No announcement yet.

CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be upset about that. I feel I didn't hear much about the club as I did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyb View Post
      I wouldn't be upset about that. I feel I didn't hear much about the club as I did last year.
      Complete speculation on my part but I expect things to remain pretty low key until current supply chain issues have eased up and they can once again start shipping on a more predictable schedule.

Comment

Is it me or is CDCC membership becoming more and more worthless? Between eBay and the new "trick-or-treat" emails, they don't even offer rare/out of print books to the CDCC anymore. Moreover, the gift certificates bought in the past can't even be used to buy what they are offering since they circumvented that by only accepting PayPal/Venmo. I'm sure this is all an effort to raise capitol, but $100 yearly to get 15% a few books I don't even want is not worth it. Thanks for letting me buy cheap certs and store credit with little to spend it on and for early access to the latest King novel that's still 3yrs out. Rant over.

Comment

It's nice that the update email went to CDCC people first at least, but yeah, it's a bummer that the gift cards won't work for those.
          That WPB lettered edition is just taunting me. It's one of my grail items, but I simply cannot swing it during this holiday season.

Comment

I was a member for at least two consecutive years. Joined in one year for a Iimited Simon Clark (JUDAS TREE) and a mosaic novella. That was years ago. Not even sure which year that specific club. I did inquire about both several times prior to the current pandemic but never did get a straight answer. I understand how supply chains in printing (especially in the small press) has been impacted by current events and CD does put out quality products but I do wish these backlog of promised books would be addressed with a list of each book and the status.

Jim
            Last edited by Jargendeli; 12-10-2021, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead View Post
              Is it me or is CDCC membership becoming more and more worthless? Between eBay and the new "trick-or-treat" emails, they don't even offer rare/out of print books to the CDCC anymore. Moreover, the gift certificates bought in the past can't even be used to buy what they are offering since they circumvented that by only accepting PayPal/Venmo. I'm sure this is all an effort to raise capitol, but $100 yearly to get 15% a few books I don't even want is not worth it. Thanks for letting me buy cheap certs and store credit with little to spend it on and for early access to the latest King novel that's still 3yrs out. Rant over.
              This has been the first of many years where I gave the CDCC a miss. The benefits that the club gave buyers have been getting poorer for a number of years. The exclusive book takes forever to appear, the various trinkets and clothing don't interest me and the small discounts on books aren't usually worthwhile. You'll pick most CD books up on ebay far cheaper and won't be paying years in advance.

The only incentive for me now would be the discount in gift certificates. I won't be purchasing any more of them though until the backlog of books I have preordered are delivered. Looking at the recent production updates it looks like that will be a long way away

Comment

I got a shipping notice for this today. Be interesting to see what it is!
                _CHAPBK32 CDCC 11 Signed Chapbook Chapbook 1.00 1.00 0.00
                Date Shipped Via
                12/30/21 MIVA USPS PRIORITY MAIL

Comment

Got mine today. Not a clue on what it will be. Anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
                    Got mine today. Not a clue on what it will be. Anybody know?
                    If my memory is correct, it is a Richard Chizmar story.

Comment

It is. You may all get shipping notices but not actually see movement on them for a bit. I printed all the labels at once and am packing them myself as I have time from home while the warehouse guys work on shipping other things and prep for the arrival of Gwendy's Final Task.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I did notice there was no tracking number so that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          It is. You may all get shipping notices but not actually see movement on them for a bit. I printed all the labels at once and am packing them myself as I have time from home while the warehouse guys work on shipping other things and prep for the arrival of Gwendy's Final Task.
                          Well that explains my shipping notice. I just figured stuff hadn't been picked up.

Comment

Also a point to mention since these are chapbooks, the majority of them are shipping via USPS First Class Flat mail. Which for US addresses does not actually have tracking.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

My chapbook arrived today. Very nice production, as always.
                              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Y'all.
                                I'm trying to decide whether or not to take CD up on the offer for the new discounted CDCC subscription or just wait until my current subscription ends. What are y'all doing?

Normally, isn't there some sort of extra incentive to join, like a monthly credit or somesuch thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X