Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

No worries at all! I'm excited to see what everyone receives once they go through their stuff. Hopefully, they'll be some wheeling and dealing to be had.
    Definitely! I figured I wouldn't get any doubles but for personal reading the only one I Definitely want is the Alan Baxter. If there's something interesting to anyone my list is open to trade!
    Last edited by Chuggers; 12-23-2023, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I bought a bunch of thunderstorm books after the last grab bags. Hopefully manage to pick up a few more. 

Comment

Looks like Tuesday for my order. Anything more annoying than it being in the right city but wrong post office?
        Last edited by saginawhorror; 12-23-2023, 01:05 PM.

Comment

My TP grab bag arrived before it was light out this morning in a non-goo-covered box. I snagged:

Homebody, by Christine Morgan
          The Shapes of Night by Mary SanGiovanni
          Stories for the Next Pandemic by Brian Keene (Dupe)
          Wormwood by Chad Lutzke & Tim Meyer
          and two little bitty oldies
          Immersion by Lee Thompson (2012)
          The Third House by Andy Deane (2010!)

Very happy with what I received. Eager to try a few new to me authors, and I'm excited about the SanGiovanni. Does anyone know if this is a standalone, or do I need to read something else first?
          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

My package just arrived but I can't open it until tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
              My TP grab bag arrived before it was light out this morning in a non-goo-covered box. I snagged:

Homebody, by Christine Morgan
              The Shapes of Night by Mary SanGiovanni
              Stories for the Next Pandemic by Brian Keene (Dupe)
              Wormwood by Chad Lutzke & Tim Meyer
              and two little bitty oldies
              Immersion by Lee Thompson (2012)
              The Third House by Andy Deane (2010!)

Very happy with what I received. Eager to try a few new to me authors, and I'm excited about the SanGiovanni. Does anyone know if this is a standalone, or do I need to read something else first?
              That’s a solid paperback grab bag. The two older ones are worth the price alone.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                My package just arrived but I can't open it until tonight.
                I look forward to hearing what you got!

Comment

Surprisingly no hardcover repeats. Paperbacks were all repeats.

Dead End House by Bryan Smith

Dead Eye Book 2 by Ronald Kelly (#47)

Other Words by Brian Keene

paperbacks were

Immersion by Lee Thompson

The Third House by Andy Deane

The Shapes of Night by Mary Sangiovanni

Stories for the Next Pandemic by Brian Keene

Homebody by Christine Morgan

Wormwood by Chad Lutzke and Tim Meyer

Also as a separate gift I got 3 Private Reserve Titles.
                  Last edited by saginawhorror; 12-25-2023, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Everything but Dead End House and the private reserves are available for trade if anyone needs them.

Comment

Didn't get home until later last night, but I finally opened my grab bags.

THE DEAD PENNIES by Brandon Ford, Black Voltage
                      HAZARDS EXIST THAT ARE NOT MARKED by Kristin Dearborn, Black Voltage
                      WEREWOLVES, SWAMP CRITTERS, & HELLACIOUS HAINTS: SAGA OF DEAD-EYE BOOK II by Ronald Kelly, Black Voltage Supercell
                      THE SKIN SHOW by Kristopher Rufty, Black Voltage
                      PTERANODON CANYON by Tim Meyer, Black Voltage
                      THE GHOUL ARCHIPELAGO by Stephan Kozeniewksi, Black Voltage
                      THE HORROR AT PLEASANT BROOK by Kevin Lucia, Black Voltage
                      NO SLEEP TILL WONDERLAND by Paul Tremblay, Black Voltage
                      BELETH STATION by Bryan Smith & Samantha Kolesnik, Black Voltage
                      SUNDANCING by Brian Keene, Maelstrom
                      GOOD THINGS FOR BAD PEOPLE by Brian Keene, Nightmare Alley
                      UNSAFE SPACES by Brian Keene, White Lightning

