• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruderabbit View Post
    Oh look, something sparkly
    Exactly.

Comment

Wait, wait, wait, just a gosh darn minute!

We have to have focus and goals....what the hell?!?

You're telling me I've been doing this shit wrong for fifteen years now.

Now they freakin tell me. Four thousand some odd books later....JFC on a stick.

Ha!

~Mark
      Originally posted by Martin View Post
      In my case I have them but fail to stick to them. I am solidly focused on my goal until I get the CDCC email, then I am like puppy who spotted a butterfly!
      Oh look, something sparkly
      Ditto, my friends, Ditto. Ok, Mark. I don't feel so bad now about an impulse buy and there lol.

Comment

I was very good and passed on all three offers. It's easy when you work long days and don't check email for a few days. Wasn't as upset about missing out on the offers as I might have been a few years ago. Still love collecting limited editions but am limiting the authors I get right now.

Comment

Exactly.
          Sparkly objects, string, signed limited, signed lettered, artist edition, its all the same thing...gotta have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            Ditto, my friends, Ditto. Ok, Mark. I don't feel so bad now about an impulse buy and there lol.

How long have you been collecting now? Still a fairly recent thing yes? Mostly King and Cemetery Dance if I'm not mistaken.

Those are pretty good items to focus on. It gets very easy to get caught up in other publishers, other authors, maybe just that new line of books from that start-up I just heard about. Or, god forbid, you start collecting the back list from a group of small press publishers. An oh-so slippery slope. I've been catching up on the backlist from Cemetery Dance for over a decade now. While at the same time buying everything from Thunderstorm Books, the backlist of Ash-Tree Press, Arkham House, Fedogan & Bremer, Chizine Press in hardcover, Earthling Publications, White Noise, Everything from authors Brian Lumley, Douglas Clegg, Ray Garton, J F Gonzalez, Sarah Pinborough, Elizabeth Massie, Tom Piccirilli, Brian Keene. Staying current with all the fantasy/horror authors I like, Brandon Sanderson, Tim Lebbon, James A Moore, Patrick Rothfuss, and George RR Martin. Although admittedly its easy keeping up with Rothfuss and Martin. I also feed my wifes book collecting habit, thank goodness she doesnt always have to have the limited editions, but she has almost as many books as I do. Her graphic novel collection is awesome.

Oh look....something sparkly

What was I saying?

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              I was very good and passed on all three offers. It's easy when you work long days and don't check email for a few days. Wasn't as upset about missing out on the offers as I might have been a few years ago. Still love collecting limited editions but am limiting the authors I get right now.
              Good for you! At least someone in the CD family has a tad bit of willpower left in 'em

Sparkly objects, string, signed limited, signed lettered, artist edition, its all the same thing...gotta have it.
              String?! Where, where?! I love that crow LOL.

How long have you been collecting now? Still a fairly recent thing yes? Mostly King and Cemetery Dance if I'm not mistaken.

Those are pretty good items to focus on. It gets very easy to get caught up in other publishers, other authors, maybe just that new line of books from that start-up I just heard about. Or, god forbid, you start collecting the back list from a group of small press publishers. An oh-so slippery slope. I've been catching up on the backlist from Cemetery Dance for over a decade now. While at the same time buying everything from Thunderstorm Books, the backlist of Ash-Tree Press, Arkham House, Fedogan & Bremer, Chizine Press in hardcover, Earthling Publications, White Noise, Everything from authors Brian Lumley, Douglas Clegg, Ray Garton, J F Gonzalez, Sarah Pinborough, Elizabeth Massie, Tom Piccirilli, Brian Keene. Staying current with all the fantasy/horror authors I like, Brandon Sanderson, Tim Lebbon, James A Moore, Patrick Rothfuss, and George RR Martin. Although admittedly its easy keeping up with Rothfuss and Martin. I also feed my wifes book collecting habit, thank goodness she doesnt always have to have the limited editions, but she has almost as many books as I do. Her graphic novel collection is awesome.

