No announcement yet.

CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No email for me either. However I did get my trade paperback edition of Shivers 8 in the mail today.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      No email for me either. However I did get my trade paperback edition of Shivers 8 in the mail today.
      Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
        Dan told me something like 50% of the current members were NOT going to get the note due to already having the item(s) on order, so yeah, most of you are ahead of the curve.
        I understand the rationale behind this, Brian, but I'm not really happy with this decision. The same thing happened about half a year ago, when a similar offer was sent, but not to those who already had part of this offer on order. I missed out, but fortunately Mindy came to the rescue.
        It should not be up to CD to sort of serve as the protector of our bank accounts. I keep track of what I ordered quite well (have around 15 CD pre-orders as we speak) and expect others to do the same.

I truly hope this has been the last time only a percentage of the CDCC receive a special offer.

Siep

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          I understand the rationale behind this, Brian, but I'm not really happy with this decision. The same thing happened about half a year ago, when a similar offer was sent, but not to those who already had part of this offer on order. I missed out, but fortunately Mindy came to the rescue.
          It should not be up to CD to sort of serve as the protector of our bank accounts. I keep track of what I ordered quite well (have around 15 CD pre-orders as we speak) and expect others to do the same.

I truly hope this has been the last time only a percentage of the CDCC receive a special offer.

Siep
          couldn't agree more.

Comment

Siep
            I understand your frustrations, but this really isn't about protecting your back accounts. It's actually much more about that hassle that is returns and refunds. All those people that end up with more than 1 don't just suck it up and keep it (which honestly would be just as bad for other reasons) they ultimately return their extra copies. Which is basically just a waste of everyone's time and money. On top of that it can also lead to people not even having the opportunity to buys a copy for themselves because a bunch of people have multiple copies on order they don't really want. So I understand your frustration, but I think we're unlikely to change how we do this.

I remember your frustrations, which is why I posted here and said I'd let people know what the offer was if they didn't get the note. That said everything that was in this offer will be offered again at some point, this isn't something that if you missed out on this offer that it means you missed out on it for good.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I under your frustration too, Siep and agree that folks should keep better account of their orders. I'm not sure if the order history here on the site is of to any help to anyone as a rarely check that. I have an email folder for pretty much all the folks I do business with so no need to reference an account history. Also, it makes things a lot easier on both parties when you can just reply to the confirmation email.

I can see where it would be very frustrating on CD's part to deal with a bunch of returns or refunds. I don't think anyone of us would want to deal with that if it were our business. And to echo Dan, he did offer to tell folks what was going on it they asked via PM.

I did receive the offer but I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll jump on it or not. I need to try and remain focused on my collecting goals, which I'm horrible at. Figure I'll give it a few more days and maybe the decision will be made for me.

Comment

The order history for the site only goes back so far. I believe as far as the last system upgrade. It is a great tool to use and I do go back and check it from time to time. Especially on preorder books from other publishers. I don't have a problem with not receiving an email for a book that I probably have already ordered. Saves me time and money. I am curious about the offer but not enough to have to know what it is. Sometimes the less I know the better ........Especially for my wallet.

Comment

Too add to this, it takes a certain set of kinda rare occurrences for this way to cause someone to miss out on something they wanted. It's a lot easier for us to take care of the very few people this might effect on the back end then it is to deal with a large number of returns. And to be clear, we've been sending notes this way since we started sending these types of notes, since before the CDCC even existed. I can probably count on my fingers the number of times there's been an issue because of it, Siep's being one of those times.

Instagram

Comment

Dan/Brian. Will you guys be offering Joe Hill's Full Throttle S/L from Sub Press?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      Dan/Brian. Will you guys be offering Joe Hill's Full Throttle S/L from Sub Press?
                      Not sure yet, but I will be asking. It sounds amazing!
                      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                        Not sure yet, but I will be asking. It sounds amazing!
                        Thanks!

Comment

Man you guys gobbled that offer up. We pulled it a bit early so we wouldn't oversell, if any of you missed it and want one send me an email and I should be able to hook you up. I've got maybe 10 left.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            Man you guys gobbled that offer up. We pulled it a bit early so we wouldn't oversell, if any of you missed it and want one send me an email and I should be able to hook you up. I've got maybe 10 left.
                            Glad to say I already had this. Congratulations to those who will be adding it to their shelves!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              I understand your frustrations, but this really isn't about protecting your back accounts. It's actually much more about that hassle that is returns and refunds. All those people that end up with more than 1 don't just suck it up and keep it (which honestly would be just as bad for other reasons) they ultimately return their extra copies. Which is basically just a waste of everyone's time and money. On top of that it can also lead to people not even having the opportunity to buys a copy for themselves because a bunch of people have multiple copies on order they don't really want. So I understand your frustration, but I think we're unlikely to change how we do this.

I remember your frustrations, which is why I posted here and said I'd let people know what the offer was if they didn't get the note. That said everything that was in this offer will be offered again at some point, this isn't something that if you missed out on this offer that it means you missed out on it for good.
                              I do hear what you're saying, and can't blame you for going about it this way, but it does leave me frustrated. Later this year, after the publication of Night Shift, The Stand will go general. Will (certain) members of the CDCC (again) be notified first or will the announcement go wide right away, because the CDCC already had first dibs? And if this first goes to the CDCC, how can I make sure I'll be notified as well?

sk

Comment

I do hear what you're saying, and can't blame you for going about it this way, but it does leave me frustrated. Later this year, after the publication of Night Shift, The Stand will go general. Will (certain) members of the CDCC (again) be notified first or will the announcement go wide right away, because the CDCC already had first dibs? And if this first goes to the CDCC, how can I make sure I'll be notified as well?

sk
                                Honestly I have no idea. It's been too long that I can't remember what we did with Night Shift. My guess is that the CDCC will still get advanced notice, as by that time it will be a new CDCC. We're on CDCC 9 now and it rolls over to 10 in September (I think). I'll probably post here like I did before.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X