Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Wow, even the lettered is sold out! Congrats CD!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks very cool, Brian! That's a huge incentive for the CDCC crowd. I also noticed with this latest announcement; the order window is 72 hours vs 48. Is that a permanent change as well moving forward?
    Yep. CDCC coupon codes will now be valid for 72 hours or while supplies last.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    One week, I believe. One of the requests in our survey of CDCC 7 members was more time between the advance notice and the public one, and while we usually won't be able to wait a week, we wanted to hold off as long as possible for this one as a way of thanking everyone who has joined the CDCC.

Brian
    Thanks very cool, Brian! That's a huge incentive for the CDCC crowd. I also noticed with this latest announcement; the order window is 72 hours vs 48. Is that a permanent change as well moving forward?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    What? Two weeks, if that, between the early CDCC announcement and the public one?
    One week, I believe. One of the requests in our survey of CDCC 7 members was more time between the advance notice and the public one, and while we usually won't be able to wait a week, we wanted to hold off as long as possible for this one as a way of thanking everyone who has joined the CDCC.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    And they're gone...
    What? Two weeks, if that, between the early CDCC announcement and the public one?

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    948 for the limited plus 52 for the lettered = 1,000 editions

That's generally how the print runs go. Contracts are typically negotiated for a total number of books, that total number than dictates the number of each edition.
    Makes sense. As usual, I asked a question before actually putting any thought behind it.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    If anyone missed out, Sub Press have some copies: http://subterraneanpress.com/strange-weather-chance
    And they're gone...

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    That Sub Press Green Mile set is really nice! I owned it at one time. I'm glad that Joe finally gets the CD treatment. Long time coming.

Brian or Dan. How come such an odd number to the limited at 948? I agree, Martin. I'd been all over the lettered too at $500.
    948 for the limited plus 52 for the lettered = 1,000 editions

That's generally how the print runs go. Contracts are typically negotiated for a total number of books, that total number than dictates the number of each edition.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    If anyone missed out, Sub Press have some copies: http://subterraneanpress.com/strange-weather-chance

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    $500 would've been in my range as well. As far as the print run, it's probably the agreement for 1000 copies, 52 for the lettered leaves 948 for the limited.
    Ah, gotcha.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    That Sub Press Green Mile set is really nice! I owned it at one time. I'm glad that Joe finally gets the CD treatment. Long time coming.

Brian or Dan. How come such an odd number to the limited at 948? I agree, Martin. I'd been all over the lettered too at $500.
    $500 would've been in my range as well. As far as the print run, it's probably the agreement for 1000 copies, 52 for the lettered leaves 948 for the limited.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    This is my first CDCC purchase and I'm very excited about it. I am enjoying Joe Hill's work more and more, having read/listened to all of the novels and currently working my way through Locke and Key (WTL and HG completed - waiting on delivery for the others).
    This will be my first limited Hill, and I love the separate volumes idea. The Subpress Green Mile is probably on top of my wishlist at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• HumphreyBear
    replied
    This is my first CDCC purchase and I'm very excited about it. I am enjoying Joe Hill's work more and more, having read/listened to all of the novels and currently working my way through Locke and Key (WTL and HG completed - waiting on delivery for the others).
    This will be my first limited Hill, and I love the separate volumes idea. The Subpress Green Mile is probably on top of my wishlist at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Though Joe Hill has been pretty hit-or-miss for me (loved Heart-Shaped Box, mixed bag on 20th Century Ghosts, and ultimately did not like Horns), I jumped on this one with the CDCC email. I love the idea of the individual books for each story in a slipcase. I was hoping that the lettered would be in my price range, but at a $1000, it isn't.

Congratulations on the sell out of the limited!
    If the lettered had been in the $500 range I would have gone for it. I am thrilled to have the limited though!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    When they announced this earlier this year I kind of thought this was the route they were going. I ordered it last week with the cdcc advanced notice. One of the best perks of the club. Congratulations on the quick sell out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X