What was I saying?
              Very true, Mark. I'm still very, very much in the humble beginnings of my collecting. But, I can see how easily it can be to amass a large number of books. Especially if you're running off a backlist of so many publishers and authors such as yourself. I have several series going which my OCD just loves the thought of. Still plenty of King to get caught up on as well so that will keep me busy for years. Not so much working from a backlist but I did just recently start collecting White Noise chaps starting with the bluebird one I believe. Keith hooked me up with the #8 . I'm also hoping to establish a number with CD so I can match it moving forward with limiteds that are offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                Good for you! At least someone in the CD family has a tad bit of willpower left in 'em

String?! Where, where?! I love that crow LOL.

Very true, Mark. I'm still very, very much in the humble beginnings of my collecting. But, I can see how easily it can be to amass a large number of books. Especially if you're running off a backlist of so many publishers and authors such as yourself. I have several series going which my OCD just loves the thought of. Still plenty of King to get caught up on as well so that will keep me busy for years. Not so much working from a backlist but I did just recently start collecting White Noise chaps starting with the bluebird one I believe. Keith hooked me up with the #8 . I'm also hoping to establish a number with CD so I can match it moving forward with limiteds that are offered.
                Mindy is very helpful in matching up numbers for Cemetery Dance books!

Comment

I'm in for all three of the current CDCC offers. I love the inclusion of more slipcases, especially if a lettered edition isn't being produced. It's a nice way of upgrading a book without breaking the bank.

Comment

What was I saying?
                    My lord, that's an impressive list of books to trying to keep up with! I have tried to remain focused on certain goals, but like many others I get easily distracted by the new and shiny. I'd buy more, but unfortunately, I have a fairly strict budget I have to remain within. This has caused me to have to cut back on some books by Thunderstorm and others. I've also been leaning towards getting some more lettered editions, so that drastically cuts into my budget as well.

Has Chizine stopped making limited editions? I haven't' seen anything from them in that format in a while. If so, that kinda bums me out as I think that they put out some rather interesting fiction. And while I still go through my fair share of paperbacks, I would almost always prefer a limited.

Comment

Mindy is very helpful in matching up numbers for Cemetery Dance books!
                      She told me that they do their best for sure. I'm still waiting on a preorder to find out what my number may be. I requested the lowest number possible as I don't really have a specific number in mind. Once it arrives, I'll response to the other numerous preorders requesting said number . I'm sure Mindy will love that lol.

Comment

I haven't even thought about trying to get matching numbers for ALL my CD books. I do with certain sets (Bentley Little, Doubleday Years, etc), but overall I never really thought about it. I might look back some day and wish that I had.

Comment

Just wondering why no lettered edition for new announcement for CDCC 6 members. I did order the signed limited w/slipcase. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            I haven't even thought about trying to get matching numbers for ALL my CD books. I do with certain sets (Bentley Little, Doubleday Years, etc), but overall I never really thought about it. I might look back some day and wish that I had.
                            I'm so late to the game that there's no way I could ever get all the back titles to match up. I'm good with giving it a good moving forward though. Most of my Novella Series match starting with like book #13 forward I believe and all my Signature Series match. I had to get those from outside sources of course but have the rights for future editions from said sources. My Doubleday AEs will match and I'll be matching my Tabitha King lettereds.

Comment

Well, yet another announcement today for a new limited slipcased lol. You guys are killing me, Brian! Hopefully the announcement today will only be one of many from this particular author. I must say though, I really, really like the direction you guys are headed in with these limiteds of late. Very reasonably priced for the everyday Joe such as myself and very collectable. If there ever was a time to be a part of the CDCC; that time is now, my friends.

Comment

So true, Brian.
                                But, as a couple of days ago I had vowed not to buy another limited edition for at least half a year (ouch!) I managed, mind you, barely, to delete the announcement without biting.
                                LOVED the edition offered here, but it's a no-sale for now.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X