[INDEXED]Doctor Sleep: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    It looks like my hard-core collecting days are over. The last King-limited I bought was IT, including all three states. I LOVE those books.
    Then came The Shining limited. I did not order any edition - and still don't regret this.
    I was in London with some of my students and missed out on Doctor Sleep. So far, I feel fine about not having ordered the lettered nor the numbered editions.
    I was about to order the gift, but shipping to the Netherlands will cost me more than half of the price of the book, so for now, that's a definite no.
    Feels good to have lost (I think..) this have-to-buy-each-and-every-new-King-limited-that's-coming-out compulsion...

sk
    Welcome Back

Comment

Thanks!

sk

Comment

True. I have been going through my books and selling off extra copies and thinning out stuff I do not want and focusing on filling in the holes of authors that I want. I also need to keep up better with my tbr pile and try not to keep adding to it so fast.
        That's what I have to do also. Sell off some books....I just don't have the room, but where do you sell them? Ebay is difficult because only hard core collectors will buy them since the vast majority have no clue what they're worth, plus outragious fees. Here?
        The problem is I have a hard time forcing myself to sell anything since 90% of my collection is from the late 80's and early 90's. I decided recently to focus only on King stuff then I see a great deal and get it. And some King stuff I don't think is so collectible like the Anniversary Editions of both Christine and Pet Cemetery I bought as well and will have to pop them on the spare bedroom's bed since my bookshelf is full and all kinds of drawers are full too. It's all so aggravating.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
          That's what I have to do also. Sell off some books....I just don't have the room, but where do you sell them? Ebay is difficult because only hard core collectors will buy them since the vast majority have no clue what they're worth, plus outragious fees. Here?
          The problem is I have a hard time forcing myself to sell anything since 90% of my collection is from the late 80's and early 90's. I decided recently to focus only on King stuff then I see a great deal and get it. And some King stuff I don't think is so collectible like the Anniversary Editions of both Christine and Pet Cemetery I bought as well and will have to pop them on the spare bedroom's bed since my bookshelf is full and all kinds of drawers are full too. It's all so aggravating.
          Me too. I know I have some books that other people would like, but selling them is such a hassle. I should just take some pics and post here. Then again, if you have something that you don't know the value of, ebay can be good to you. I had an old Seiko digital watch from 1976 that I paid $35 for at a local jeweler's going-out-of-business sale. I put it on ebay starting at $99, sold to a guy in Italy for $515 + expensive shipping. You just never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
            Me too. I know I have some books that other people would like, but selling them is such a hassle. I should just take some pics and post here. Then again, if you have something that you don't know the value of, ebay can be good to you. I had an old Seiko digital watch from 1976 that I paid $35 for at a local jeweler's going-out-of-business sale. I put it on ebay starting at $99, sold to a guy in Italy for $515 + expensive shipping. You just never know.
            Yeah, eBay is pretty good I've sold over a thousand items there under the name 'theenormityofitall66" but only have about 600 feedback to show for it (most buyers don't leave seller's feedback). I had to quit because of the fees were too much for one person to try and make a go of it. If I did sell any books, it would be here or there. I did sell a signed trade edition of Dreamcatcher for $200 and the limited of Desperation for over $300...it seems a lot of these people don't realize if they did a search they could find some of these things for a lower amount
            Right again, it's a hassle. I always hated packing the thing up and making out ads and just don't feel like doing it anymore. But they have to go somewhere...

Comment

The DOCTOR SLEEP Gift Edition of 1,750 copies officially Sold Out this morning, just one week after it was announced!

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Wow! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
                  The DOCTOR SLEEP Gift Edition of 1,750 copies officially Sold Out this morning, just one week after it was announced!

Brian
                  Very cool Brian, Congratulations!

Comment

Wow, that went fast! Congratulations on the sell out!

Comment

That is amazingly fast even for 1750 copies.

Comment

Crazy insane!

Comment

That's crazy! Congratulations!!

Comment

Very nice! Looks to be a great producrion!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Wow, congratulations!

Comment

Super duper.

Comment

Working...
                                X