No announcement yet.

Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprising to see the MULTIPLEX anthology is still available some 24 hours later...with all those sigs and the Lansdale connection and the reasonable price point for what it is, I thought it would sell out almost immediately. In contrast, I thought that recent Cisco collection from Centipede would stick around a while, and it sold out within a hour, IIRC. My hunches have been really off the mark lately. Just glad I grabbed MULTIPLEX when I did...I've been anticipating that one for quite some time and would've hated to miss out on it.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Surprising to see the MULTIPLEX anthology is still available some 24 hours later...with all those sigs and the Lansdale connection and the reasonable price point for what it is, I thought it would sell out almost immediately. In contrast, I thought that recent Cisco collection from Centipede would stick around a while, and it sold out within a hour, IIRC. My hunches have been really off the mark lately. Just glad I grabbed MULTIPLEX when I did...I've been anticipating that one for quite some time and would've hated to miss out on it.
      I'm very surprised as well!  Much like yourself, between all those signatures, the Lansdale connection, and then Keene & Golden giving it an extra push to their fanbases, I thought it would sell-out almost instantly, so much so that I kept checking before bed Saturday to be safe and first thing upon waking up Sunday.  Paul's twitter did recently indicate that it is more than three quarters sold-out; so, I would guess a sell-out at some point this week once everyone checks their email from the weekend.  Either way, I'm glad I got my copy pre-ordered.  No way was I missing out on this book!  

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I'm very surprised as well! Much like yourself, between all those signatures, the Lansdale connection, and then Keene & Golden giving it an extra push to their fanbases, I thought it would sell-out almost instantly, so much so that I kept checking before bed Saturday to be safe and first thing upon waking up Sunday. Paul's twitter did recently indicate that it is more than three quarters sold-out; so, I would guess a sell-out at some point this week once everyone checks their email from the weekend. Either way, I'm glad I got my copy pre-ordered. No way was I missing out on this book! Â
        I jumped on this one, but I had to sacrifice something else I was thinking about. That's how it goes sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I jumped on this one, but I had to sacrifice something else I was thinking about. That's how it goes sometimes!
          Totally understand that feeling.  I actually passed on the recent Silverberg book from Centipede to save money for this title.  Really wanted to give that Silverberg book a go, but between the two, I wanted the Drive-In book more (have never actually read anything by Silverberg, but the premise seemed right up my alley).  

Comment

Totally understand that feeling. I actually passed on the recent Silverberg book from Centipede to save money for this title. Really wanted to give that Silverberg book a go, but between the two, I wanted the Drive-In book more (have never actually read anything by Silverberg, but the premise seemed right up my alley). Â
            I had to get that Silverberg...one, I do like his (some of) his work, and, two, like you, the premise seemed right up my alley. I'm not big on SF in general, but true humanistic stuff (or fun ala Scalzi and Weir) really appeals to me...in some ways, this new Silverberg reminds me a bit of Daniel Keyes' FLOWERS FROM ALGERNON in basic theme, and I love FLOWERS.

Comment

As both you and sholloman already stated, I'm surprised that it hasn't sold out either. But, to be honest, I just put my order in for the book, so maybe there are a couple people just lagging behind on getting their orders in. And, for Thunderstorm, this is a very big print run--It just might be their biggest hardcover print run ever; I think the closest is Maelstrom #3 at 333 copies--so a sellout of this size would be pretty awesome.

And, yeah, that Cisco book sold out hecka fast, which took me by surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I've been trying to not play the sacrifice game, but it is getting harder and harder lately with all the books coming out, coupled with the rising prices.

Comment

I, like ya'll, couldn't order the "Drive In" anthology fast enough yesterday morning, as soon as I saw the email. I'm sure it will sell out soon. I don't know that there's been a lot of promotion for it, really (I mean, even Brian Keene failed to mention it in his Sunday email, then had to issue an updated one later- I wonder if people just deleted that one, thinking it was a duplicate).

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                    I, like ya'll, couldn't order the "Drive In" anthology fast enough yesterday morning, as soon as I saw the email. I'm sure it will sell out soon. I don't know that there's been a lot of promotion for it, really (I mean, even Brian Keene failed to mention it in his Sunday email, then had to issue an updated one later- I wonder if people just deleted that one, thinking it was a duplicate).
                    Funny thing about promotion: I opened my copy of new issue of Cemetery Dance magazine yesterday and saw a full-page ad for Drive-In: Multiplex with a preorders starting on 4/9! Talk about truth in advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Funny thing about promotion: I opened my copy of new issue of Cemetery Dance magazine yesterday and saw a full-page ad for Drive-In: Multiplex with a preorders starting on 4/9! Talk about truth in advertising.
                      That's...really remarkable. On a lot of levels.

Comment

I'm very surprised as well!  Much like yourself, between all those signatures, the Lansdale connection, and then Keene & Golden giving it an extra push to their fanbases, I thought it would sell-out almost instantly, so much so that I kept checking before bed Saturday to be safe and first thing upon waking up Sunday.  Paul's twitter did recently indicate that it is more than three quarters sold-out; so, I would guess a sell-out at some point this week once everyone checks their email from the weekend.  Either way, I'm glad I got my copy pre-ordered.  No way was I missing out on this book!  
                        I read it as a pre-order like he's been doing for a few releases this past year where as long as it was ordered before the deadline you were good....I might be wrong there??

Comment

Originally posted by Chuggers View Post

I read it as a pre-order like he's been doing for a few releases this past year where as long as it was ordered before the deadline you were good....I might be wrong there??
                          There are only 350 copies. Once gone, they're gone...no pre-order period to establish the limitation.

Comment

If you can find a reasonably priced copy of the aftermarket, you totally need to remedy this! It's a truly batshit book (in the best way). Not sure what it's going for these days, but that Centipede omnibus edition from a few years back was pretty sweet as it included all the books in one place.
                            I do own the Centipede edition, and I think I may have a paperback of the first (maybe second?) that I was given along with an Landsale auction that I won ages.  So many books; so little time.

Comment

There are only 350 copies. Once gone, they're gone...no pre-order period to establish the limitation.
                              Got it!

Comment

Just received my shipping notice for Dark Kin! Can't wait to see how it turned out! Reminds me that I need to read his new one, The Donut Legion, soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X