Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    So true, Brian.
    But, as a couple of days ago I had vowed not to buy another limited edition for at least half a year (ouch!) I managed, mind you, barely, to delete the announcement without biting.
    LOVED the edition offered here, but it's a no-sale for now.

sk
    That's great, Siep! that you're able to stick with your goal. I'm eternally weak, my friend, I'm afraid to say. Love the little play on words there. I won't point it out as to not give anything away .

Comment

Originally posted by ruderabbit View Post
      How long have you been collecting now? Still a fairly recent thing yes? Mostly King and Cemetery Dance if I'm not mistaken.

Those are pretty good items to focus on. It gets very easy to get caught up in other publishers, other authors, maybe just that new line of books from that start-up I just heard about. Or, god forbid, you start collecting the back list from a group of small press publishers. An oh-so slippery slope. I've been catching up on the backlist from Cemetery Dance for over a decade now. While at the same time buying everything from Thunderstorm Books, the backlist of Ash-Tree Press, Arkham House, Fedogan & Bremer, Chizine Press in hardcover, Earthling Publications, White Noise, Everything from authors Brian Lumley, Douglas Clegg, Ray Garton, J F Gonzalez, Sarah Pinborough, Elizabeth Massie, Tom Piccirilli, Brian Keene. Staying current with all the fantasy/horror authors I like, Brandon Sanderson, Tim Lebbon, James A Moore, Patrick Rothfuss, and George RR Martin. Although admittedly its easy keeping up with Rothfuss and Martin. I also feed my wifes book collecting habit, thank goodness she doesnt always have to have the limited editions, but she has almost as many books as I do. Her graphic novel collection is awesome.

Oh look....something sparkly

What was I saying?
      Are you me?

For real though, that's how I go about it, though with a slightly different set of publishers and authors. Hell, I've even plugged a few holes in my collection from your eBay auctions .

Comment

The offer today is an easy pass for me as I find this author unreadable.

Comment

Who said, Brian, I was able to stick to my goal???
          For now I did, but six months is an awfully long time.
          Of course, I made one exception to this self imposed book-buying ban: anything by King will be an instant buy for me.
          (Thinking of the upcoming King Doubleday edition...or maybe even a lettered PS 'Salem's Lot.....)

sk

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
            Just wondering why no lettered edition for new announcement for CDCC 6 members. I did order the signed limited w/slipcase. Can't wait!
            We're not sure yet if we'll be producing a Lettered Edition for this one, so stay tuned!
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              My lord, that's an impressive list of books to trying to keep up with! I have tried to remain focused on certain goals, but like many others I get easily distracted by the new and shiny. I'd buy more, but unfortunately, I have a fairly strict budget I have to remain within. This has caused me to have to cut back on some books by Thunderstorm and others. I've also been leaning towards getting some more lettered editions, so that drastically cuts into my budget as well.

Has Chizine stopped making limited editions? I haven't' seen anything from them in that format in a while. If so, that kinda bums me out as I think that they put out some rather interesting fiction. And while I still go through my fair share of paperbacks, I would almost always prefer a limited.
              I had a running order for the hardcovers through a online store called The Horror Mall, which became the one stop horror bookstore after Shocklines went out of business. Both have gone the way of the dodo.

I still find ones I don't already own on ebay occasionally. Not sure if they are still producing them...I will find out.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                Are you me?

For real though, that's how I go about it, though with a slightly different set of publishers and authors. Hell, I've even plugged a few holes in my collection from your eBay auctions .
                I thought I had recognized yourself and a few others here. I've just gotten back into selling after about a year or so hiatus.

I forgot to add a few other publishers on that list, but those are mostly complete at this time.

I'm going to have to start a collection/picture thread one of these days.

Rock On,

~Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  The offer today is an easy pass for me as I find this author unreadable.
                  Purely a collection piece for me, Martin. I know, blasphemous around these parts .

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                  Who said, Brian, I was able to stick to my goal???
                  For now I did, but six months is an awfully long time.
                  Of course, I made one exception to this self imposed book-buying ban: anything by King will be an instant buy for me.
                  (Thinking of the upcoming King Doubleday edition...or maybe even a lettered PS 'Salem's Lot.....)

sk
                  Wow, Siep! That's a big ticket item no doubt. Plus you do have your GCs for such exceptions .

Comment

Originally posted by ruderabbit View Post
                    I still find ones I don't already own on ebay occasionally. Not sure if they are still producing them...I will find out.
                    ChiZine stopped producing hardcovers a few years back. I found it disappointing, as they produced a really nice product, but I guess the money wasn't there for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      Wow, Siep! That's a big ticket item no doubt. Plus you do have your GCs for such exceptions .
                      True - that helps a lot.
                      Plus the fact I pre-ordered all of the CD Doubleday Artist Editions when the offer was made.

But that 'Salem's Lot lettered really whet my appetite.
                      I passed on the Carrie: wasn't even tempted. (Love the photos that recently were posted here though).
                      Passed on Lot as well, but now I wish I hadn't.

I'm just curious: the lettered Skeleton Crew (PS) is already spoken for. I don't think there are any copies left for anyone not owning the lettered Thinner.
                      But what about the upcoming lettered Shining? I have no idea how many will be left for the general public.
                      At least, I assume first rights go the the owners of the previous Doubleday lettereds??

sk

Comment

Purely a collection piece for me, Martin. I know, blasphemous around these parts .

I am sure I am in the minority with my opinion of that writer and I will not purchase a book to collect that I have tried to read and couldn't get through.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          I am sure I am in the minority with my opinion of that writer and I will not purchase a book to collect that I have tried to read and couldn't get through.
                          I get and can respect that.

Comment

I missed the chance to preorder all the AEs. You don't have to reveal any details but was it a nice little price break or just straight preorders of each edition?

Comment

I missed the chance to preorder all the AEs. You don't have to reveal any details but was it a nice little price break or just straight preorders of each edition?
                              CARRIE, 'SALEM'S LOT, THE SHINING, NIGHT SHIFT, THE STAND, and PET SEMATARY as a set with the cost averaging out as if you paid the CARRIE retail price for each book -- so you save on every book after CARRIE and really get a pretty good deal when we get to THE STAND!

Brian
                              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                                CARRIE, 'SALEM'S LOT, THE SHINING, NIGHT SHIFT, THE STAND, and PET SEMATARY as a set with the cost averaging out as if you paid the CARRIE retail price for each book -- so you save on every book after CARRIE and really get a pretty good deal when we get to THE STAND!

Brian
                                And you don't have to think about when each will be offered or request the same number with each order. Just knowing that they are coming and you are getting one is great!

Comment

Working...
                                X