No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]Doctor Sleep: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like my hard-core collecting days are over. The last King-limited I bought was IT, including all three states. I LOVE those books.
    Then came The Shining limited. I did not order any edition - and still don't regret this.
    I was in London with some of my students and missed out on Doctor Sleep. So far, I feel fine about not having ordered the lettered nor the numbered editions.
    I was about to order the gift, but shipping to the Netherlands will cost me more than half of the price of the book, so for now, that's a definite no.
    Feels good to have lost (I think..) this have-to-buy-each-and-every-new-King-limited-that's-coming-out compulsion...

sk

Comment

I've always felt that as long as you enjoy the books you have, more or less doesn't make a difference!

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and say that I am very excited about this limited edition and that CD is producing it! Looking forward to receiving the S/L and G/E.

Lettered is out of my league, but I sure love that cover! Kudos to the artist and designer!

Comment

Just a heads-up: The Gift Edition of Doctor Sleep WILL sell out this weekend, so this is your last chance to place an order:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king07

I'm trying to remember if a Stephen King Gift Edition has ever sold out in less than a week after it was announced... We've had a couple sell out pre-publication (From a Buick 8 and Full Dark, No Stars), but never anywhere near this quickly.

Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I think it's because people know I bought one. You're welcome.

Comment

That is certainly why I placed my order!
              Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              I think it's because people know I bought one. You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                That is certainly why I placed my order!
                There it is!! Confirmation. LOL!!

Comment

So how many copies of the Gift edition are being printed
                  If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

It's only around 1750, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      It looks like my hard-core collecting days are over. The last King-limited I bought was IT, including all three states. I LOVE those books.
                      Then came The Shining limited. I did not order any edition - and still don't regret this.
                      I was in London with some of my students and missed out on Doctor Sleep. So far, I feel fine about not having ordered the lettered nor the numbered editions.
                      I was about to order the gift, but shipping to the Netherlands will cost me more than half of the price of the book, so for now, that's a definite no.
                      Feels good to have lost (I think..) this have-to-buy-each-and-every-new-King-limited-that's-coming-out compulsion...

sk
                      You should just wait Fritz and get them from Betts when they have 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
                        So how many copies of the Gift edition are being printed
                        1750 gift editions

750 limited editions

52 lettereds
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
                          I guess thats good in a way. Now you can just focus on what you really want to add to the collection. Or, add nothing at all and just enjoy what you have.

Comment

True. I have been going through my books and selling off extra copies and thinning out stuff I do not want and focusing on filling in the holes of authors that I want. I also need to keep up better with my tbr pile and try not to keep adding to it so fast.
                            Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                            I guess thats good in a way. Now you can just focus on what you really want to add to the collection. Or, add nothing at all and just enjoy what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              1750 gift editions

750 limited editions

52 lettereds

So that comes to a total of 2552 books of Doctor Sleep. Same number forward and backwards...........strange.

Comment

....cool-strange....

Comment

Working...
                                X