No announcement yet.

New Limited Edition of The Shining from Sub Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That cover is a vast improvement over the first one! I'm not in love with it myself, but that's ok. Might be that there is too much blue
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

I don't like anything about it. Not sure of my reasons I just don't

Comment

Come on they even look a little like zombies..
        Originally posted by Teriw View Post
        I don't like anything about it. Not sure of my reasons I just don't

Comment

Teri doesn't like having competition for the "most blue."
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Its just bad art. it doesn't look professional to me.

Comment

I like the cover. I'm glad to see that Jack doesn't looke like Nicholson at all. Of course he does kinda have shades of everyone's favorite serial killer, Dexter.

Comment

The art's beet than it was and it's Chong! And sorry, have never seen Dexter, though I did see the movie Gamer. I'm a Zodiac man myself.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  The art's beet than it was and it's Chong! And sorry, have never seen Dexter, though I did see the movie Gamer. I'm a Zodiac man myself.

Comment

Some of Chong's illustration for the Shining have been released. I like them but am not wowed by them.

I do like this one.

"I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I saw these earlier today. I don't have any issues with the art work. Then again I didn't have any issues with the original artist. Happy to see this book is moving along.

Comment

This is going to be one of those books that I'll have to physically have in my hands before I judge it. At least they're on track though.

Comment

Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
                          This is going to be one of those books that I'll have to physically have in my hands before I judge it. At least they're on track though.
                          I agree. I think that once I have it in hand it might be better to get a feel for the whole presentation. Though I only bought the gift edition so I can imagine the trepidation those who bought the limited and lettered are feeling, especially after seeing the original cover.

Comment

The interior art looks great but i still don't like the cover. the interior makes me wish i ordered the gift...or that I had money to.

Comment

I just ordered the gift edition. I'm not completely convinced on the cover art, but the interior art looks great. I figured I'd regret it if I didn't get it.

Comment

More artwork posted on SubPress site:
                                http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...il/the_shining

Comment

Working...
                                X