Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Very nice to see. Looking forward to this as well.

Comment

Nice art. I'm looking forward to getting this.

Comment

I really don't like the cover art for this book. For me, it just doesn't reflect the evil and sinister nature of The Overlook Hotel.
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

You're right, T-Dog, but Sub Press got the contract for the Limited Edition of my favorite King book. I can't pass it up. But the art is 100x better than what they had orginally intended.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              You're right, T-Dog, but Sub Press got the contract for the Limited Edition of my favorite King book. I can't pass it up. But the art is 100x better than what they had orginally intended.
              Did CD bid on the contract for this book? I am just thinking that although the interior art for the Sub Press edition looks very good, a CD edition would have been the whole package (leather bound instead of cloth, nicer end papers etc) and I am sure, they certainly wouldn't have used the dodgy cover art that Sub Press went with.
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

Brian said that CD did not bid on it.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  Brian said that CD did not bid on it.
                  That's a real shame because a CD edition of The Shining would have looked awesome next to the CD edition of Doctor Sleep. The two books would have had uniform.
                  - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                    That's a real shame because a CD edition of The Shining would have looked awesome next to the CD edition of Doctor Sleep. The two books would have had uniform.
                    They don't exactly put the books up for bids. We asked about Doctor Sleep last year. Sub Press asked about The Shining. King said yes to both proposals.

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Have we heard any update on when this thing will ship? Their website said coming November, but they said a couple of weeks ago that it was off to the printer, so I don't think it can be too much longer.

Comment

Sub.Press is usually pretty close on the publication days. If you look at the list from top to bottom that is usually a good idea of what will be published next. Also you never know how the printing process is going to go. That is where a lot of things get held up.

Comment

Good to know.

I find it really interesting that the gift edition hasn't sold out yet. It has been on sale for quite a while. It isn't that big of a printing, is it?

I think the cover may have turned people off. Alternatively, the price might have. Thoughts?

Comment

The cover probably did. But the original cover had people cancelling orders (it was revealed after the book went on sale). At the same time, the Gift edition of IT: The 25th Ann. Edition was available for quite awhile.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I think it is the combination of the cover art (the original cover art, which prompted some people to cancel their orders), as well as the fact that it is $95 for a gift edition of an older book. IT was even more expensive, but it was also MUCH longer of a book. I also think if Doctor Sleep weren't coming out this year, as well as the releases of the Christine and Pet Semetary limited editions they might have had a more successful time with selling out of the gift edition. Just too many King limited for most collectors I would assume, so people had to choose between them.
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Yea and don't forget Joy Land. Plus all the King related books. Been an expensive year for King collectors. I think Doctor Sleep sold out so fast due to it being the sequel to such a popular book and people really wanting to see what Danny has been up to.

Comment

Working...
                                X