Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just got my shipping notice for Bryan Smith's "Kill the Hunter"! Can't wait to check this one out. Hadn't previously heard of it, and there's only a few middling reviews for it on Goodreads; however, generally speaking, I do enjoy Smiths writing; so, I have high hopes for it!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I agree that it is rather pricey. Normally I would probably not go for something like this, but I have a soft spot for Thunderstorm's chapbooks and Elementals series, which this book might not be officially part of either of those lines, it is at least a spiritual cousin.
    I think the Thunderstorm ordering page listed it as a part of the Elemental line from what I remember.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    I'm surprised that the hardcover sold out so quickly. It was a small limitation, but a big price tag on three short stories.

I'm content with my paperback.
    I agree that it is rather pricey. Normally I would probably not go for something like this, but I have a soft spot for Thunderstorm's chapbooks and Elementals series, which this book might not be officially part of either of those lines, it is at least a spiritual cousin.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I'm surprised that the hardcover sold out so quickly. It was a small limitation, but a big price tag on three short stories.

I'm content with my paperback.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    I'm happy with my paperback. Although I did just grab a copy of Suburban Gothic from Vortex.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Well, I already got a reply from Paul at Earthling that the book has sold out through them as well. That's the way it goes sometimes. Looks like I'll just have to keep an eye on the aftermarket.
    Yeah, I didn't even see the newsletter until it had already sold out. Oh well! I do have the softcover copy that came with the Midas bundle, but I haven't looked at it much so far as softcovers aren't really my jam. I was honestly surprised by Earthling's statement of the softcover being nearly impossible to find. 

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm passing on this but it sounds awesome. Best of luck to you.

Â
    Well, I already got a reply from Paul at Earthling that the book has sold out through them as well. That's the way it goes sometimes. Looks like I'll just have to keep an eye on the aftermarket.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I'm passing on this but it sounds awesome. Best of luck to you.

Anybody get in on the hardcover version of FIND THE TORCH offered by Thunderstorm and Earthling? Like an idiot, I missed out on getting a copy from Thunderstorm, so I’m sitting in the Earthling queue with fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Anybody get in on the hardcover version of FIND THE TORCH offered by Thunderstorm and Earthling? Like an idiot, I missed out on getting a copy from Thunderstorm, so I’m sitting in the Earthling queue with fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    I really liked the signature page for the Bedmakers. It was quite interesting.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Congrats. I really wanted to purchase the Lutzke book but timing hasn't been right.

Thanks! It's actually my first read by either Lutzke & Boden and was a pure impulse purchase. I'm hoping that I'll like their style! I figure it's a good bet as I've enjoyed almost everything that I have purchased from Thunderstorm.    

Totally get the timing thing as well. If Bedmakers had been a March pre-order instead of a February pre-order, I would most likely have passed on it. Hope you can snag a copy up the road.  

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats. I really wanted to purchase the Lutzke book but timing hasn't been right.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just received my copies of Kristopher Rufty's "Pillowface Rules", and Chad Lutzke's & John Boden's "The Bedmakers". As always, Thunderstorm did a fantastic job with the production values. The books look amazing. Especially like the signature sheets for each book. They are extremely cool looking!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just received my copies of Kristopher Rufty's "Pillowface Rules", and Chad Lutzke's & John Boden's "The Bedmakers". As always, Thunderstorm did a fantastic job with the production values. The books look amazing. Especially like the signature sheets for each book. They are extremely cool looking!

Leave a comment:

• Boggle Champion
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Yes, for the majority of books, Paul at Thunderstorm pre-releases each month's books to the clubhouse members first. If they do not sell out by a pre-determined date, he then opens it up to the general public. Not sure what Paul uses to determine who he gives access to the clubhouse, but you can always shoot him an email via the contact page to see if he is willing to add you. It looks like most of the March books are being released to the public closer to the end of this month.
    Okay thanks for the info, I'll send him an email! I'm new to Thunderstorm and have only bought a few from them directly, so I may not be a frequent enough buyer yet to get access.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Boggle Champion View Post
    Do clubhouse members get early access to a list of the month's releases?
    Yes, for the majority of books, Paul at Thunderstorm pre-releases each month's books to the clubhouse members first. If they do not sell out by a pre-determined date, he then opens it up to the general public. Not sure what Paul uses to determine who he gives access to the clubhouse, but you can always shoot him an email via the contact page to see if he is willing to add you. It looks like most of the March books are being released to the public closer to the end of this month.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X