget has been completely destroyed.
                                Yeah, it looks like a very good month. I passed on the Bryan Smith title announced today, but I’m in for everything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X