Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Sent out the link for the next mug today.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received my out of print grab bag today and I did pretty well:
    Signed limited of Douglas Clegg's Isis. I just received the Lettered in a different grab bag. I started reading that copy but will switch to this one.
    Signed PC of Graham Masterson's Cheeseboy. This is a duplicate it will go to Powell's for trade (When they re-open)
    Signed PC of Thrillers Edited by Richard Chizmar (Signed by Rex Miller, Nancy A Collins, Chet Williamson, Ardath Mayhar, Richard T Chizmar, Joe R Lansdale, Charles Lang and Keith Minnion. I have come close to buying this on eBay a few times. Thrilled to have this one.
    Signed PC of Murder as a Fine Art bu David Morrell. This is a duplicate and will be added to the Powell's box.
    Signed PC of Scott Smith's The Ruins. This is a strange one for me. I purchased A Simple Plan. I passed on this one because I actually hated the story. Since then I have looked at this one just to have the CD Scott Smith set. I just could not bring my self to spend money on that story again. Now I have the set without having purchased The Ruins.

I am pleased with the bag.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    YAY! That's awesome. Glad you got it.
    In the end that is all that matters.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    That's also odd, because by law, UPS have to keep tracking info for at least a few years. I used to work on the Package Tracking system at UPS many years ago, and even then we kept history for at least three years.
    I just checked the site again and it has been updated.

It now shows
    03/11 Delivered
    03/12 Investigation
    03/13 Delivered

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    No idea, the history on the UPS website just vanished. Where it once that it was delivered on Wednesday and then researching on Thursday now just says delivered on Friday. Happy it's home.
    YAY! That's awesome. Glad you got it.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    No idea, the history on the UPS website just vanished. Where it once that it was delivered on Wednesday and then researching on Thursday now just says delivered on Friday. Happy it's home.
    That's also odd, because by law, UPS have to keep tracking info for at least a few years. I used to work on the Package Tracking system at UPS many years ago, and even then we kept history for at least three years.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Must have been that little side trip in Vegas
    That may be true because it is not talking!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Must have been that little side trip in Vegas

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Great news! Was it just mishandled?

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Well when I arrived home today the missing package was sitting on my doorstep!

I scored:
    Lettered PC of Douglas Clegg's Isis. This is a Clegg story I have never read and am really looking forward to it.
    Limited copy of James Renner's Muse. I can't tell you how many times I almost bought this but kept passing in my efforts to buy fewer books. Another one I am looking forward to reading.
    Trade edition of Bentley Little's The Mailman. I do have the limited and love the story. This one will probably go in my box of books to trade at Powell's.
    Great news! Was it just mishandled?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    Trust me I know that feeling well of - Set aside what I am reading and begin reading the book I just got now. lol Cap
    I could not wait and have started Isis. First thing I noticed is that the book is dedicated to Mindy Jarusek. I found that cool!

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    I have wanted to read this one for a long time. I am considering putting what I am reading on hold and starting this one tonight.
    Trust me I know that feeling well of - Set aside what I am reading and begin reading the book I just got now. lol Cap

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    HA!

So once a year, we email the CDCC a 50% off coupon code that can be used to purchase Gift Certificates. For example, you could buy a $500 Gift Certificate for $250. Then you'll have $500 in credit with us, essentially. So if a $500 book comes along that you want, you use your certificate and it's like you only paid $250 for the book since you only paid $250 for the certificate. (Or, of course, you could buy lots of $40 and $50 books until you use up all $500 on the Gift Certificate, but the end result is the same...!)

Brian
    I sent you a pm Brian. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    I am jealous. I have the CD S/L Isis and the small trade hardcover signed by Douglas Clegg. I also have two Isis magnets. Isis is one of my favorite books period. ~Cap
    I have wanted to read this one for a long time. I am considering putting what I am reading on hold and starting this one tonight.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Well when I arrived home today the missing package was sitting on my doorstep!

I scored:
    Lettered PC of Douglas Clegg's Isis. This is a Clegg story I have never read and am really looking forward to it.
    Limited copy of James Renner's Muse. I can't tell you how many times I almost bought this but kept passing in my efforts to buy fewer books. Another one I am looking forward to reading.
    Trade edition of Bentley Little's The Mailman. I do have the limited and love the story. This one will probably go in my box of books to trade at Powell's.
    I am jealous. I have the CD S/L Isis and the small trade hardcover signed by Douglas Clegg. I also have two Isis magnets. Isis is one of my favorite books period. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

Working...
X