Strange Weather by Joe Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

We're rounding out the first quarter of 2022 . . .
    And they in house and ready to start shipping. Yes it has been a long haul but I have and will always trust the good folks at CD to come through.

Comment

Just received my shipping notice! So excited to know that this is on the way!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
        Just received my shipping notice! So excited to know that this is on the way!
        Just received mine as well! Hard to believe it's on its way, but very exciting to see that tracking number, makes it feel real.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I somehow missed this one in 2017. Wonder if I commented anywhere in this thread about it? LOL

Kind of wish I would have bought this.

Congrats to everyone who is getting one of these. It sounds like a very nice set.

Dan Hocker Any extras laying around?
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            I somehow missed this one in 2017. Wonder if I commented anywhere in this thread about it? LOL

Kind of wish I would have bought this.

Congrats to everyone who is getting one of these. It sounds like a very nice set.

Dan Hocker Any extras laying around?
            I think we have a couple of extras. Email Mindy [email protected] she can take care of you if we do.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              Hi Dan, Sorry to bug you. Question. I've been checking the tracking number for my copy of Strange Weather since 04/07; however, the status still shows as "label created/USPS awaiting the item". Can you confirm if the books have been shipped yet or was this a case of the tracking numbers being created beforehand? Hope I'm not jumping the gun too much. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comment

I think the warehouse crew printed all the shipping labels at once this time instead of as they went. So it may take a little while for your tracking to show movement.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

My copy finally showed acceptance on the 15th - so 8 days after the label was created.

Patience my friend! We've waited seven and a half years for this; a few more days won't hurt.

Comment

Tracking indicates that my copy will arrive today! Am keeping a third eye on the mailbox.

Comment

Just received my copy today and am over the moon. Am so happy to finally have this in hand and to be able to cross this pre-order off of my "pending" list! Am also very glad that the slipcase didn't end up too tight as I like to wrap my books in mylar covers before shelving. This slipcase should allow for that which is great news! All in all, a great way to start my week!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        Tracking indicates that my copy will arrive today! Am keeping a third eye on the mailbox.
                        Mine arrived today and looks great. I plan to feature pics of it on Twitter tomorrow, if anyone is interested in seeing some glamour shots of this beautiful set.

Comment

My copy arrived yesterday. I feel fortunate it was safe because the packing materials were pretty negligible - two crumpled up pieces of kraft paper.

It is a beautiful set, and it's nice to have my oldest pre-order off my list. The dates only move up a few months since now my oldest pre-order is from September of 2017 instead of April.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            My copy arrived yesterday. I feel fortunate it was safe because the packing materials were pretty negligible - two crumpled up pieces of kraft paper.

It is a beautiful set, and it's nice to have my oldest pre-order off my list. The dates only move up a few months since now my oldest pre-order is from September of 2017 instead of April.
                            Yeah, my copy arrived with the same paper as packing materials.

It must be magic paper because mine held up perfectly as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Yeah, my copy arrived with the same paper as packing materials.

It must be magic paper because mine held up perfectly as well!
                              Yeah, I was a little distressed to see that minimal packing as well, but the bumping around it surely did in the box didn’t seem to have hurt it any, thankfully.

For those interested in shots of the set, here’s today’s Tweet:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...vAopR0PheRMEbQ

Comment

I received my STRANGE WEATHER set the other day, and was glad to finally see it. It's really a very nicely done set- even better than I expected, honestly. Certainly a larger trim size. A couple of things:

The slipcase is VERY loose. I haven't Brodarted the books yet, and am hoping that'll make it a bit better fit, but there is quite a bit of room to make up. Has anyone put covers on each volume? Is it still loose or just right?

I wasn't as worked up about the lateness of this set as some others (with our beloved CD- I know the books will come, eventually, and if I'm ever tired of waiting- I know a quick refund will be granted. I don't fault others for feeling differently for good money paid and expecting timely delivery, but that is how I roll with CD. Usually. Not to say I never grow impatient: I have no idea how long I waited for the PRINCE OF STORIES Gaiman book, but when it finally arrived I took one look at it and threw it in the "To Bookstore For Credit" box- I had already read the trade edition twice! But, I digress), and I lost the plot on what the holdup was on this. I know it was one of the artists' dragging their feet on either the art or the sig sheets, and there were some folks here saying to just produce it without the signature (or the art?), but- it seems that there is art- and an artist signature in all four volumes, so my question is: what happened exactly? Just for posterity. The books are here, they are all signed and beautiful... I still don't know what happened exactly. In the back of my mind I was expecting there to be something... lacking, but I can't find it. Can anyone illuminate?

Anyway, it must be said that CD produced a really neat set of books for this title. I know it took forever, but I'm glad to have them on my shelves.
                                Last edited by swintek; 04-21-2022, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X