Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kshane
    replied
    I just found the Booklist review for THE BANK. This review is on page 34 of the April 1st 2020 issue of Booklist. blba - Copy.png

Leave a comment:

• James Newman
    replied
    Finally cracked this one open a few days ago and it's classic Little. Diggin' the hell out of it so far . . . .

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I hope Jeff appreciates that Little honor.
    Well, I certainly feel something! Honored is a strange way to describe that feeling though. But if tormenting me brings joy to Little's fans sooner, then I am all for it! We could use a contagion of joy right about now.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Traditionally speaking, trade editions have to be in the warehouse at least a month before the pub date because of the time it takes to get them out to distributors and bookstores to be ready for the pub date. We went ahead and started getting ready to ship preorders early because of the audiobook situation. And for Jeff.
    Well, on behalf of Jeff and everyone else, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I hope Jeff appreciates that Little honor.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    And for Jeff.
    Ha ha!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    So it looks like the print version is getting an early release as well. Was it in part due to the audiobook's early release?

Either way, it's a good time for Jeff to get an order in!
    Traditionally speaking, trade editions have to be in the warehouse at least a month before the pub date because of the time it takes to get them out to distributors and bookstores to be ready for the pub date. We went ahead and started getting ready to ship preorders early because of the audiobook situation. And for Jeff.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Yes, it’s extremely odd, and we’ve emailed Bentley’s agent about why it happened...

Brian
    So it looks like the print version is getting an early release as well. Was it in part due to the audiobook's early release?

Either way, it's a good time for Jeff to get an order in!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    So this got pointed out on the Bentley Little Facebook group (come and join, Jeff), but apparently the audiobook for The Bank came out this week. I know that the audio rights are completely separate from the print rights, but isn't it odd for the audiobook to come out nearly a month before the printed novel?
    Yes, it’s extremely odd, and we’ve emailed Bentley’s agent about why it happened...

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    I believe Overlook stated in a newsletter that they already had copies of If It Bleeds in hand. I scanned over it really quickly so I could be mistaken.
    They said the publisher is shipping to distributors early to allow them time to ship by the 4/28 release date. I assume that several distributors are getting theirs early. Would not be surprised to see some for sale early.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Not sure if this is related but some publishers are moving release dates on things. Stephen Kings If It Bleeds has been moved from 5/5 to 4/28. The Bank may have been moved up but not everyone was in a position to react to the change. Just guessing.
    I believe Overlook stated in a newsletter that they already had copies of If It Bleeds in hand. I scanned over it really quickly so I could be mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    So this got pointed out on the Bentley Little Facebook group (come and join, Jeff), but apparently the audiobook for The Bank came out this week. I know that the audio rights are completely separate from the print rights, but isn't it odd for the audiobook to come out nearly a month before the printed novel?
    Not sure if this is related but some publishers are moving release dates on things. Stephen Kings If It Bleeds has been moved from 5/5 to 4/28. The Bank may have been moved up but not everyone was in a position to react to the change. Just guessing.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Thankfully, with the exception of the Bentley Little limited editions, we're only announcing the Graveyard Editions as we send them to the printer. This saves the wait for people, which is really the problem with a backlog.
    Great way to approach it IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Nice to hear that these will be getting the limited edition treatment. I know the battle with printers and production has been challenging, but I'm looking forward to you guys getting caught up and seeing this come out on a regular basis. The Graveyard Editions are great!
    Thankfully, with the exception of the Bentley Little limited editions, we're only announcing the Graveyard Editions as we send them to the printer. This saves the wait for people, which is really the problem with a backlog.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X