CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I had to read it half a dozen times before I understood what it was.

Ultimately I decided to pass - some things have changed financially this week (we went through another huge round of layoffs at work AND then those that are left are having to take a mandatory furlough day once a week for the next three to six months - yay 20% paycut!)
    That sucks. Anything else worth looking at in the job market? Might be a good time to jump ship!

I went for the offer too, although it also took me a few minutes to figure out exactly what it meant

We also have layoffs at work, although it's more of the nibbling away kind of layoffs - one or two people at a time, no warning. They're trying to outsource us to India. The software I work on has an 85% market share, and contains around 20 million lines of code. Sending it to India is like selling Ferraris and then having them serviced at Jiffy Lube. But hey, the CEO is doing ok!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      Anyone else take up the current CDCC offer?
      Yes. I love this and was a part of this before and am happy to see it back.

Comment

I jumped on this immediately. Along with the Camelot sale, and another private deal I have going, I have just spent a lot of money.
        I need to stop now.

Comment

I had to pass on everything because of other book obligations, Christmas, dentist Appts and life in general lol!!! I hope you all get something great!! Jason and Dave hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
            I had to read it half a dozen times before I understood what it was.

Ultimately I decided to pass - some things have changed financially this week (we went through another huge round of layoffs at work AND then those that are left are having to take a mandatory furlough day once a week for the next three to six months - yay 20% paycut!)
            I hope things work out well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I hope things work out well for you.
              Thank you! We have plans to replace the loss in income, and I think it'll be fine in the end, it just sucks (yay holidays!)

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              I had to pass on everything because of other book obligations, Christmas, dentist Appts and life in general lol!!! I hope you all get something great!! Jason and Dave hang in there.
              Thanks - I'm pretty confident things will work out - I have flexibility to adapt which is always a good things.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
              That sucks. Anything else worth looking at in the job market? Might be a good time to jump ship!
              Sadly, the downtimes is impacting all of my industry (I work in the mortgage industry - but I'm a supervisor in IT so it's slightly different) so there isn't a lot of places that do what I do. And I have a feeling that if things get worse, I'll be forced to cut someone before my job would be in jeopardy.

Comment

That sucks big time. We just had a huge round of layoffs in September. 450 people were laid off. I work in the facilities department and they did a number on it. Seems the tech industry is also going through a down time right now. I hope this work out for you sooner then later.

Comment

I went for it as I feel it takes the place of the gift cards that CDCC members got for 50% off. I would buy one for $500 and pay $250. This is really a little bit better than that.

Comment

Between the gift certificate and this offer, I'm good with CD purchases for 2019.

Comment

I'm in on this offer as well. I've took advantage of this offer when it was last offered and really liked it so I'm happy that it has returned.

It was a tough weekend of choices, though. Between this offer, Camelot Book's 50% Off sale, and the Elric books being offered by Centipede, something had to give. I settled on this as my main choice and had to let the Camelot sale pass me by.

Comment

I purchased into this. My plan is to only spend the certificates in 2019 and let my pre-orders and that suffice. Well that is the plan anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          I purchased into this. My plan is to only spend the certificates in 2019 and let my pre-orders and that suffice. Well that is the plan anyway.
                          I think a few of us have the same plan. But like you hinted at .................probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            I think a few of us have the same plan. But like you hinted at .................probably not.
                            Just wish they would tell us when the money will be credited to our account. Seems to me it should be the same each month, but hey, who knows?

Comment

I didn't think I'd be able to swing it but received good news from work that I'll be gainfully employed for the foreseeable future. I don't make many direct purchases from CD so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out for me. I was really surprised that a slot was still available as of late Monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                I didn't think I'd be able to swing it but received good news from work that I'll be gainfully employed for the foreseeable future. I don't make many direct purchases from CD so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out for me. I was really surprised that a slot was still available as of late Monday night.
                                Congrats on keeping the job!

Comment

Working...
                                X