X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    Can one of the moderators fix the title of this thread? It's supposed to be Doctor Sleep, not Dr. Sleep. I know, it's a minor thing, but it bugs me!

John
    I was literally just thinking that when I clicked to see the newest messages in this thread, lol. Or at least thinking that name of the thread was wrong anyway

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    Can one of the moderators fix the title of this thread? It's supposed to be Doctor Sleep, not Dr. Sleep. I know, it's a minor thing, but it bugs me!

John

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    the more the merrier!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Got my preorder via Amazon too - wonder how many variations of this one will be produced (after the TWTTK experience, particularly UK editions)

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Awesome! Can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I guess I'm not used to seeing the word "tween" in print. I read the first paragraph of the the blurb for this 6 times before I figured it out! Of course, I was still in the process of waking up when I read it. He promised that Dr. Sleep would be a return to balls-to -the-wall horror, so I'm all for that. And I wanted Danny to be "normal" after the events of The Shining.....

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    The new description sounds better than any I've seen so far. I'm so glad it's not regular vampires.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Pre-ordered!

sk

Me too. Happy happy joy joy!!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Pre-ordered!

sk

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    Product Details
    Scribner, January 15, 2013
    Hardcover, 544 pages
    ISBN-10: 1451698844
    ISBN-13: 9781451698848
    List Price: $30.00

http://books.simonandschuster.com/Do.../9781451698848
    http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Sleep-S.../dp/1451698844

I'll be looking for the proofs sometime in August or September.

John

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    http://www.stephenking.com/news.html

Leave a comment:

• wakeupnow
    replied
    Originally posted by gsconquest View Post
    I hope this isn't going to be a sequel like Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. Where they take a popular story and use it to sell a not so great idea that in no way relates to the previous works. Guess we'll wait and see. I am cautiously optimistic.
    Actually, they never intended Halloween to be a series about the same bad guy, Michael Meyers. Originally, they intended it to be a *different* story for each sequel; so Halloween 3 was in line with their original vision. The fans and marketplace demanded that Michael return in each one, and thus a franchise was born. I'm not sure if the 2nd one was essentially a continuation of the 1st in that regard, or the 3rd was a "return to the original vision".

Personally I think the 3rd was unique and original, but I can see why people might not like it. Also, bear in mind the special effects (it's weak point) are cheesy in hindsight, it was made in the 80's.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    Squire, perhaps we should call you Serpent. Tempter in the Garden. Or just Crawley

"Funny thing is, I keep wondering whether the apple thing wasn't the right thing to do as well. A demon can get into real trouble, doing the right thing." - Crowley, Good Omens by Neil Gaiman
    Don't know about that...I was "Gator" for awhile. While on the crew (rowing team) in college.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Squire, perhaps we should call you Serpent. Tempter in the Garden. Or just Crawley

"Funny thing is, I keep wondering whether the apple thing wasn't the right thing to do as well. A demon can get into real trouble, doing the right thing." - Crowley, Good Omens by Neil Gaiman

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Everybody here is blaming ME for spending THEIR money on books! I just don't understand it...
    Because it is your fault.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X