No announcement yet.

Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the PS editions? I haven't been paying attention to other editions of SK books. CD is pretty much my go-to for such things.

Comment

Hey Brian, did I understand correctly from the darktower.org board that CD's Carrie gift edition will also be available via pspublishing's website so that us Europeans can save on shipping and customs costs? Because that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise View Post
        Hey Brian, did I understand correctly from the darktower.org board that CD's Carrie gift edition will also be available via pspublishing's website so that us Europeans can save on shipping and customs costs? Because that would be great.
        It should be. I'm pretty sure they put in an order with us for copies. To be sure though I'd contact them and let them know you are interested and what not.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Congratz on taking the plunge, TDog!!!

I hope you find the water not too chilly...

Brian and Mindy made sure the water was nice and warm for me and it's lovely, just like swimming in the Bahamas...

I am one happy dog....

Dog takes the plunge.jpg
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

PS (Post Scripts) Publishing run by Peter Crowther in the UK has done special editions of Pet Sematary, Christine and Carrie. I do not believe Carrie has shipped yet. The two that have shipped can be seen in a few of the collector's threads on this site. In general PS books are very different from CD books. The cover graphics are often printed directly on the boards, the paper is closer to what you would see in a trade edition and the slipcases are also much thinner. I personally only by books from PS when they are unique. The re-print editions from PS were never desirable for me. Here is a link to the PS offerings related to King on there site. Many of the books are not published by them, they carry books by other publishers, like CD, and in many cases offer a cheaper shipping option for European customers. http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/index.asp?function=search
            Originally posted by Ford Prefect View Post
            What are the PS editions? I haven't been paying attention to other editions of SK books. CD is pretty much my go-to for such things.

Comment

They have the Gift and Artist editions available on their site. http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/carrie...ing-2127-p.asp
              Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              It should be. I'm pretty sure they put in an order with us for copies. To be sure though I'd contact them and let them know you are interested and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                PS (Post Scripts) Publishing run by Peter Crowther in the UK has done special editions of Pet Sematary, Christine and Carrie. I do not believe Carrie has shipped yet. The two that have shipped can be seen in a few of the collector's threads on this site. In general PS books are very different from CD books. The cover graphics are often printed directly on the boards, the paper is closer to what you would see in a trade edition and the slipcases are also much thinner. I personally only by books from PS when they are unique. The re-print editions from PS were never desirable for me. Here is a link to the PS offerings related to King on there site. Many of the books are not published by them, they carry books by other publishers, like CD, and in many cases offer a cheaper shipping option for European customers. http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/index.asp?function=search
                Thanks! I went to the link and looked. I did see that Carrie edition in a CD email. I don't like Glen Chadbourne's stuff at all (though I bought the Secretary books) and there didn't seem to be anything extra to tempt me so I ignored it and totally forgot about it. But they don't sound like great books from what other people have been saying here, so I'm glad I did skip them.

These books, however, are extremely tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  They have the Gift and Artist editions available on their site. http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/carrie...ing-2127-p.asp
                  Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the gift edition. Oddly enough no shipping costs were charged so the total price was only 60 pounds. I reckon something about that is not quite right and I'll have to pay shipping costs at a later stage. Still, should not be too much.

Can I ask Dan, why can the shipping costs be so low when ordering from pspublishing? I assume they still have to receive the books from you guys?

Looking forward to this book (and the others that were announced) very much. On the basis of what I've received from CD so far I expect the quality to be top notch.

Comment

Can I ask Dan, why can the shipping costs be so low when ordering from pspublishing? I assume they still have to receive the books from you guys?
                    We ship them all of their books in one big shipment, so they end up paying a fraction for shipping compared to what it would cost to ship all of those same books to individual customers in individual shipments. Plus, I get this feeling that they're not getting charged as much by their Post Office as we are by ours these days. So PS Publishing is really smart place to order from if you're in the UK or Europe.

Brian
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I would be careful of warm water after someone else left it.
                      Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                      Brian and Mindy made sure the water was nice and warm for me and it's lovely, just like swimming in the Bahamas...

I am one happy dog....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14951[/ATTACH]

Comment

I have some cherished items from PS in my collection but these never really tempted me.
                        Originally posted by Ford Prefect View Post
                        Thanks! I went to the link and looked. I did see that Carrie edition in a CD email. I don't like Glen Chadbourne's stuff at all (though I bought the Secretary books) and there didn't seem to be anything extra to tempt me so I ignored it and totally forgot about it. But they don't sound like great books from what other people have been saying here, so I'm glad I did skip them.

These books, however, are extremely tempting.

Comment

Saving on shipping is always a good thing!
                          Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the gift edition. Oddly enough no shipping costs were charged so the total price was only 60 pounds. I reckon something about that is not quite right and I'll have to pay shipping costs at a later stage. Still, should not be too much.

Looking forward to this book (and the others that were announced) very much. On the basis of what I've received from CD so far I expect the quality to be top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            I would be careful of warm water after someone else left it.
                            LOL!!! There are no "extra ingredients" in this water... it's crystal clear and fresh.
                            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                            - Stephen King

Comment

I have the PS editions of Christine and Pet Sematary. I like them but I am pretty sure that I'll like the CD editions better just because I know CD's quality standards are so high. I am curious to see what they do with the lettered edition of Carrie which I know I'd never be able to afford and probably wouldn't even be able to get an order in for one if I tried.

Comment

. You drank the water????...... I thought you drank the Kool-Aid..
                                Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                                LOL!!! There are no "extra ingredients" in this water... it's crystal clear and fresh.

Comment

Working...
                                X