X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    CDCC note inbound...

this one is kinda shameless self promotion
    Best of luck with the sale, Dan. I know a guy that knows a guy if you need help shipping these out

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      CDCC note inbound...

this one is kinda shameless self promotion
      It is a beautiful item at a nice price but I am not sure what I would do with it. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        It is a beautiful item at a nice price but I am not sure what I would do with it. Good luck with the sale.
        They're small enough to be "shelf decoration". The one's I've got planned for Salem's Lot and Shining have a little more broad appeal.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Anyone else take up the current CDCC offer?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            yessiree

Comment

Yup

Comment

Thank you both for validating my purchasing decisions/enabling my addiction.

Comment

I somehow missed the email. I did see your post and was able to purchase the deal. Thanks, Jeff. You are more than just a pretty face.

Comment

I had to read it half a dozen times before I understood what it was.

Ultimately I decided to pass - some things have changed financially this week (we went through another huge round of layoffs at work AND then those that are left are having to take a mandatory furlough day once a week for the next three to six months - yay 20% paycut!)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

Ultimately I decided to pass - some things have changed financially this week (we went through another huge round of layoffs at work AND then those that are left are having to take a mandatory furlough day once a week for the next three to six months - yay 20% paycut!)
                      Damn! I'm so sorry for the hardship. Survivor guilt and paycuts are horrible right around the holidays. Do you have any interesting books you'd like to sell to offset the dent in your income?

Comment

And yeah, I kept looking for the bottom line in the offer. Something that clearly and concisely summed up the value ("You'll get XXX number of dollars in value for buying today!"). Instead I had to do math. Once I have to do math--even simple math--I begin to question what I'm getting. My brain wonders: "Are they trying to hide the value? Am I really getting what I think I'm getting?" Because I don't trust my powers of reasoning and math. But I do trust my ability to fall into bad deals because I'm gullible. All of this is not a bad reflection on CD--just an insight into my paranoia and low self-regard. I trust CD--not myself.

Comment

Damn! I'm so sorry for the hardship. Survivor guilt and paycuts are horrible right around the holidays. Do you have any interesting books you'd like to sell to offset the dent in your income?
                          There's more playing into it than just the cut in hours/income (I can offset lost wages by using my PTO - but that would mean I can't get sick (I do have ability to work from home so that's something) or take a vacation) but it sounds like we will move in with wife's mom. Save us rent and utilities, and cut my four a day commute time in half.

If push comes to shove - I could sell my Suntup Misery and live like a kind for a little while.

Comment

And yeah, I kept looking for the bottom line in the offer. Something that clearly and concisely summed up the value ("You'll get XXX number of dollars in value for buying today!"). Instead I had to do math. Once I have to do math--even simple math--I begin to question what I'm getting. My brain wonders: "Are they trying to hide the value? Am I really getting what I think I'm getting?" Because I don't trust my powers of reasoning and math. But I do trust my ability to fall into bad deals because I'm gullible. All of this is not a bad reflection on CD--just an insight into my paranoia and low self-regard. I trust CD--not myself.
                            I think what confused me was the how the benefit worked because the benefit was the same as the freebie bonus - just confused myself repeatedly.

There was still a lot of temptation - like there's there's still temptation about that damn Misery paperweight - and now Camelot's sale - but I just can't do it. Be hard to explain.

Comment

Oops, that’s my fault! I usually include a line that does the math but I totally forgot. I’m out of the house right now, but will fix tonight!
                              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Pretty much passed for the same reason, Jason although hopefully my situation will be nowhere near as bad as yours. I should know by the middle of next week. Best of luck to you during the lean times.

Comment

Working...
                                X