I did a silly thing with grab bags and was really hoping for one or two specific books to be in them--one being THE GULP AND THE FALL--and was first a little bummed because none of the ones I was hoping for was in my grab bags. That's my fault because, like yard sales and used bookstores, the most fun to be had is when you don't have any expectations and are open to the possibilities. Looking at the list objectively, I actually did pretty darn well:
                      • Due to budget issues, I had passed on DEAD PENNIES and HAZARDS so I'm happy to have both of them in the collection. HAZARDS is a novella collection and I really love it when Thunderstorm does these.
                      • I did have three duplicates: DEAD-EYE Book II, HORROR AT PLEASANT BROOK, and WONDERLAND. These are definitely going into the trade or sell pile.
                      • I think I've own THE SKIN SHOW twice and never read it. The first was when I sold off a bunch of TSB books to fund another purchase and the second was maybe in the previous grab bags. This is on the fence, but maybe I should give it a read?
                      • I'm torn on BELETH STATION. I really liked Kolesnik's TRUE CRIME, but not the biggest Bryan Smith fan.
                      • GOOD THINGS and UNSAFE SPACES by Keene are fun additions. The White Lightning titles are nice and I've considering tracking down all the white board versions in the past as a mini-collecting goal.
                      • Then comes SUNDANCING. Like Dannyboy and ALONE, this is the book that just keeps coming back to me. This is my third copy owned, I believe. I don't collect Maelstrom so this is on the pile.

Overall, I'm pretty happy, but if there is something that someone needs--besides PENNIES and HAZARD--let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

Comment

Got my hardcover box:
                        Unsafe Spaces by Brian Keene
                        The Seven by Brian Keene
                        Redemption by John Everson (dupe)
                        Allison by Jeff Strand (dupe)
                        Braineater Jones by Stephen Kozeniewski
                        Desperate Wishes by Candace Nola

Two duplicates up for trade, if anybody fancies Allison or Redemption.

I might not be familiar enough with Keene's works to have a full appreciation for The Seven, but it sounds interesting.

Comment

Got my box today. All hard cover PC copies with no damage

Brian Keene THE SEVEN and A LITTLE SORROWED WALK
                          Jeff Strand. ALLISON
                          Candace Nola DESPERATE WISHES
                          Kozeniewski and Young CLICKERS NEVER DIE
                          Sam Anderson. THE MONEY RUN

definitely going to read the Strand book but willing to trade any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            Didn't get home until later last night, but I finally opened my grab bags.

THE GHOUL ARCHIPELAGO by Stephan Kozeniewksi, Black Voltage

Hi Sock Monkey,

Nor sure if you're willing to trade the Kozeniewski book as I didn't see it mentioned, but if any of my item(s) below would work for you, let me know as I wouldn't mind the trade..

Jeff Strand, Allison, Gleefully Macabe
                            Jeff Strand, Cyclops Road, Gleefully Macabe
                            Michelle Garza & Melissa Lason, Scum Janitors vs. The Living Dead, VS Line
                            Briane Keene, School's Out, Maelstrom
                            Brian Keene, Good Things for Bad People, Nightmare Alley
                            Candace Nola, Desperate Wishes, Tempest
                            Wesley Southard & Mark Steensland, Where the Devil Waits, Nightmare Alley
                            Sam W. Anderson, The Money Run, Black Voltage
                            Mark Matthews, The Hobgoblin of Little Minds, Black Voltage

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                              Got my box today. All hard cover PC copies with no damage

Kozeniewski and Young CLICKERS NEVER DIE

definitely going to read the Strand book but willing to trade any of them.
                              Hi Fanatic,

Nor sure if you're willing to trade the Kozeniewsk & Youngi book, but if any of my item(s) below would work for you, let me know as I wouldn't mind the trade..

Jeff Strand, Allison, Gleefully Macabe
                              Jeff Strand, Cyclops Road, Gleefully Macabe
                              Candace Nola, Desperate Wishes, Tempest

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                                Got my hardcover box:
                                Redemption by John Everson (dupe)

Two duplicates up for trade, if anybody fancies Allison or Redemption.

Nor sure if you're willing to trade the Everson book, but if any of my item(s) below would work for you, let me know as I wouldn't mind the trade..

Comment

Working...
                                X