Strange Weather by Joe Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

In this case, more people are pissed about the wait.
    I think customers will be happier to have three signed volumes (containing four signatures! Including Hill's) and one unsigned volume if it means the wait is over and this one artist is no longer holding ~1000 customers hostage. I think we're all aware of the story and who's to blame and if customers cancel their orders over one missing signature from a stubborn artist, then I'm sure CD will have no problem selling those copies to other Hill fans. I seriously doubt this artist is more important than Joe Hill and he's found the time to sign. Really, at this point, that artist's signature is an insult. I don't even want it. Unless the signature sheet comes with an apology from the artist. I'd rather have a blank line.
    This.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

You know I've written a response to you about 4 times now and just can't word it in a way that I like. Ultimately I'll just say that from experience I think you're wrong about what more people would want. Brian and I know our customer base pretty well and the message boards tend to represent a vocal minority.

As for the blame it's definitely not all on this artist either. For example back in May I was still waiting on 2 sig sheets and May isn't all that long ago. So the problem has been sig sheets across the board.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        You know I've written a response to you about 4 times now and just can't word it in a way that I like. Ultimately I'll just say that from experience I think you're wrong about what more people would want. Brian and I know our customer base pretty well and the message boards tend to represent a vocal minority.

As for the blame it's definitely not all on this artist either. For example back in May I was still waiting on 2 sig sheets and May isn't all that long ago. So the problem has been sig sheets across the board.

I'm a inpatient person but I agree with Dan. As long as there is a chance that all four volumes can be signed I will wait. Not happy with the artist but CD can't be blamed.

Comment

To add to this, Brian actually just told me the artist finished signing the sheets today and will be sending them back as soon as they can. It's still a long road to publication from there, especially given the extraordinarily long turnaround times on slipcases right now but things are moving forward again.

Instagram

Comment

Ok. Noted and filed. I was just looking back at all the signed books I've paid for and received since September 19th 2017 and couldn't imagine how one book could be so cursed and thought maybe it would be great to finally have it and read it with or without the signature. If it was Joe's signature that was missing, then yeah I'd vote to wait. But I'm just one customer.

Comment

To add to this, Brian actually just told me the artist finished signing the sheets today and will be sending them back as soon as they can. It's still a long road to publication from there, especially given the extraordinarily long turnaround times on slipcases right now but things are moving forward again.
              great news

Comment

I wasn’t around here when this edition came out for sale. I would definitely be interested in picking up a copy of the signed edition if any extra copies happen to be available at the time of shipment. As far as waiting for the finished product, I agree that as long as everyone intends to do what was promised, I don’t mind waiting even if there are delays. Trust me, I know things can happen in life that can throw things in complete disarray for months (and years). And my experience is that CD has been very forthcoming and honest about delays and that makes me feel more comfortable when situations like this happen. So I’d be willing to wait and again hopefully will get that chance to get a copy.

Comment

Do the only complaints about delays come from the forum, bother here and at TDT?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

In this case, more people are pissed about the wait.
                    I think customers will be happier to have three signed volumes (containing four signatures! Including Hill's) and one unsigned volume if it means the wait is over and this one artist is no longer holding ~1000 customers hostage. I think we're all aware of the story and who's to blame and if customers cancel their orders over one missing signature from a stubborn artist, then I'm sure CD will have no problem selling those copies to other Hill fans. I seriously doubt this artist is more important than Joe Hill and he's found the time to sign. Really, at this point, that artist's signature is an insult. I don't even want it. Unless the signature sheet comes with an apology from the artist. I'd rather have a blank line.
                    I have to disagree. If it could have been signed by all four, I personally, would much prefer to wait rather than have it "incomplete". Let's be honest, this is not likely the copy most customers will read. Likely, most have a trade copy that they have already ready or you can grab a cheap ebook copy. Obviously, everybody would prefer to have every book they order "now", but when it depends on people to sign things, it seems there can easily be time added to the wait. I would still rather wait if there is a chance of getting the signature.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post

I have to disagree. If it could have been signed by all four, I personally, would much prefer to wait rather than have it "incomplete". Let's be honest, this is not likely the copy most customers will read. Likely, most have a trade copy that they have already ready or you can grab a cheap ebook copy. Obviously, everybody would prefer to have every book they order "now", but when it depends on people to sign things, it seems there can easily be time added to the wait. I would still rather wait if there is a chance of getting the signature.
                      No matter, it seems the universe has aligned to make this a retired discussion. Dan said the artist(s) made it to the end of their 1000 signature journey (hopefully intact and able to continue working) and the sheets should be fluttering to CD any day now. To be clear I would also prefer all the signatures promised. But my comment was in the full context of the situation. Having already waited 2 years and 10 1/2 months, I was simply saying that I'd rather have one less signature than a lot more wait. And I'd think that most customers would forgive CD if the books were published without the signature. It's not like they were rushed to publication without giving the process a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Do the only complaints about delays come from the forum, bother here and at TDT?
                        Not all, but the majority. Generally speaking the vast majority of our customers place a order and we never hear anything from them one way or another. Even on the different message boards there's typically only a handful of people who will verbalize a complaint about something.

Instagram

Comment

I was busy watching the Scares That Care Virtual Con over the weekend. Looks like I missed some excitement...........THANK GOD!!!! I guess because I have sooo many books to read that the waiting doesn’t really bother me.

Comment

Done watching this pot boil. It gets here when it gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              Done watching this pot boil. It gets here when it gets here.
                              Yep. I have too many other pots I need to watch boil. I'll put this one on the back-burner.

Comment

hill01photo.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X